Is SPvP more popular now than before

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Is SPvP more popular now than before the rating system was in place?

For me personally, the new rating system in SPvP is what made me leave the game for a few months, along side a few other things from PvE as well.

I wonder if this area of SPvP has gained more people or stayed the same as before in terms of population and praise.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

That’s a question for the Devs to answer, anything from anyone else would be pure speculation. Maybe someone has so info on changes in twitch viewership though?

For me personally though, I’ve played pvp much more this season due to ratings and the leaderboard and improved divisions.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

I feel like sPvP is never gonna be as popular as it was right at release, even though now there are much much much more rewards (any multiplier is an infinity when compared to 0). Probably because the raw number of players was much higher back then.

I will say this though: with season 5’s new system the numbers did seem to increase and HOTM seems to be getting more crowded, but as Shaogin said, it is all speculation, we don’t have any real data.

If looking at percentage wise i don’t really know what to tell you.

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Doesn’t feel much more popular to me, I know it’s just my experience it’s not hard numbers but matching silvers up with platinum players wouldn’t happen if there was a sizable population imo.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

The rating system is good enough, the reward system for ranked is almost there.

The problem is power creep. It’s just so repetitive and spammy.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This game has always been on life support from a pvp perspective. Season 5 was a step forward but the issues that remain such as the no skill spam seem like they will last forever

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I feel like sPvP is never gonna be as popular as it was right at release, even though now there are much much much more rewards (any multiplier is an infinity when compared to 0). Probably because the raw number of players was much higher back then.

I will say this though: with season 5’s new system the numbers did seem to increase and HOTM seems to be getting more crowded, but as Shaogin said, it is all speculation, we don’t have any real data.

If looking at percentage wise i don’t really know what to tell you.

I cant speak in game wise.

But i was in the Tournaments from like AG 30-38 and they were always full.

I think we missed like 3 weeks simply because 14 teams entered before us.

Then 2 things happened really fast and broke the game play for tournaments. The D/D ele meta and then HOT bunker era.

I really feel this game had a serious chance of legit Esports or being considered a great PvP game had they simply addressed those issues. When you go back and look at battle fly. They couldnt even fill up 10 man rosters once 4-5 man ele teams were happening.

I acutally knew 3-4 people who had guild teams/ were making a team who my team could of scrimmed with had everyone stayed level. All of them ditched the game since the changes but 1.

For me this is why this game cant/wont be successful in the PvP aspect. Anet doesnt really care about PvP. I mean the players care more about the PvP scene which is why you saw top level players cry when grouch left. There probably wont be any real 5 vs 5 tournaments for awhile. Lets be honest Those last few weeks before HOT and that HOT season 1-2 were god awful and Anet just let everyone play threw it like we were people in Flint Michigan and they were the Governor having his annual Paris vacation.

So for me this games highest point was right before WTS 2.

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I can’t speak for everyone, but in general, I think no. I know it’s not popular with me. I’ve already quit a month ago.

PvP just does not get the proper support it needs, not even the basics, such as consistent balance. It’s still with the e-sport crusade.

I would just stay away, OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Navajas.3147

Navajas.3147

It does seem more popular than in the last 2-3 seasons, based on personal observation (EU)

Most likely it’s the new leaderboard system that makes people play a lot more, and probably the new rewards brought in a lot of new pvp players.

Heroes’ Ascent.. hero
Long White Hair – among others

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

From my side yes. System motivated more then last seasons. Flaws are still huge but discussed across the board.

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

“More” is a relative term, i Feel it is more popular than it has been since HoT launch, but definitely Less than just before it, and that was with virtually no worthy rewards.

The biggest problem, and i say biggest because there are so kitten many, is that combat is simply too fast and too explosive, it essentially revolves around invulnerability or pseudo invulnerability CDs, save some couple of particular build exceptions. And people simply dont like that. Sure the loud minority of the forum posters here might like that, but they are not the problem, the problem is that they are the minority of the player base and Anet has catered to them for one reason or another.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I suppose only numbers we have are the Groucharoo’s tournament numbers…

the stream got a spike at 2k views and an average of ~1k7-1k8 person watching on Helseth’s channel.

It was advertised on the forum, on reddit and in HoTM. So it wouldn’t be wrong to assume we have at least 2k regular pvp players.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: SkipperCZ.6912

SkipperCZ.6912

I suppose only numbers we have are the Groucharoo’s tournament numbers…

the stream got a spike at 2k views and an average of ~1k7-1k8 person watching on Helseth’s channel.

It was advertised on the forum, on reddit and in HoTM. So it wouldn’t be wrong to assume we have at least 2k regular pvp players.

2001, I wasn’t watching :-)