Is class swapping allowed?

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Q:

If you reroll to a different class in ranked do you still lose MMR? Do you lose pips? (not losing pips does not mean you don’t lose MMR)

I ask this because with the old leaderboard you used to get a loss if you rerolled (to prevent messing up solo class based MMR).

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

You are allowed to switch the profession as long as your relog process happening either during the ready-up phase or does not take longer than 2 minutes during a match.

It does not effect your pips.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Is there still personal class-based MMR?

in PvP

Teutos.8620

Is there still personal class-based MMR?

It exists, but I don’t know how much of it is currently part of the match making process. (I’d guess with 12.5% and the rest account based).

Would be interesting to know which profession MMR would get adjusted after you switched the profession in the preparation-phase. Probably the one from the profession you finished the match with (Abuse potential? Maybe adjusting the MMR from every profession involved?).

in PvP

Teutos.8620

Update from reddit:

Grouch

Just texted Evan about the profession MMR. It is indeed disabled, so profession swapping has no effect on your matches. I’d chalk this one up to correlation =/= causation. I do agree with you about the wiki though – I’ll see if we can get it updated.

Grouch

I verified with him today that it is not. You might be referencing his recent reddit post where he stated that profession MMR is tracked per arena, which is accurate. We still track profession MMR for everyone, but we do not currently use it for the purposes of matchmaking due to some of the reasons the OP described.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Thanks for confirming that if we want informations from Anet we should go on reddit, not on the official forums.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Ostrich Eggs would know the answer to this question for sure.

Countless