Is Sigil of Air Still Worth?

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Q:

After a 20% damage nerf I feel like alternatives for damage are worth looking into. How does Force compare/other damage sigils? Leeching/Blood/Fire?

Assuming you always proc air (no might, no vuln) it’s about 700 damage with a demolisher amulet every 3 seconds.

That means it’s about 200 dps increase.

- For force to compare, it would mean you need to do 4000/s damage to match the 200 dps increase from air, however considering how air is single target, force can get you more damage if you have a lot of aoe or cleave.
- Sigil of Fire gives me about 550 damage per proc cd is 5 seconds, so it is 110 dps increase aoe.
- Leeching is just shy of 1000 damage, non scaling, every 10 seconds. you also heal for just shy of 1000. so it is about a 200 health swing every ten seconds, without investment into power.
- Sigil of Blood is giving me 650 damage with a 450 health heal every 5 seconds. this means about a 220 health point swing every second.

Thoughts? Or other player tests that contradict the numbers that I tested?

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I guess it depends on weapon. Might give blood another try on my dagger as the attack speed is pretty fast.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yeah I was wondering this.

What keeps it relevant is the low ICD of 3 seconds which allows it to proc frequently, otherwise I’d switch to fire or blood.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

this is already the second nerf to sigil of air.

why the kitten are they nerfing direct damage builds ?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Its worth as long as you can consistently hit an enemy for the 3s icd. If not, go for blood or fire.

M I L K B O I S