Is anyone happy at this point

in PvP

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

Or do you just feel like the devs are out of touch with the game and its problems

in PvP

Posted by: Hanzo.9624

Hanzo.9624

I’m happy with it. If I wasn’t, I wouldn’t play it, or read the forums. Isn’t that how these things work?

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

No, i’m not happy.

Any half decent PvP player should not be happy, otherwise he thinks too much of himself.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

I have t played the new patch yet, but I’m pretty happy from what I read on the patch notes.

Leaderboards are turned on and will be visible in a week or so. Custom servers are just around the corner and by extension so is spectator mode.

Quickness got nerfed, but I still advocate its complete removal from the game and now I can get a laurel from PvP dailies and monthlies to spend on dyes.

Plus I can see my PvP gear at the login screen.

What’s not to like? Keep it up Devs.

Few more maps and a split que for tournaments and this game is going to get much better.

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

its “in the right direction” but god its sooo slow. nerf haste is good, but doesn’t mean that’s all the game needs. stealth nerf good too. we need bi-monthly updates and seperation from PVE. but PVE is holding pvp back

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

No, i’m not happy.

Any half decent PvP player should not be happy, otherwise he thinks too much of himself.

What you’re saying makes me think you think too much of yourself too.
Yes I’m happy, I’m happy with the overall delivery of the patch: leaderboards, preparation for custom arenas, tweeks to 4v5 situations in tournaments (although matchmaking still needs work).
I understand warrior players are worried but I’m sure devs will be making changes to bring back warriors and appease warrior players asap, revamping the quickness debuffs/buffs, aswell as toning down bunkering.

(edited by ahuba.6430)

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I like the patch; however, I am still just waiting for a proper solo queue. I ran 4 games today, won 3 of them in fun, competitive matches and then the 4th was up against a premade and we lost 500-200.

• I like the laurel change
  • Leaderboards are pointless to me (a solo only player) because I’m lumped in with whole teams
  • I’m fine with the quickness nerf as long as they buff the abilities that relied on it
feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Rump Buffalo.2594

I have t played the new patch yet, but I’m pretty happy from what I read on the patch notes.

Leaderboards are turned on and will be visible in a week or so. Custom servers are just around the corner and by extension so is spectator mode.

Quickness got nerfed, but I still advocate its complete removal from the game and now I can get a laurel from PvP dailies and monthlies to spend on dyes.

Few more maps and a split que for tournaments and this game is going to get much better.

What’s not to like is the agonizingly slow pace at which anything is implemented, the terrible imbalanced state of the game, the classes still riddled with useless traits, weapons, and builds, and not to mention bugs.

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

yeah all these changes should have come 2 months ago, at the latest. when i watch sotg people like jon sharp and peters know wut their talking about that seem like decent PVP players, but i really think the company is not giving these guys the development resources they need tomake a great pvp game.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

What’s not to like is the agonizingly slow pace at which anything is implemented, the terrible imbalanced state of the game, the classes still riddled with useless traits, weapons, and builds, and not to mention bugs.

To be fair, the question was if I was happy with today’s patch, not the game in general. Today’s patch addresses alot of talked about issues. Quickness, reveal timer, lack of leaderboards, 4v5 is the tournaments etc. this patch fixes some of these things but yes, it is 6 months if not longer overdue. Late is better than never though.

Horribly imbalanced state of the game? Meh, balance is relatively fine and even more so with the haste, stealth and no auto attack from steal change.

Features and stability will make or break GW2. Good to see them working on more features. Bring on custom servers and spectator mode.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

I like the patch; however, I am still just waiting for a proper solo queue. I ran 4 games today, won 3 of them in fun, competitive matches and then the 4th was up against a premade and we lost 500-200.

• Leaderboards are pointless to me (a solo only player) because I’m lumped in with whole teams
  • I’m fine with the quickness nerf as long as they buff the abilities that relied on it

I also play solo alot and leaderboards are very important to me. If the population gains a bit and the solo/team que is split, leaderboards will be the single most important thing about GW2. Ranking progression beats any other progression and that’s the exact reason games like MOBA’s etc are popular, the solo progression.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I also play solo alot and leaderboards are very important to me. If the population gains a bit and the solo/team que is split, leaderboards will be the single most important thing about GW2. Ranking progression beats any other progression and that’s the exact reason games like MOBA’s etc are popular, the solo progression.

Based on what I read and how I interpret the leaderboards, it will be a website with the top X (starting at top 100 players) listed. You can filter the top 100 in achievements, PvP ranking and WvW ranking. Let’s say they eventually end up getting it to top 500. In a popular game (which clearly SPvP is not) you would really never break the top 500 as a solo-only player, because there will be almost all players that are team players ahead of you.

I could be misunderstanding the way this will work, but if this is how it will work, solo queuers will be left off completely.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Rump Buffalo.2594

To be fair, the question was if I was happy with today’s patch, not the game in general. Today’s patch addresses alot of talked about issues. Quickness, reveal timer, lack of leaderboards, 4v5 is the tournaments etc. this patch fixes some of these things but yes, it is 6 months if not longer overdue. Late is better than never though.

Horribly imbalanced state of the game? Meh, balance is relatively fine and even more so with the haste, stealth and no auto attack from steal change.

Features and stability will make or break GW2. Good to see them working on more features. Bring on custom servers and spectator mode.

No the question was is anyone happy at this point (meaning after everything)

in PvP

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

Being completely honest, i’m far from a pvp player, r23 and done about 50ish tournaments. Had only gotten into spvp tournaments about 2 weeks ago and doing anymore of it seems completely pointless.

My main issue is the balancing, or lack there of, to me some of the profs are clearly op (we all know which one) and then you see things like a banner buff its kinda like … really?

Anyways, the only reason i see myself going to HoTM is to get to LA until they do some serious work. Which sucks cause it was great fun.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Based on what I read and how I interpret the leaderboards, it will be a website with the top X (starting at top 100 players) listed. You can filter the top 100 in achievements, PvP ranking and WvW ranking. Let’s say they eventually end up getting it to top 500. In a popular game (which clearly SPvP is not) you would really never break the top 500 as a solo-only player, because there will be almost all players that are team players ahead of you.

I could be misunderstanding the way this will work, but if this is how it will work, solo queuers will be left off completely.

That’s my understanding of its initial release, but hopefully a seperated ladder comes in the future for solo and team players.

Even still, if matchmaking works appropriately and the population becomes big enough to pit solo v solo players of Equal MMR into tournaments, there’s no reason that thier ratings won’t climb as high as team players.

That’s best case scenario though.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

No the question was is anyone happy at this point (meaning after everything)

My mistake. The other thread going says happy with patch. I feel my points still stand though.

in PvP

Rump Buffalo.2594

I guess this is just how patching is going to be forever. O well time to move on

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I’m getting too old for this back and forth.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: digitalghost.7891

digitalghost.7891

Plus I can see my PvP gear at the login screen. .

this is my favorite change. its little but it makes it more fun to log in and see awesome pvp gear instead of low level pve gear