Is Vault bugged or are people DPS hacking?

in PvP

Posted by: BikeIsGone.8675

BikeIsGone.8675

I think you mistook what I meant with setup when I made that “full traps DH” comparison.

DH has NO SETUP time at all. He blinks on you (with Sw#2 i.e.) and furiously smashes whatever keys his Utility 1-5 are bound to. Time needed to do that: ~1 second.

Now for the Thief, considering the stealth setup you suggested earlier. Smoke Screen > Blasting it with shortbow until reaching a comfortable amount of leadattack stacks> Precast Vault + Assassins Signet > Shadowstep. Time needed to do that: ~too freaking long.

You have also – just like the DH – used your entire Utility bar and almost ALL of your initiative for that. If you haven’t downed every single enemy with that attack you better pray to whatever entity you believe in, cause you have no condi cleanse nor stunbreaks left.

And that is exactly what makes builds like these garbage for higher level play ==> People realize when you are vulnerable and exploit that.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Meanwhile there are warriors running around with by far more HP, armor, defensives, condi cleanse and heals dishing out 12k+ instant aoe arc dividers and nobody has issue with it~

You can’t be serious. People complain about warrior all the time too.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Meanwhile there are warriors running around with by far more HP, armor, defensives, condi cleanse and heals dishing out 12k+ instant aoe arc dividers and nobody has issue with it~

Not as much as about thieves.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Rednova.5283

Rednova.5283

Let me say it again, for the 3rd time:

It’s not that I think vault thief is OP. It’s that the damage from vault should be distributed more across the character’s other abilities so that they are meaningful and the build structure is more playable in general.

The other skills on staff are meaningful though. The auto attack is fine, 3 removes immobilize which comes in handy when shadowstep is down, 4 is a ranged blind that can also do a few thousand damage and has some range to it. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve downed a guy whos tried to kite me when he has low health only to be hit with a 3k crit when he was more than likely expecting a vault. Staff 2 even has some uses with spreading weakness albeit for a short duration.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Not as much as about thieves.

I see more people complain about War in terms of, “omg they r op please Nerf” while thieves get the whole, “Spam 1, 1, 1, stealth… 1, 1, 1,” rotations.

Thieves may be annoying but Warriors win the “OP class of the season” in terms of general complaints on the class’s bursts.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Everyone should really watch his youtube video of dh carrying (posted on his signature), before commenting here. It speaks volumes about his actual skill level and experience.

Here’s the link, in case he decides to remove it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGRFVbvCnk

in PvP

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

“Then started wondering if maybe vault needed a nerf, considering this large damage is being landed by doing two things only: Dodge rolling – Pushing #5. Even if vault is not OP, it is still broken and that’s the main point of posting this thread. Anything that can deal 15k+ damage in a single strike is broken my friends.”

Just worth mentioning

-Backstab does more damage
-True Shot (DH LB #2), Mighty Blow (Guard Hammer #2), Heartseeker, and Maul all do only roughly 10-25% less damage (still more than capable of hitting 15k. it’s also worth mentioning that ranger has a lot of buffs they could use to hit even higher numbers, and they also have a pet)
-Ignoring the burning application, gunflame does very similar damage, dazes in an aoe, and has 1500 range.
-eviscerate has much higher damage (1,100(3.0) vs 908(2.25). even a level 2 evsicerate does more, at 916(2.5))
-mesmer GS #4 can do comparable or more damage depending on positioning
-even gravedigger does more damage

of course, this isn’t including random traits and buffs, but honestly, if you were to include those, other classes like ranger and warrior would take even more of a lead.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Everyone should really watch his youtube video of dh carrying (posted on his signature), before commenting here. It speaks volumes about his actual skill level and experience.

Here’s the link, in case he decides to remove it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGRFVbvCnk

Skill clicker

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Full trap DH with poor self sustains and a Necro that darn near insta dies to… Symbols. I use a similar symbol build but these particular players are silver level

Ohmergawd Trev key bind your skills!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Full trap DH with poor self sustains and a Necro that darn near insta dies to… Symbols. I use a similar symbol build but these particular players are silver level

Haha, they are normally. I had entered that match with Scrapper configuration on my razer is what happened. It was easier at the time to just click the utilities.

But I certainly won’t be removing the video from my signature. It’s a good demonstration of survival and drawing 2 to far point. Don’t act like it’s not.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Biggest mistake Anet ever did to GW2 pvp? Introducing the thief class.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Biggest mistake Anet ever did to GW2 pvp? Introducing the thief class.

They would lose a rather big chunk of potential customers if they didn’t.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Itz Jay.8941

Itz Jay.8941

I’m using this exact build but with swapped weapons, I really cant see how you think it has poor self sustain. The trap heal is a no brainer its the shortest cd, gives a 9k heal and obviously you can drop it ready while it cools down. The only other trap is again a no brainer, short cooldown traited, hits like a truck under might and provides protection.

The next two skills both heal 2k each, short cooldowns one removing 2 conditions and granting fury, the next converts all conditions into boons which works in synergy when you can swap honor with virtues for more burst. No brainers, especially in team fights, we can remove all our teams conditions and give a 4k heal here and there. Traited wings with virtues gives even more condition removal, retaliation and stability with courage.

Sigils of strength and rune of strength again work in synergy with guard imo as you are gaining might on blocks and when traited through honor or virtues you are gaining even more might, this makes f3 a deadly weapon unto itself. I cant think of any other sigil I would swap for blood, it seems pretty effective as a leech.

So, in 1v1s other than engi and druid its unstoppable. I can easily take fights with an ele as I can use shield 5 and scepter 3 to knockback and immobilise to take control of the cap. Even against druid with clever movement and use of LoS I can control the cap or at least wait and hold if help is available. I rarely take on a 1v1 with an engi on any class, fighting a decent engi on his node is just a waste of time imo.