Is Guardian still Best Team Boost?

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Just wondering if the altruistic guardian is still the most effective “booster” in soloQ to amplify a random team’s chances of winning?

I know it will depend on the opposing team’s configuration. But with enough matches measured, I would think a trend would emerge.

I’d love to see a “scientific study” of how many teams tend to win in SoloQ when they have a non-dps guardian on the team.

I enjoy playing a “boost Guardian” when the team is capable of using the boost.

I get really frustrated when all the buffs in the world don’t seem to help them win a fight.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

spirit ranger/Shout heal warrior + boon guard = win most of the time

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Billionaire.5607

Billionaire.5607

I know what you mean. Especially in soloQ. Too many random variables to effectively go AH. Some matches players on the team will go full yolo. 1 guy on far, 1 guy on mid, 1 guy stuck at home, 1 guy no where near a point fighting. It’s frustrating, b/c AH gets a huge buff with more team members around! For me it is about 50/50 that I end up with a team that rotates decently for not using VOIP. In tPvP with VOIP being AH bunker is so much nicer since your team calls out criticals (Where thief is, how many inc, etc. ) so that the team fights are in everyone’s favor. I have almost same win/loss ratio building dps or bunk. All depends on your random comp vs enemy random comp x player knowledge + ability.

twitch: www.twitch.tv/gamblerbihz
5k Hours Played over last 1.1k days – “I love this game”

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Any class can work if you play the right builds well. Every class is represented by at least one player who can manage a 60%+ win rate over hundreds of games.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Ryan,

That’s an interesting point. I wish they showed the class most played alongside the rank.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Any class can work if you play the right builds well. Every class is represented by at least one player who can manage a 60%+ win rate over hundreds of games.

Would love to see more statistics to support this argument. Probably there is none at the moment though.

in PvP

Ryan.9387

Warrior – Tarcis
Guardian – Quilja
Ele – Josre
Mesmer – Helseth
Necro – Noscoc
Ranger – Me
Theif – Avi
Engie – Butanide

Not that hard to find if you care to take 4 min to look (or think).

There are loads more off the top of my head. Caed, cmc, woodstock, jtan, terp etc…

Ranger | Elementalist

(edited by Ryan.9387)

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Yeah, we are all lazy or stupid, right Ryan?

Or did I misunderstand your comment?

in PvP

Ryan.9387

Please don’t derail the thread.

Look = check the leaderboards.
Think = who is really good at x (streamer/forums/gameplay) that plays a certain class.

I prefer people to make an effort to validate their clams before they post misleading information.

There are 27 people in the top 100 with win rates above 60% and over 100 wins. Without knowing classes it is safe to assume that the majority of the 8 classes will be represented in that group.

Ranger | Elementalist

(edited by Ryan.9387)

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Think = who is really good at x (streamer/forums/gameplay) that plays a certain class.

I prefer people to make an effort to validate their clams before they post misleading information.

There are 27 people in the top 100 with win rates above 60% and over 100 wins. Without knowing classes it is safe to assume that the majority of the 8 classes will be represented in that group.

No offense but the current Leaderboards system is not a very convincing argument about anything. Today I had a 2/10 win/loss ratio in SoloQ. Does that make me a bad player? Maybe, but I bet it also has something to do with AFK people and leavers (4vs5 or even 3vs5 matches). In the current state only Team queue Leaderboards are somewhat representative although even those are now full of teams comprised of pugs (same story as with SoloQ).

sPvP in GW2 has become somewhat of a gamble unless you have a team of five people willing to play 24/7 with you (even then its a gamble if the opposing team might lose a pug or two).

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

“Derail the thread”? Wow…

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

The most annoying thing is clueless player who doesn’t stomp even when I give them stability, they even dodge their #2… Go wonder. Obviously, 5 sec later, they get rallied. Sometime, playing bunker guardian in soloQ is really a pain in the kitten . Don’t get me started with those wanna be point assaulter who go suicide in far right at the begining.

Maybe they should buff guardian by adding a new boon that gives a temporary brain…

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Maybe they should buff guardian by adding a new boon that gives a temporary brain…

[/quote]
lol, It could be a buff that takes over teammates screen showing a complete layout of the map , what to do with points, how to rotate and forces them through a simulation.
Could be GM trait/shout/boon.
As to op I would guess either Guard or staff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Maylo.5892

Maylo.5892

Just wondering if the altruistic guardian is still the most effective “booster” in soloQ to amplify a random team’s chances of winning?

From my own experience i can tell that it’s really still fifty-fifty – as a bunker guardian you can’t really kill anything and if your teammates are not able to kill anything on their other builds and are not focusing the target, there is no way of carrying the games to the winning end as a bunker guardian.

I often end up holding the only point we have, being invaded by 2 or more enemy players, not getting help any soon and losing the point, still without having any other point in our favor.

And ofc there is skyhammer and spirit watch, my fav maps..

Mr Maylo
Rank #1 Life

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

Bunker relies heavily on your team understanding rotations. It’s safe to say that the majority of players will not know how to do this.

The best carries are those with high mobility and the ability to win fights.

The ultimate carry is a good thief.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Bunker relies heavily on your team understanding rotations. It’s safe to say that the majority of players will not know how to do this.

The best carries are those with high mobility and the ability to win fights.

The ultimate carry is a good thief.

This makes sense. You have to get to the fight fast when needed, you have to be able to avoid fights on the way (stealth, arrow jump), and when you get there you have to help win the fight fast.