Is Gold/Plat players supposed to be good?

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Q:

I’m in T3 Gold, and I play lots of Gold and Plat players. I notice my team make bad decisions. In one match I lost, 4 of my team was fighting 1 Guardian at our close base. The enemy took all 3 bases, because my whole team was fighting away from base. I died against 3 enemy at middle.

Here’s the sadness. They didn’t kill the Guadian until after I came back alive.

If you’re in Gold or Plat ranked, I think you should be good at playing. Who thinks it’s smart to all attack 1 person at this level?

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Im sorry that this happened but if you want to break it down we can.

If all 4 of them were facing 1 player at your home its probably best to regroup and make the full 5 man push towards mid and hole you could win the 5 vs 3 that you tried to solo.

Also fighting off point is a huge part of the game, you cant sit on a point and expect to beat the best players in the game when they will let you cap something if it means they live and they know they can get a kill on someone. They will be patient and let you have the 15-30 sec buff if it means they can win the 2 cap point in a different way.

Lastly ive been in gold 3-plat 2 all season. Ive played multiple times player in the to 25 when they were ranked top 25.

And today i played against 5 people and we held a 4 vs 5 even for about 2 minutes until the 5th came back and took a 3 cap for the rest of the game.

The ratings of players in each match can be vastly different.

Last thing i want to add is this is the first game ive won with the combination of 3 with mesmer/thief. never won a game this season when i had 3 people playing those 2 classes on my team.

Attachments:

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

That depend of your definition of good.

Is it mechanically good ? I suppose all people at gold level master a build.

Is it good at understanding situations and taking the good decision ? That’s the core of conquest and probably the hardest skill to master…

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

If ur talking about NA, quite literally, only the pro league players are good, EVERY other person is bad.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

If ur talking about NA, quite literally, only the pro league players are good, EVERY other person is bad.

Idk about EU, but I can attest to how bad players are in NA.

I quit the game over a year and a half ago more or less and literally came back two days ago. Sat down with my main class and metabattle open, looked up the meta builds took one, added a few touches I thought would be better, played a few unrankeds to at least get back up to speed with the basics (dodging, targeting, reading the map better) and then went straight into ranked. Climbed from bronze straight into plat with a 77% winrate over around 40 games and have literally not noticed a single difference in the quality of the players aside from a few warrior mains insta gibbing me (my kitten still burns kek).

Reality is no, but you’d expect the plats at least to be something decent considering they’re literally 100 or so points away from being top 250 in their region.

in PvP

Posted by: Luciferior.4802

Luciferior.4802

In regards to SlayerSixx’s statement not to point fingers here or personally judge you as a player but when you say you were away from the game for a long period of time come back and use a modified meta build then use statements like “Idk about EU, but I can attest to how bad players are in NA.” Ill be completely honest if you had come back from a year and a half break made a build on your own w/o using metabattle and got to plat from it I would give you all the props in the world I honestly would I can certainly understand *Looking at metabattle to see what other people are likely going to use against you… but to come back from a break and use granted a modified meta build I just cannot support your statement of “Idk about EU, but I can attest to how bad players are in NA.” and while that being said I don’t claim to be good personally because I am not I admit it I’m a trash level player at best on a good day while in regards to your break you said you were away from the game over a year and a half yes noted but what does that say specifically about the build you used granted a modified version that a player can come back from such a long break pick up a meta build modify it slightly and still get to plat? in closing as I stated this wasn’t intended to shame you personally or anything of that sort just state the facts in relation to your statements

Do what thou wilt

(edited by Luciferior.4802)

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

After many iterations over the course of a few hours, I’ve ended up piecing together a build I’m comfortable with that is very far from what you would find from meta battle, but I will admit that I started there.

Your problem is that you insist that it is the build that carries the player. My point when I stated that I plucked my build off of meta battle (and I apologize if I wasn’t clear) was that simple, proper decision making is something that you will simply not find in NA. While the build youre playing will impact your performance, if youre still a stupid player, you won’t go anywhere. The top 250 and the bronzelords might, in many cases, be using the same builds, but the difference between the two in terms of play is practically night and day.

Also, I had no idea as to what has changed since I left and have no interest in jumping on the wiki and reading changelog after changelog. Simply jumping on metabattle to get a taste of what is currently happening is far better.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

not this late in the season.

in PvP

Posted by: shadowthejedi.3089

shadowthejedi.3089

I play the easiest class. Everyone look at me, and think I’m skilled.

I’f you don’t get every top stat every single game below plat, you aren’t good. And that’s NA and EU

Attachments:

Shadow, the legend Myth.
Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One of The Avengers
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/109982102

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Because specs not outfitted to heal and lack the required stability to repeatedly stomp/res are meant to get ALL the stats.

As far as my spec is concerned, I get the top stat I’m meant to get in almost every game I play. 36 games (ik it isnt a lot) with a 77% winrate. I’m not good, but I’m nothing like the kids who literally waffle about home and mid as they’re being contested and then die to the thief 1v1 off point while they struggle to make a decision.

in PvP

Luciferior.4802

Granted you made it to plat and I am not trying to take away from what you accomplished despite your long break from the game and it isn’t my sole intent to make it sound as if you were carried by a specific modified build my issue is more so the regards of your statement referring to the players in NA with only an admitted few days experience from your said long break there are likely a lot of factors in how you got to plat but I doubt bad players being in NA was the sole reason Are their bad players in NA? Yes no doubt in reference to my last post about me being bad I am at least 1 of them But for an example " A new player comes to Gw2 plays the game for a week or so then gets on the forums or in LA map chat screaming this game sucks there isn’t any content its boring blah blah…..after only said week " I understand that isn’t what you said but there is a certain relation to how it was received at least from my perspective in general if you had been here the last year and a half in pvp then made that statement I wouldn’t of even replied but Plat division or not if you have only been back for said few days how can you soundly make the statement “Idk about EU, but I can attest to how bad players are in NA.” In absolute confidence? In closing I note there are 5 people per team And while I cannot assume for or against your personal skill in those said matches as I personally don’t know it is a safe bet you had some decent teams or players in those teams that were at least aware of what they were doing to help you on your journey to plat thus showing there are some good players in NA as I am not likely 1 of them because I will end this pvp season at gold Sadly if the forums are good at anything they are absolute in their regards to what each division in NA represent Legendary=Really good players arguably Plat=Good players that understand their specs and can rotate ect ect …Gold division and below=Trash level the burger flippers and janitors of guild wars 2 pvp respectfully

Do what thou wilt

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

28 games in a row of getting carried huh. I must be lucky eh. Could be I got carried. I still stand by my point that I have seen SEVERAL displays of terrible plays and rotations constantly over the course of the last few days and I said previously, I can only speak for what I’ve seen.

in PvP

Luciferior.4802

There are no doubt bad players in NA as we can both agree but as you stated you have been playing a few days since returning Not from the start of the season and certainly not for the past year and a half …. In general while I can most likely agree your are running into a lot of players who cannot rotate or just play bad but I respectfully caution you from judging NA PvP entirely based off of these players solely you have encountered from 28 games As they do not represent NA as a whole most would argue we as NA have some good players and yes we likely have a fair amount of bad ones but the very concept of good or bad player wise is subjective depending on whom you ask which is a trend we seem to have here at NA we are quick to assume so and so is bad just because they make mistakes when we see them play a match or two while not accounting for generalized off pvp days or in general just bad days where a player just keeps making mistakes even though they may be decent arguably noting there has been several instances from the start of this season players being accused of throwing matches intentionally for what ever reasons whether or not that relates to your matches at all I cant say for certain I only urge you to keep an open mind regarding NA PVP In general respectfully

Do what thou wilt

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Just a question. You seem to be very eager to defend the region. Why?

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Ive noticed that most players just don’t know proper rotation to fit their comp. For example, I faced a team where the warrior would steal our home the entire game and win every 1v1 but my team wanted to win far/mid instead of try and take home back from the warrior.

Thats why a thief can make or break a team since a good one will harass their far and allow the rest of the team to secure mid/home.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Luciferior.4802

Why wouldn’t I defend NA As a whole vs a generalized statement? I can assure you its not to be a white knight or some kind of forum warrior… And to be completely honest given your admittance of how long you have been back to the game and pvp in general with the amount of games you say you have played or won vs how long you have been away I personally don’t think your statement should have gone without a reply And while I admit my replies are just an opinion half of NA might not even agree with me that is their choice but the reality is I stand behind my opinions and my statements And in regards to your statement “Idk about EU, but I can attest to how bad players are in NA.” Taking into account the games you say you have played how long you have been back In all honestly no sugar coating The statement came off as closed minded and ignorant and you can dismiss my opinions as just that opinions it isn’t my intent to turn this into a argument or anything But I would like to think any reasonable person noting the time you have been back the time you have put in also accounting for games played or won it since you have been back just doesn’t seem fair for you to make a broad generalized statement regarding an entire regions PvP player base off 2days + of playing and 36 games played or won depending but that’s just me and my opinion you are welcome to dismiss it or disagree with it But to be fair If one is going to make such a statement regarding an entire regions PvP Player base Good or bad Or both the person making the statement would be wise to have more than 2days 36 games played ….In the same respects that would be like me transferring to EU and pvping in their league for less than a 5 days then making a statement about how they are as players whether good or bad I would personally expect every player from EU that saw my post To send me a mail and call me an idiot and mail me 250 packets of salt each because of that statement I would have made in regards to their regions PvP player base off such a little amount of time and experience in the matter

Do what thou wilt

(edited by Luciferior.4802)

in PvP

Posted by: shadowthejedi.3089

shadowthejedi.3089

Because specs not outfitted to heal and lack the required stability to repeatedly stomp/res are meant to get ALL the stats.

As far as my spec is concerned, I get the top stat I’m meant to get in almost every game I play. 36 games (ik it isnt a lot) with a 77% winrate. I’m not good, but I’m nothing like the kids who literally waffle about home and mid as they’re being contested and then die to the thief 1v1 off point while they struggle to make a decision.

I’ve gotten top heals as condi thief and ive gotten top kills as a pure medic. If you belong in plat, it’s obvious in every game

Shadow, the legend Myth.
Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One of The Avengers
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/109982102

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I’ve gotten top heals as condi thief and ive gotten top kills as a pure medic. If you belong in plat, it’s obvious in every game

Unless you play support lel

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It’s not that NA is worse (it might be) but there’s less people playing so the matchmaker just puts silver vs almost legendaries which means you have no idea if the player is a bad plat player or he might actually be silver and you’re making the wrong assumption about their rank.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

It’s not that NA is worse (it might be) but there’s less people playing so the matchmaker just puts silver vs almost legendaries which means you have no idea if the player is a bad plat player or he might actually be silver and you’re making the wrong assumption about their rank.

I would like to add to this point.

You can literally see the best players on EU playing hundreds of games with there mains. No cheating/smurfing to crush low level players.

NA has been full of alt accounts and ESL players not playing there main accounts. Using ALT accounts to help friends stay in the TOP 10 of the leader board. As well as alot of ESL players playing the least amount of games possible.

So lets be honest, the players of NA and EU are no different skill wise. Simply that EU is far more competitive and has a more accurate Leader Board.

With no real ESL scene and alot of players disappearing from NA like OE,five gauge, Caed.

Im wondering how you guys can have a actual debate about the skill of each region when one is simply embracing the new system where the other is losing top level players and manipulating it to the point that Anet actually made a change during the season.

in PvP

Vicariuz.1605

I play the easiest class. Everyone look at me, and think I’m skilled.

I’f you don’t get every top stat every single game below plat, you aren’t good. And that’s NA and EU

Top stats do not matter, ever. Getting top stats does not win you the game.

In regards to smurfing / alting I don’t really see an issue with that, you are allowed to have as many accounts as you want, setting a number of games played to appear on the board is a good change that needed to happen, NA brought this to light.

Now, playing alts and abusing the duo mechanic (along with abusing builds “dd condi dodge” as an example) during off peak hours, and grinding bad players to legendary, is not ok. Do I really truly care if they get legend? no. What I care about is the health of the game, doing things like that, or alt duoing to keep poor players at a rating they dont deserve, is genuinely bad for the game. And you can see that from the actions of NA, actions speak louder than words.

Back on topic though, for the 4th time this season I have soloq to legend (granted on an alt), only to go on a 4-5 loss streak all the way back down to plat1; now, after 350+ games, what is the reason for my WILD swings in rating? 1. Population, I am more often playing with plat1/gold3 players than plat 3/2 players; this is a serious kittening issue. There are simply NOT ENOUGH players in NA to get good matches. Sure you will get close matches, but not good ones. It is a CONSTANT turn over of dying off point, dying 1v1 in a favored match up, double thief, afk at home, 3 or 4 people rotating home for 1 person, (Toker likes to abuse this with condi warrior). Followed by a SCRAMBLE to pick up the pieces. LITERALLY every single game. And the best part about it is if u say ANYTHING other than omg ur a god ur a pro ur the best on NA, people flame the kittening kitten out of u and afk.

(edited by Vicariuz.1605)

in PvP

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

NA can’t catch a break lol. I feel sorry for the actually good players(yes they might exist) in NA that their scene is known as a joke.

Regarding your question: Mechanically gold/plat players should be okay. But they are arrogant. They think they are gods and try to get a three cap as fast as possible. If the midfight is won they immediately rush far and get wiped or loose other caps. I have nothing against this strategy, but what’s the point of going far with multiple ppl. I don’t care if you die as long as you die alone. Decapping a point and occupying 2+ enemies is not bad at all. If you are smart and don’t get slaughtered by a thief you can even disengage. I wish Plat/Gold players would finally learn and stop throwing easy games because of poor decisions…

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Having now played both EU and NA there’s no real difference. Only difference is NA don’t play as much other than that it’s really the same. People need to have played both sides before they throw around the EU mvp meme.

in PvP

Vicariuz.1605

Having now played both EU and NA there’s no real difference. Only difference is NA don’t play as much other than that it’s really the same. People need to have played both sides before they throw around the EU mvp meme.

Speaking as some one who has been in legend on both NA and eu, there is a very real difference. EU has, consistently, more competitive matches than NA. Not every single game is a good one, for sure, but overall there are more good matches with both teams rating range of MAYBE 150. In NA you can very easily have a rated range of over 400-500+ points on EACH team.