Is Warrior still Meta?

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

So while I only watched the NA ESL today, it seemed that in general, there were a lot less warriors around. In fact Crysis, arguably the most prominent player of the zerker build, was the only one I can remember off the top of my head. Was the rampage nerf really enough to make warrior a much less attractive choice?

On a sidenote, the overall number of mesmers seem down slightly, and people all run domination/dueling/chaos with no inspiration since the mantra nerf, so pretty much just PU. I also noticed slightly more medi guard and cele necro too compared to previous weeks. What do you guys think about this? Will the 5 classes thought to be “meta” stay the same, or do you think things will or have been changing?

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Yes, the rampage nerf was devastating for warriors because it’s like taking the trick away from a one trick pony. Outside of using Rampage, warriors have to work much harder to get anything done and so now they are much less appealing than most other professions in pvp. Granted, there are still SOME rampage warriors running around, but they’re much less useful than they were before.

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Yes, the rampage nerf was devastating for warriors because it’s like taking the trick away from a one trick pony. Outside of using Rampage, warriors have to work much harder to get anything done and so now they are much less appealing than most other professions in pvp. Granted, there are still SOME rampage warriors running around, but they’re much less useful than they were before.

Wrong, Rampage is the final nail in the coffin.

Warriors has always been terrible after the patch. Shouts got a nerf. Celestial got weaker, everyone else got way stronger. Rampage alone has been holding them up for all this time.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Wrong, Rampage is the final nail in the coffin.

Warriors has always been terrible after the patch. Shouts got a nerf. Celestial got weaker, everyone else got way stronger. Rampage alone has been holding them up for all this time.

That’s kind of exactly what I said lol. Warriors were a one-trick pony profession, using Rampage as their only trick, and after it got nerfed they had nothing left. There are still people trying to use it, but it doesn’t work like it used to anymore. Sort of like when turrets got nerfed and there were still people desperately trying to make it work until they finally realized their turrets weren’t capable of carrying them anymore.

The only problem with this nerf is that warriors have no other decent builds to fall back on now.

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Warrior currently does nothing better than any other class. Our support got nerfed for whatever reason, our DPS is only good if you allow a Quickness Whirlwind Attack or a Stun chain to hit you, and our condi also got nerfed in some ways directly and indirectly in other ways for some reason.

I posted both here and on the Warrior forums that once Rampage got nerfed we would fall to the sidelines.

We’re actually not bad duelers, the build in my sig can beat most builds…if I make no mistakes or my opponent screws up. I’ve tried a few Rifle builds but they’re so one trick it’s not even funny.

Rangers are also now learning how strong Beastmastery is with birds so I would say now Warriors are well and truly the weakest PvP class in the game again. What’s sad is that even in the old Hambow days Warrior was never as imbalanced as Mes/Ele currently are. In fact, that period of time was probably the most balanced meta we’ve had looking back.

What’s disappointing is that the Arms line got some really cool changes in the form of Signet Mastery and Blademaster reducing Sword CDs (making Savage Leap able to actually keep you in melee range). Even the new Furious has some interesting things going on. Someone put a lot of work in that line but then we got shafted most everywhere else.

Now, a BIG part of this is how OP Mes/Ele are currently. That mantra fix barely hurt Mes as it still feels like I’m getting stunned from stealth constantly. If not for the duration of the stealths I could probably fairly easily predictthe burst , if they used Decoy or Torch the burst will come at around 2 and a half seconds, much like D/P Teef but now everything lasts so long it can come at almost any time within a 6+ second window.

I love that Warriors are mechanically simple, but take careful use of highly telegraphed skills to be effective against good players. I want that to stay. However, we need more than easily played around Double Endure Pain that allows us to bring more than just Stances and not be made out of paper. Physical Skills are all but worthless, Shouts would still probably be bad even without the nerf because of how much CC Mes can dish out, Banners are too immobile and clunky.

If there’s a dev reading this, I would love to have a respectful conversation about where this class is heading. There was a point where Warrior had access to the most number of viable builds in the game, and now here we are. I’ve put too much effort into my Warrior to transfer my main to Guardian or Ranger that I don’t have all the gear/love invested in. I’m starting to wish I had gone Guardian from the start because the game would have been so much less of a bumpy ride. Better to be constantly decent instead of jumping back and forth from useless to great.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

No. Warrior is now in the same place as Ranger for the most part: completely outclassed in the support/bruiser role by Ele, completely outclassed in the burst role by Mesmer/Thief. I might go so far as to put Warrior below Ranger at this point

Ranger//Necro

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I’m pretty sure it’s all about a marketing strategy. Anet people know that most of the community are playing warrior,so they make warrior buttom tear and force us to buy the expansion to get access to the specialization.

@nearlight: If you consider crysis most prominent player of zerk warriors, then rest in peperonis

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

No offense to people who say “Warrior is nothing without rampage” but stop being ignorant L2P. The profession is working as intended, it punishes people who only plays easy mode weapon sets like GS and rewards people who knows how to be useful outside Rampage via stunlocking Mace MH/OH or timing Hammer skills better for example. Hell even GS isn’t so bad outside of rampage, people just want easy mode hambow and shoutbow to come back which is not a good way to balance the game.

The way Warrior works is that it survives by LANDING high casting times. People just refuse to learn how things work. Warrior’s role becomes way more flexible once you understand how certain weapon sets work such as Mace/Shield for example. If I go Mace/Shield Axe/Mace as an example, I can both stand on point and save cap and then tell my team mates to disengage as I save cap or I can choose to use my cool downs for kills and cleave because I LEARN TO LAND HIGH CASTING TIMES instead of complaining about the class or being ignorant about certain mechanics in the game. It isn’t simple a one trick pony, there is complexity within it’s so-called “simplicity.”

Here’s an example: http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6259903 a combo which can kill people with no rampage. I could even do this combo without bulls charge, np. http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6452625

How do you land this combo? Of course, learn to count dodges and learn to wait out defensive cool downs. Ofc it gets more complex vs. evade spam classes, but it CAN be done. Just need to know where the evade frame ends.

Also you can argue that “Oh this guy is using so many high cool downs.” But that is FAIR. High risk and high reward against good players. If I miss a zerker stance burst, then I should be punished. If I don’t bait out 2-3 dodges and a cool down when zerker stance is down, then I should be punished. The same principles should be applied to classes like Mesmer and Ele though. I think those two are just over the top atm.

My point is, Warrior right now is balanced. It rewards good players and bad players just should re-roll to easier specs like Guardian in general or D/D ele.

Like right now the only real problem is D/D ele. And blind spam doesn’t only screw Warrior, it screws other classes too. Once those gets toned down properly, Warrior won’t need anything, I promise. The worst thing that ANET could possibly do is make Warrior broken again by listening and spoonfeeding people who don’t ever want to L2P or are just flat out ignorant of the Warrior skill cap.

In fact if ANET wants to balance around based off effort? I’d say take notes around Warrior and Necro tbh. Hell even Thief and Engi is fine.

TL;DR Please do not make Warrior broken just because people are bad at landing high casting times and are ignorant of what Warrior can do.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

(edited by BlackTruth.6813)

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Landing your holy “high casting times” is not a l2p thing, it depends whether your oppenents are playing properly or not. Also your adored stunlock warrior is relativly useless and gets outshined in comparison with mesmers and co. You can’t rotate properly because you are even slower than a nec, you have high telegraphed animations and you don’t have any single usefull instant spike like a nec/guard/thief/mesmer can set up.

And your “examples” aren’t really relevant or meaningfull in any way. I can show you videos where people are killing stuff with bolas+frenzy+bullcharge. Neither this is a proof for a build beeing good nor it’s an indicator for beeing “viable”.
You’re always defending bad builds by saying it’s a l2p issue. But it’s not a l2p issue it’s a fact that those builds get outshined by the current viable zerk classes.

Deal with it.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

@BlackTruth.6813 Once again you’re posting selective clips against poor players that clearly had no stun breaks up atm. Also in the second clip “YOU LITERALLY USED RAMPAGE TO WIN!” If you hadn’t used it, you were dead. Your setup would also be laughably easy to kite because once you use Bull’s Charge you have no gap closer whatsoever.

I’ve run that setup and the novelty is fun but you’re even more of a one trick pony than even average War builds. You have no mobility, and once your combo is over you’re basically a sitting duck.

Just an angry old man…

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

runeblade.7514

No offense to people who say “Warrior is nothing without rampage” but stop being ignorant L2P. The profession is working as intended, it punishes people who only plays easy mode weapon sets like GS and rewards people who knows how to be useful outside Rampage via stunlocking Mace MH/OH or timing Hammer skills better for example. Hell even GS isn’t so bad outside of rampage, people just want easy mode hambow and shoutbow to come back which is not a good way to balance the game.

The way Warrior works is that it survives by LANDING high casting times. People just refuse to learn how things work. Warrior’s role becomes way more flexible once you understand how certain weapon sets work such as Mace/Shield for example. If I go Mace/Shield Axe/Mace as an example, I can both stand on point and save cap and then tell my team mates to disengage as I save cap or I can choose to use my cool downs for kills and cleave because I LEARN TO LAND HIGH CASTING TIMES instead of complaining about the class or being ignorant about certain mechanics in the game. It isn’t simple a one trick pony, there is complexity within it’s so-called “simplicity.”

Here’s an example: http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6259903 a combo which can kill people with no rampage. I could even do this combo without bulls charge, np. http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6452625

How do you land this combo? Of course, learn to count dodges and learn to wait out defensive cool downs. Ofc it gets more complex vs. evade spam classes, but it CAN be done. Just need to know where the evade frame ends.

Also you can argue that “Oh this guy is using so many high cool downs.” But that is FAIR. High risk and high reward against good players. If I miss a zerker stance burst, then I should be punished. If I don’t bait out 2-3 dodges and a cool down when zerker stance is down, then I should be punished. The same principles should be applied to classes like Mesmer and Ele though. I think those two are just over the top atm.

My point is, Warrior right now is balanced. It rewards good players and bad players just should re-roll to easier specs like Guardian in general or D/D ele.

Like right now the only real problem is D/D ele. And blind spam doesn’t only screw Warrior, it screws other classes too. Once those gets toned down properly, Warrior won’t need anything, I promise. The worst thing that ANET could possibly do is make Warrior broken again by listening and spoonfeeding people who don’t ever want to L2P or are just flat out ignorant of the Warrior skill cap.

In fact if ANET wants to balance around based off effort? I’d say take notes around Warrior and Necro tbh. Hell even Thief and Engi is fine.

TL;DR Please do not make Warrior broken just because people are bad at landing high casting times and are ignorant of what Warrior can do.

There is no way that build can do anything to mesmer, ele, or any other classes played by a competent player. That build looks extremely easy to kite and kill.

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

ArenaNet doesn’t want Warrior to be viable anymore in sPvP, so it’s not viable anymore in sPvP; that’s the only way I can interpret this. If they wanted Warrior to be viable in sPvP, Vigorous Shouts would be healing for more baseline (read: 2000) and scale less with Healing Power (read: 50% or less), “To the Limit!” would have a faster cast and would interact with Superior Rune of the Soldier properly, and they would’ve introduced an amulet with the following attribute-combination: Power/Healing Power/Condition Damage.

With such changes, Warrior could act as a Bruiser with the new amulet, as a Bunker with the Settler amulet, or even as DPS with the Marauder amulet for PvP viability. Strengthening Vigorous Shouts baseline would open up so much for Warrior as a strong team-fighter fulfilling different roles depending on how you spec it. Stances just don’t put in enough work with their given recharges.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

BlackTruth.6813

The people who want Warriors to get buffed think Hambow or Shoutbow happening was the right way to go. The answer is.. it wasn’t. It was just D/D ele in a different form. It is UNHEALTHY for the game because classes that can have high sustain AND can deal damage (much like D/D ele right now) is anti-fun. At this point, I don’t really agree with instant cast skull crack anymore either. The HIGH CASTING TIMES and the ATTACK TO SURVIVE mentality is what defines Warrior.

You people want a REAL buff that’s balanced in practice? Listen to me right now.

Signet of Might (60 or 75 second cd) – Ignore/Strip protection and block for 6 seconds
Signet of Fury (150 second cd) – For your next attack, ignore evades. OR For your next attack, your next CC skill does not allow your opponent to break out of stun for the next 5 seconds. Either is fine.

Doesn’t have to be the same exact numbers, but keep the concepts in tact.

You know what I tried to do there? I tried to make ARMS viable. Why are these balanced in practice? First, Warriors have HIGH CASTING TIMES and their attack range isn’t that GREAT. You are simply not a good player if you’re saying the high casting times and short range is hard to deal with. Second, now you lose out a defensive cool down and is MORE PUNISHABLE and then being rewarded EVEN MORE for being good at ATTACKING, which should be the class defining mechanic. And if I take ARMS for the signet cool down, then I lose out on STR or DEF or DISC.

THATS how you balance out Warrior. You make HARSH trade-offs. You don’t give it instant cast skull crack back, you don’t give it Hambow or Shoutbow back. You make people WANT TO GET GOOD AT ATTACKING and landing high casting times.

Key word is HARSH TRADE-OFFS and I hope ANET could apply the same principles to other classes in the near future.

Sorry people, some builds just shouldn’t be viable or it will just be anti-fun to go against. It was never fun to fight hambow or shoutbow. That being said, things such as D/D ele isn’t fun to go against either or BS such as Mesmer even after the nerf (Mes is still cancer cause evading while attacking is just an anti-fun mechanic).

TL;DR If you want to buff a class, you don’t SPOONFEED people in a way that bad players can face-roll with it.

EDIT: When I say spamming defense while attacking, I meant sustaining while being able to do stupid amounts of damage. I’m not including Signet of Stone or Endure Pain because those have actual counterplay.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Rampage DID deserve a nerf, although, as I stated a lot of times before, warriors should have been buffed to compensate.
They used to rely too much on Rampage, and now that it’s been nerfed, there are fewer warriors around because the class simply can’t stand in the current meta.

At least I’m happy there aren’t no-brain rampage-warriors anymore.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

runeblade.7514

You people want a REAL buff that’s balanced in practice? Listen to me right now.

Signet of Might (60 or 75 second cd) – Ignore/Strip protection and block for 6 seconds
Signet of Fury (150 second cd) – For your next attack, ignore evades. OR For your next attack, your next CC skill does not allow your opponent to break out of stun for the next 5 seconds. Either is fine.

Lol. I like how you increased the cooldown of each signet more than normal elites and call it a buff.

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

How can an Ele be easier than a Warrior??? Warrior is the easiest spec in the game for me, while Elementalist is disgustingly complicated and requieres 20 fingers to be really effective. Ele might perform better than warr, but requieres much more skilled player.

I play LB + Sw/Sw Celestial and i’m just fine and playsyle is very mobile and easy, ok dmg, ok survivability, can’t be kited.

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

How can an Ele be easier than a Warrior??? Warrior is the easiest spec in the game for me, while Elementalist is disgustingly complicated and requieres 20 fingers to be really effective. Ele might perform better than warr, but requieres much more skilled player.

I play LB + Sw/Sw Celestial and i’m just fine and playsyle is very mobile and easy, ok dmg, ok survivability, can’t be kited.

If spamming 20 buttons is considered skill, then yes ele is not easier than warrior.
If reading the fight, timing the skills, dont follow a set rotation but try to improvise to confuse the opponent and get him off guard, considering movement capability more important to keystroke, and if we consider risk compared to reward, if we consider skill all the things i mentioned here, then ele is easier than warrior.

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

The people who want Warriors to get buffed think Hambow or Shoutbow happening was the right way to go. The answer is.. it wasn’t. It was just D/D ele in a different form. It is UNHEALTHY for the game because classes that can have high sustain AND can deal damage (much like D/D ele right now) is anti-fun. At this point, I don’t really agree with instant cast skull crack anymore either. The HIGH CASTING TIMES and the ATTACK TO SURVIVE mentality is what defines Warrior.

ROFL this guys even play warrior?.

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

ROFL this guys even play warrior?.

He’s got a even worse reputation than I do on the Warrior Forums.

All he wants to do is make Warriors a one-combo pony that bursts one person down then dies. Which interestingly enough is how Warriors were in GW2 at launch.

Just an angry old man…

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Signet of Fury (150 second cd) – For your next attack, ignore evades. OR For your next attack, your next CC skill does not allow your opponent to break out of stun for the next 5 seconds.

LOL talk about a bad way to buff a class and horrible mechanics

Ranger//Necro

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

BlackTruth.6813

Also I want to point one more thing out.

People actually think “Mesmer” and “Ele” are “high skill cap” when those classes are just flat out forgiving compared to Warrior at top play.

-How is instant casting while spamming evades hard mode?
-How is ANYTHING guardian does high skill cap when all a DPS guard for example does is, auto-attack > focus block > auto-attack > blind > auto-attack > focus blind > Heal > auto-attack > invuln? NOTHING is complex about Guardian mechanics. None of their defenses need to be “timed” and even if you time their defense, it takes no skill because IT IS INSTANT CAST. You can argue the same for endure pain and berserker stance, sure. But at least Warrior DOESN’T HAVE EASY DAMAGE APPLICATION which balances this mechanic out. Blind and block spam effectively counts as dodge while attacking. Yet some people in this thread think “Oh that is so high skill cap just because it’s instant cast and you can cast it while doing easy to land damage.”
-I’m not even gonna explain D/D ele. “High skill cap” yeah sure it is somewhat but easy to reach, but you CANNOT deny that it is anti-fun. Under what circumstances is being able to sustain while doing so much damage is fun to fight against? Reliable damage and reliable tankiness is anti-fun, there is NO ARGUMENT. And that’s what d/d ele does, it isn’t “healthy high skill cap.”
-Don’t get me started on Mesmer. I’m in the mood to describe what “AI” while spamming evades (plus stealth) and having ridiculous burst equal to.

DO NOT confuse easy privileged mechanics for “high skill cap.” Those mechanics are what ANET needs to be extremely careful with and I wish they could take notes from Warrior or Necro at it’s current state.

You want “High skill cap that is good in design,” then look at Chain CC Warrior combos please.

Like I wish people would just understand that “recreating hambow or shoutbow” or “re-living D/D ele or Mesmer on another profession” is just not a good suggestion or buffing classes and making them as “easy as d/d ele or mesmer because they’re so high skill cap” is WRONG. It’s time for REAL BALANCING to happen people.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

runeblade.7514

Also I want to point one more thing out.

People actually think “Mesmer” and “Ele” are “high skill cap” when those classes are just flat out forgiving compared to Warrior at top play.

-How is instant casting while spamming evades hard mode?
-How is ANYTHING guardian does high skill cap when all a DPS guard for example does is, auto-attack > focus block > auto-attack > blind > auto-attack > focus blind > Heal > auto-attack > invuln? NOTHING is complex about Guardian mechanics. None of their defenses need to be “timed” and even if you time their defense, it takes no skill because IT IS INSTANT CAST. You can argue the same for endure pain and berserker stance, sure. But at least Warrior DOESN’T HAVE EASY DAMAGE APPLICATION which balances this mechanic out. Blind and block spam effectively counts as dodge while attacking. Yet some people in this thread think “Oh that is so high skill cap just because it’s instant cast and you can cast it while doing easy to land damage.”
-I’m not even gonna explain D/D ele. “High skill cap” yeah sure it is somewhat but easy to reach, but you CANNOT deny that it is cancer and anti-fun. Under what circumstances is being able to sustain while doing so much damage is fun to fight against? Reliable damage and reliable tankiness is anti-fun, there is NO ARGUMENT. And that’s what d/d ele does, it isn’t “healthy high skill cap.”
-Don’t get me started on Mesmer. I’m in the mood to describe what “AI” while spamming evades (plus stealth) and having ridiculous burst equal to.

DO NOT confuse easy privileged mechanics for “high skill cap.” Those mechanics are what ANET needs to be extremely careful with and I wish they could take notes from Warrior or Necro at it’s current state.

You want “High skill cap that is good in design,” then look at Chain CC Warrior combos please.

Like I wish people would just understand that “recreating hambow or shoutbow” or “re-living D/D ele or Mesmer on another profession” is just not a good suggestion or buffing classes and making them as “easy as d/d ele or mesmer because they’re so high skill cap” is WRONG. It’s time for REAL BALANCING to happen people.

Real balancing is when Hambow, shoutbow and your Chain CC warrior all works in PvP. It is when celestial, Bunker, burst, support, condi, cc, etc, whatever all works.

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Inflames.8026

Inflames.8026

Rampage got nerfed, one trick pony scrubs refuse to play the class. /slowclap.

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Harkan.9017

Harkan.9017

Despite everyone hating on Blacktruth, he brings up many valid points even if he sounds arrogant. I’m not even sure why some of you think Blacktruth is just flat out wrong either. As someone who has been loyal to Warrior since day 1, I’ve also been frustrated with Warriors lately but the reason isn’t solely because the class itself is in a terrible state. I’d even say Warriors are in a good place mechanic wise but would like to see some areas buffed. However once we start comparing Warriors to other classes, we begin to see Warriors being lackluster. That’s because other classes have ridiculous gimmicks/trait combinations that often put them above what Warriors can do in nearly every specific role. DD eles have ridiculous combat sustain and support, current Mesmers CC and deal high damage like Warriors but safer and forgiving, Thieves have higher mobility and instant spike damage, and other condi specs apply higher pressure and safer than condi Warrior.

Currently certain classes are able to abuse the kitten out of instant cast skills and spammable active defenses while dishing out high damage. IMO, Warrior is the epitome of what GW2 PvP should be: obvious animations on powerful skills and players being properly punished/rewarded for missing/landing crucial skills. Instead we have classes that can toss out insta-cast CC/damage whenever they kitten feel like it cuz the only thing that counters this is through unreliable prediction. So until Anet tones down and actually balances classes around cast times and risk/reward, Warriors will continue to be lackluster. And please don’t give Warriors a Berserker Stance-like skill again just to bring them up to par …

Is Warrior still Meta?

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

Warrior will work against other classes if played correctly, and even against condi if played correctly

You won’t have counterplay to competent ele’s because the sustain is too high, the burns are too strong, you don’t have a teleport, and post of the warrior skills you can literally walk out of without getting hit…

Why the other classes playing Mar/Zerk are better, here’s a list
- 5 Classes can teleport, Necro, Thief, Mesmer, Ele, Guardian
- 4 Classes can stealth, Mesmer, Thief, Engineer, Ranger
- I’m pretty sure every single class can blind, besides GS/Ham warrior..
- Some elites are stronger on other classes, seeing as you can outlast the 10s rampage now by kiting and LOS’ing

People argue that warrior, ranger are easy to play; however, this is wrong.
To be effective on both classes you have to deal with a lot of pressure, you have to deal with a lot of blinds, you end up having to climb kitten or find faster paths to chase down all the classes that can teleport and reset at 25% health, Ranger deals with more pressure than warrior generally, but team fights for warriors right now with the ‘metabuild’ are very tragic, 2 d/d eles you’re blind most of the fight, a cele necro, you’ve got 8s till your blasted with condis, we get to run away thanks to a couple traits, but really… running away how helpful is that towards the team?

The counterplay to ranger and warrior is quiet easy, Warrior has very telegraphed skills, along with Ranger, Ranger has 1 less invuln and is squishier

So yeah I guess we can just hit one button and see the numbers go up, if we’re facing monsters in pve… but we’re not.

Dusty Dawg