Is duo Q healthy for the game?

in PvP

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Is it to much different than a 3 man team? Might as well make it a pure solo Q cause this half measure still benefits people that pair up.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

i think duo q is fine, it is meant to be a social game and duo q actually allows for some build flexibity since you can duo q as a support class and dps class. If its pure solo you will need to Q as kind of an all rounder build because you cant be sure who you will get teamed with.

For eg i believe you play rev a lot. You can q with an Ele or Druid to help support you. Whereas i would not want to solo q as a rev (at least with my barely average skill level)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Duo was a bad idea.

I had a friend do his 10 games last night and there was a thief-DH combo that he ran into 3 times. He was playing thief and couldnt beat the other thief so he tried to do other things.

Side note- a player named Captain G***** was whispering him and giving him grief all game. Dude your a douch hope you see this.

But he couldnt get away with any thing because if the guardian saw him he would clearly tell his thief team mate.

Also I went to tokers stream to see his hes playing thief since my friend was looking to improve. (he wasnt) But you could tell he didnt like it either. He had a loss were the other team had 2 duo ques and his team was all solo ques.

It either a team game or not. Anet and this community are all over the place with this. If you want it to be a social game make it open 5 vs 5 and ask for better match making.

Or make it solo que.

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Yeah I’m gonna have to agree with Spartacus on this, pure solo will pigeonhole smart players into even more glassy or bunkery builds, because you have to either hold a point or kill as a solo player. No more support professions because you can’t trust your teammates. It would result in even more power DH, more thieves, zerker warriors, and then the most boring of bunker druids, engis, and eles. No space for rev and necro, mesmer would be underutilized because pugs can’t use portal correctly and it’s otherwise outclassed in its role by thief.

Duo is the best balance because it allows you to team with only one friend, you no longer need to be in a guild or be highly social (like me) and make a ton of friends. In this season I have way too many people trying to queue with me because I worked really hard to build up a larger network, now I don’t have to. But I can still have build flexibility, I don’t have to play D/P thief every match.

Idk if what I’m about to say is a good fix, but maybe requiring everyone to duo and either:

1. make the game 6v6 or
  2. keep it 5v5 and split one duo (meaning 2 duos on each side and then splitting the 5th duo between the two teams) would work to make things more fair.

Anyways yeah duos give you a competitive advantage but it’s not like 5-man vs pugs. And the build flexibility and better strategies between duos makes the game more exciting imo rather than less.

in PvP

Posted by: TheMountain.6204

TheMountain.6204

Duo is good for the social aspect but, lets be honest here.. it’s unfair to those of us who only single queue.

I don’t get overly upset about it since I have seen plenty of duo queues that aren’t good and help give my team an easy win but when we play good duos it becomes very obvious. Especially when they are able to communicate on voice chat. That ability to instantly communicate without stopping to type is a HUGE advantage.

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

I don’t agree that it’s unfair, because anyone can do it. I’ve added and paired with 3 new friends since Monday because I just complimented their play and then invited then to play with me. Hell, I’ll duo with you if you want, I’m Gold 1 right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I also think it should be pure solo queue in ranked.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

i think Duo is fine. It really isn’t that hard at all to find ONE other person to duo with.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I don’t agree that it’s unfair, because anyone can do it. I’ve added and paired with 3 new friends since Monday because I just complimented their play and then invited then to play with me. Hell, I’ll duo with you if you want, I’m Gold 1 right now.

If its not unfair because anyone can do it, cant the same thing be said about 5 man premades?

Also from a fair competitive aspect it is unfair just like 5 man premades were.

Also it cheats out alot of players who are solo queing for Leader Board perspective. You cant have 2-3 players make the top 10 when they duo que with players sitting 12,13,14,15 who only solo que lose out on titles because they didnt run with there other OP friend who they could of done everything with from 2 player team comp and rotations.

5 man ques or solo ques.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

i think Duo is fine. It really isn’t that hard at all to find ONE other person to duo with.

You could say the same thing about 2-3 people. How hard is it to find 2 friends to play with?

Also yes it is unfair, we werent even in voice chat.

Attachments:

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

You could say the same thing about 2-3 people. How hard is it to find 2 friends to play with?

Its exponentially harder to get 3 or 4 or 5 in a team. That’s the whole point of pvp guilds and then getting 4 other people who want to team with you. Its much much much easier to find one person who is willing to team up with you.

For example i actually don’t play that much (usually weekends only) and as such i cant commit to a full 5 man team. But when i login i solo q or if i have a few friends online in my list i can usually whisper one to see if they want to duo a couple matches. Get them done and logoff.

Waaaaaay easier than 4 or 5 man or even 3 (well 3 is not too hard )

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

If its not unfair because anyone can do it, cant the same thing be said about 5 man premades?

Also it cheats out alot of players who are solo queing for Leader Board perspective. You cant have 2-3 players make the top 10 when they duo que with players sitting 12,13,14,15 who only solo que lose out on titles because they didnt run with there other OP friend who they could of done everything with from 2 player team comp and rotations.

5 man ques or solo ques.

No, certainly not everyone can find/make a 5-man. Do you know how hard that is? Finding 4 other quality players, all playing at the same time, is very very difficult unless you already have plenty of name recognition like Helseth. Takes more time searching for people than you’ll spend playing.

But to find one person is easy. Play a match, keep your eyes open, and then message the 1-2 good people after the match. Most people are friendly to me, I feel certain they’ll be the same towards you. Making a 5-man, especially a consistent 5-man, requires hours of maintenance every day. Finding a good duo partner for a few games is simple, you just have to reach out to people.

As for people who want to get the top spot on the leaderboard but also handicap themselves by playing solo: what did they expect? That’s a bad decision. I’m not making a moral argument here, just noting that when you’re given the opportunity to gain an easy competitive advantage and you throw it away, should you be rewarded by having teamplay taken away from everyone who enjoys it? Even Sindrener, who is currently #1 or #2 in EU, is duoing, and he did that during the offseason because he wanted to, not because he had to. Teamplay is and has always been a huge part of the game, including ranked. You haven’t said anything in relation to what I said about build diversity in a pure solo queue and I wonder if that’s because you haven’t really thought through how strategy goes down the toilet without teamplay.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

This was my method in all previous 4 seasons. I started match solo and after a couple matches i ended up in a duo or trio just from asking people i met in game. By end of season i had a decent friend list of players that i could count on to duo or even trio on.

Bear in mind my guildies and i found that the MM appeared to penalize you more as trio than it did as a duo (inflating mmr when finding enemies) so we felt that it was better to duo or go 4/5 man. trio was not optimal. Maybe it was just our perception but whatever. haha

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

5 man ques or solo ques.

No, certainly not everyone can find/make a 5-man. Do you know how hard that is? Finding 4 other quality players, all playing at the same time, is very very difficult unless you already have plenty of name recognition like Helseth. Takes more time searching for people than you’ll spend playing.

But to find one person is easy. Play a match, keep your eyes open, and then message the 1-2 good people after the match. Most people are friendly to me, I feel certain they’ll be the same towards you. Making a 5-man, especially a consistent 5-man, requires hours of maintenance every day. Finding a good duo partner for a few games is simple, you just have to reach out to people.

As for people who want to get the top spot on the leaderboard but also handicap themselves by playing solo: what did they expect? That’s a bad decision. I’m not making a moral argument here, just noting that when you’re given the opportunity to gain an easy competitive advantage and you throw it away, should you be rewarded by having teamplay taken away from everyone who enjoys it? Even Sindrener, who is currently #1 or #2 in EU, is duoing, and he did that during the offseason because he wanted to, not because he had to. Teamplay is and has always been a huge part of the game, including ranked. You haven’t said anything in relation to what I said about build diversity in a pure solo queue and I wonder if that’s because you haven’t really thought through how strategy goes down the toilet without teamplay.

I solo que 95% of the first 3 seasons and i did it as a support character. People are gonna play certain roles because they like it. There is a thread about a bunker guard being viable. People are playing different roles.

Also this is the burst meta, i assume with the solo que changes that instead of playing zerk amulet for the ESL players. They simply switched the marauder and so forth.

People are gonna play what they are comfortable with and what they think gives them the best chance to win. I had someone ask to party with me because they thought i was a good support ele which was the person in the picture above.

People notice other players. Like ohh such and such is a bunker do not target that necro, such and such is a glass ele target them.

Also with the lack of build diversity in PvP you are not gonna see crazy builds in the gold-platinum-legendary that are ineffective.

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Its exponentially harder to get 3 or 4 or 5 in a team. That’s the whole point of pvp guilds and then getting 4 other people who want to team with you. Its much much much easier to find one person who is willing to team up with you.

For example i actually don’t play that much (usually weekends only) and as such i cant commit to a full 5 man team. But when i login i solo q or if i have a few friends online in my list i can usually whisper one to see if they want to duo a couple matches. Get them done and logoff.

This is my screen shot from previous season with my guild team mates.

We did it for guild rewards like the trophys for the guild toilets cough sorry i mean halls.

The best part of a team game is coming up with team builds. We dont have that anymore. Having a 2 man comp doesnt allow for a unique team comp.

We as a 3 man team/4 man team were able to destroy certain teams not ready for the crazy trick we had. Yet other teams figured us out quick and we would get crushed.

We now have a league where we want it fair as possible and you guys are arguing from a social perspective and the fairness of 5 mans when you didnt need 5 mans to be effective.

Attachments:

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Aren’t you just arguing in our favor by saying with your 3 man team using specific builds (and presumably voice comms) you were able to ROFLSTOMP full solo queuers (your first pic)

Thanks for confirming our point.

And if you were able to completely dominate as 3 man shouldn’t you be at least pretty effective as 2 man?

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

I think duo, trio, quadro or even penta queues are fine.

Just because I don’t have any friends to play with myself doesn’t mean I want to rob others of the fun of doing that. If the population was large enough to not pair tris up with singles and so on that’d be cool but I understand if that’s not possible.

As long as I don’t have to face premade after premade then go nuts with it rly. I’d play a premade myself if I could too.

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

This is my screen shot from previous season with my guild team mates.

We did it for guild rewards like the trophys for the guild toilets cough sorry i mean halls.

The best part of a team game is coming up with team builds. We dont have that anymore. Having a 2 man comp doesnt allow for a unique team comp.

We as a 3 man team/4 man team were able to destroy certain teams not ready for the crazy trick we had. Yet other teams figured us out quick and we would get crushed.

We now have a league where we want it fair as possible and you guys are arguing from a social perspective and the fairness of 5 mans when you didnt need 5 mans to be effective.

I like a lot of things about playing on a team, the builds are just a part of it. I like the social aspect, voice chat is more fun than text chat. And of course the game mode which benefits organized teams is more fun when you’ve got an organized team.

Duos do prevent more complex team builds and tactics, but it means you have a reliable partner and you can mix support and DPS instead of getting a wacky and imbalanced team. Also thank you for sharing those pictures, I now know of your strong affinity for turtles.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Aren’t you just arguing in our favor by saying with your 3 man team using specific builds (and presumably voice comms) you were able to ROFLSTOMP full solo queuers (your first pic)

Thanks for confirming our point.

And if you were able to completely dominate as 3 man shouldn’t you be at least pretty effective as 2 man?

Nope.

First S1- we went like 15-9. Season 2 we went 12-7 then and S3/4 we were either 1-2 or 2-1 since the guild rewards are jacked up just like the placement matches are now.

Good players figured us out after the 1st or 2nd fight. For instance once we ran a full trap DH with a Full trap condi ranger and had a mesmer to pull them into the traps.

In the picture above we had a ele shouts, a druid and that druid ran the + dmg on heals and our warrior ran full zerker with rampage. Strength-discipline-zerk and all we did was keep him alive. Once again if the other team knew this was the plan a moa from a engy or mesmer would come out on the rampage crushing our comp.

This whole talk is about fairness. If you are saying that team ques are unfair then duo ques are too. Currently your trying to grab 1 other great player so you guys can run threw people. There is no design set up. Like in a previous comment you talked about one playing ranger with a rev or a ele with a DH etc etc.

You said “i think duo q is fine, it is meant to be a social game and duo q actually allows for some build flexibity” which is incorrect. It allows good players to team mate and gain a certain advantage.

You say its a social game but currently played it is not. We had people ask to join our guild simply because we would let them play any class and we said we can come up with you for your play style. Even though we failed alot we came up with some fun stuff. Your not getting that from DUO que.

Like i said, if it was unfair for 3+ premades then its unfair for 2’s to be fighting 1’s.

Even in your comment to husky boy you said you found people to play with. The problem was not finding people to play with, the problem has been build diversity, match making, the community and the League system.

We have now changed the League into a leader board system where titles (prestige) is the most important factor and by doing so you should make it fair as possible which would be solo que. If you want it to be social make it a team game again.

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

duo que has been a staple in many online games mobas and mmos alike and it has proved that it works i find it a great adition to solo que and its not unfair or bad because everyone can do it

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

MMOs are a social game. Duo queuing is really fun and should be allowed. This is how alot of games work. You can duo or solo queue.

Removing duo queue would be counter productive.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

.This whole talk is about fairness. If you are saying that team ques are unfair then duo ques are too. Currently your trying to grab 1 other great player so you guys can run threw people. There is no design set up. Like in a previous comment you talked about one playing ranger with a rev or a ele with a DH etc etc.

You say its a social game but currently played it is not. We had people ask to join our guild simply because we would let them play any class and we said we can come up with you for your play style. Even though we failed alot we came up with some fun stuff. Your not getting that from DUO que.

I guess there are a few points where we won’t be able to agree. I agree that in a situation (match) where someone has superior resources (duo partner) it seems unfair. But if you’ve had the same ability to gain those resources, and chosen not to, I think the situation (balance of the match) ceases to be unfair. You’ve compared your experience of picking up randoms and saying “hey do whatever weird thing you want” against my and many others’ experience of watching in matches for the good players, inviting them, discussing our builds and strategies, then playing. That’s not the same layer of strategy as in a larger group, but I still find it engaging and worthwhile. We might not be doing wacky team plays but we’re certainly experimenting and collaborating.

Finding a good duo partner will take a few games for a few nights, but anybody who’s posting on here would be playing games (and therefore would have the opportunity to find good players). So it isn’t a case of superior resources, therefore I don’t see it as unfair. Playing solo is choosing a disadvantage, not being forced into it.

As to your statement about it not being social, I think we must be working from a different definition of social. The people I’m duoing with, I’ve been playing with most of them since S4. We’re not necessarily BFFs but I generally like them, jump on voice chat and occasionally talk about interesting and fun things other than builds. Perhaps you don’t, but many of us do. In having a team game and rewarding people for communicating and/or using voice chat, the usage of communication and voice chat will necessarily increase. Making the game solo queue isn’t an evil idea, but it will destroy the social experience that you appear not to be pursuing, because people will no longer have a reason to use voice chat or even pursue these sorts of mutually-interested relationships. But many of us do and would hate to see it go, the ability to interact with people in a fun environment is a large part of what people like about MMOs and MOBAs, it’s built-in to the game genre.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

You guys are writing thing such as social and fun. These are the same cases for more then 1 person. Why not 3 people? Why not 4 people or 5? ohhh because it was unfair for you who didnt want to pick up 1-2-3 people to team up with.

You guys are writing crap like its a MMO and its meant to be social then why did we get rid of team ques?

Your second comment huskyboy was “I don’t agree that it’s unfair, because anyone can do it”. This goes for team que too.

Your guys comments why why these forums are so 50/50. Your duo comments are the same as people fighting for team ques. Literally everything you are saying is why people want team que something we just got rid of.

Also yes duo queing is a advantage. Saying otherwise is asinine.

If you want it to be a social game for fun, then it should have full 5 man team ques.

If you want it to be a competitive league/system then it needs to be only solo que not duo ques.

The title of this thread is " Is duo Q healthy for the game?" the answer is no. Because people not duo queing do not like seeing duo que teams and people who want to play with there friends cant. Saying that they can play in unranked is simply catering to the few of you who want everything perfect for your situation which is you want it competitive and you only are comfortable talking to 1-2 people who also PvP.

Lastly huskyboy " I generally like them, jump on voice chat and occasionally talk about interesting and fun things other than builds. Perhaps you don’t, but many of us do"

^^ that makes no sense. I literally pointed out and a picture of myself and my guild team winning game with unique builds that you will never see in a solo/duo que season.

Please try to actually debate it and make a point and not ramble about things you like.

This line alone shows my point “I guess there are a few points where we won’t be able to agree. I agree that in a situation (match) where someone has superior resources (duo partner) it seems unfair. But if you’ve had the same ability to gain those resources, and chosen not to, I think the situation (balance of the match) ceases to be unfair”

Anyone can find 2-3 players to play with which is what you and spartacus said earlier .

Last time – Solo que only or team que

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

I don’t really want to add more because it appears we are maybe talking similar stuff.

To summarize I personally advocate for a 5 MAN team Q and a Solo/Duo Q but ANET says (or at least the forums think) we don’t have enough population.

In this case i firmly believe that solo/duo Q is the best option if we can only support one Q type since the vast majority of players solo or duo. (ANET’s own data)

As to Duo being stronger than Solo, yes of course it is but it was a compromise to allow players to team up with friends, since TeamQ was not possible in ranked.

Have a good weekend and hopefully players ratings stabilize as more weekend warriors like myself get more games played for the MM to get a more accurate rating.

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

You guys are writing thing such as social and fun. These are the same cases for more then 1 person. Why not 3 people? Why not 4 people or 5? ohhh because it was unfair for you who didnt want to pick up 1-2-3 people to team up with.

You guys are writing crap like its a MMO and its meant to be social then why did we get rid of team ques?

Your second comment huskyboy was “I don’t agree that it’s unfair, because anyone can do it”. This goes for team que too.

Your guys comments why why these forums are so 50/50. Your duo comments are the same as people fighting for team ques. Literally everything you are saying is why people want team que something we just got rid of.

If you want it to be a social game for fun, then it should have full 5 man team ques.

If you want it to be a competitive league/system then it needs to be only solo que not duo ques.

The title of this thread is " Is duo Q healthy for the game?" the answer is no. Because people not duo queing do not like seeing duo que teams and people who want to play with there friends cant. Saying that they can play in unranked is simply catering to the few of you who want everything perfect for your situation which is you want it competitive and you only are comfortable talking to 1-2 people who also PvP.

Lastly huskyboy " I generally like them, jump on voice chat and occasionally talk about interesting and fun things other than builds. Perhaps you don’t, but many of us do"

^^ that makes no sense. I literally pointed out and a picture of myself and my guild team winning game with unique builds that you will never see in a solo/duo que season.

Please try to actually debate it and make a point and not ramble about things you like.

This line alone shows my point “I guess there are a few points where we won’t be able to agree. I agree that in a situation (match) where someone has superior resources (duo partner) it seems unfair. But if you’ve had the same ability to gain those resources, and chosen not to, I think the situation (balance of the match) ceases to be unfair”

Anyone can find 2-3 players to play with which is what you and spartacus said earlier .

Not at all; many people only play 2-3 games per night. That’s nowhere near enough time to gather a 5-man, and no tryhard 5-man will want them since they’re not a consistent player. 5-man is not a realistic option for a large portion of the sPvP player base, because irl they don’t have the time. But like I said, finding a single other person to play with you only requires you to message 1-2 people after each match if you think they’re good, that’s all. Do that consistently and soon you’ll almost always have a partner. Anybody who has the time to play a match has time to find a single other person, but not everybody has time to organize large groups around each person’s irl schedule. A required 5-man system is hostile to anybody who’s not a student living off their parents’ money. Real-life obligations and relationships preclude the possibility of investing the time in building a guild and always having 4 other quality players.

If there were a ranked solo queue and a ranked 5-man queue then I’d be fine with that. I don’t really get why it has to be one or the other as you say. But as long as we only have one ranked queue, solo/duo is ideal because it preserves part of the social aspect while minimizing premades’ advantage. It’s not like you’re constantly facing 2 duos and a solo versus your team of 5 solos, and even if you were, the matchmaking system is supposed to compensate by making sure the duo members are on average worse than you. If they are in fact not, that’s a flaw in the matchmaking algorithm. kdaddy you post a lot so that means you play quite a bit. Surely there are many duos in GW2 who are significantly worse than you, theoretically that’s who the algorithm should be matching you against.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Nobody that cares about their rating duo queues anyways because the matchmaker throws duos under the bus.

I literally doubled my win rate when I stopped duo queueing.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Not at all; many people only play 2-3 games per night. That’s nowhere near enough time to gather a 5-man, and no tryhard 5-man will want them since they’re not a consistent player. 5-man is not a realistic option for a large portion of the sPvP player base, because irl they don’t have the time. But like I said, finding a single other person to play with you only requires you to message 1-2 people after each match if you think they’re good, that’s all. Do that consistently and soon you’ll almost always have a partner. Anybody who has the time to play a match has time to find a single other person, but not everybody has time to organize large groups around each person’s irl schedule. A required 5-man system is hostile to anybody who’s not a student living off their parents’ money. Real-life obligations and relationships preclude the possibility of investing the time in building a guild and always having 4 other quality players.

If there were a ranked solo queue and a ranked 5-man queue then I’d be fine with that. I don’t really get why it has to be one or the other as you say. But as long as we only have one ranked queue, solo/duo is ideal because it preserves part of the social aspect while minimizing premades’ advantage. It’s not like you’re constantly facing 2 duos and a solo versus your team of 5 solos, and even if you were, the matchmaking system is supposed to compensate by making sure the duo members are on average worse than you. If they are in fact not, that’s a flaw in the matchmaking algorithm. kdaddy you post a lot so that means you play quite a bit. Surely there are many duos in GW2 who are significantly worse than you, theoretically that’s who the algorithm should be matching you against.

basically your saying 2 man is okay because your able to do it and you like the advantages. 5 man wasnt because you couldnt find a 5 man que.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

Not even close. I didn’t have a job for 3 months this summer and during that time I had a 5-man. Like kdaddy’s group we got beaten by people who were better and making more sensible decisions, after a while I ditched it and solo queued up to diamond in S3. I kept duoing with people I thought were good but pretty much gave up on finding a quality 5-man, and I definitely had the time. And as everyone including kdaddy said, anybody can find a duo partner quickly and easily, saying otherwise is counterfactual. Just be a nice person and invite people.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

DuoQ is more beneficial…..

I noticed that rankings are effected too which is a nice surprise…. EG:

Helped a friend with placement matches last night, my wins were only granting me 3 ranking points in most games but a few games were actually pretty hard and from those I got 11-13 ranking points. I helped him get 6/0 and logged off after that so hopefully he did ok for the rest, it was his first lot of ranked games lol but it was good to see I couldn’t use him to boost myself in easy games and it’s reassuring to know others can’t either.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

For me if people want a social experience should go in unranked.

Ranked is for competition and is pretty clear duo queue has many advantages than pure solo queue.

Personally I vote for soloqueue only in ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

They should just remove Solo Queue as an option have it Duo /Tri Queue then no one can complain

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Okay I was waiting for this post. I knew it was coming. As it is group queuing has been removed from ranked. I can’t tell you the number of people this probably hurt because they are not here on these boards and they don’t go vote on these types of things. They are brand new people, the lifeblood of each game mode.

Yes you can still go in unranked but the loot and prizes are in ranked and that is where players want to progress.

It feels like we were punished now for having a group of three, which is what I normally played with. Now you can only take 2 in, and of course thats not good enough for some.

However I will tell you now, not being able to play with even 1 other friend would kill pvp for me and many others because unranked is a pointless grind.

Having a friend to spend the night queueing with and having fun is an important factor in this game and ALOT of thought should be given to makeing yet another discouragement to playing this game with your friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

The argument for solo queue is basically this: “I want to win, but I don’t want to coordinate or use teamwork in a team game.” If you don’t play to win, then don’t cry about losing to someone who does.

• If your team comp isn’t good, then switch or ask someone else to switch! Group queues have players who already bit the bullet and played something to help the team even if it wasn’t their first choice.
  • Know your role. If you’re not good at solo fights, don’t run out solo. If you’re a support, stay glued to someone who needs it. If you’re a thief, don’t try to take every 1v1; only take the ones you know you can win. If you’re not fast out of the gate with good sustain, don’t push far alone at the start.
  • Focus/assist, chat, map pings, and basic map awareness are all tools you can use. If your team is staggered, call it out. Call incoming with numbers or ping before the fight starts. Coordinating before the match starts helps a ton. I rarely see PUG teams do any of this. In my experience, voice comm doesn’t improve this for most group queues (coordination in-game is not strong enough); they’re just not shy about communicating.
Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

The argument for solo queue is basically this: “I want to win, but I don’t want to coordinate or use teamwork in a team game.” If you don’t play to win, then don’t cry about losing to someone who does.

• If your team comp isn’t good, then switch or ask someone else to switch! Group queues have players who already bit the bullet and played something to help the team even if it wasn’t their first choice.
  • Know your role. If you’re not good at solo fights, don’t run out solo. If you’re a support, stay glued to someone who needs it. If you’re a thief, don’t try to take every 1v1; only take the ones you know you can win. If you’re not fast out of the gate with good sustain, don’t push far alone at the start.
  • Focus/assist, chat, map pings, and basic map awareness are all tools you can use. If your team is staggered, call it out. Call incoming with numbers or ping before the fight starts. Coordinating before the match starts helps a ton. I rarely see PUG teams do any of this. In my experience, voice comm doesn’t improve this for most group queues (coordination in-game is not strong enough); they’re just not shy about communicating.

That’s all good but ranked is supposed to represent skill while the social aspect is only secondary. Voice comm is esentially a huge advantage.

One solution that wouldn’t kitten off both sides would be to have the same number of duo Qs on each team. So 2 2 1 vs 2 2 1 would be fine whereas 2 1 1 1 vs 1 1 1 1 1 is not fair.

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

That’s all good but ranked is supposed to represent skill while the social aspect is only secondary. Voice comm is esentially a huge advantage.

One solution that wouldn’t kitten off both sides would be to have the same number of duo Qs on each team. So 2 2 1 vs 2 2 1 would be fine whereas 2 1 1 1 vs 1 1 1 1 1 is not fair.

Or get rid of Solo queueing all together because sPvp was always designed as a organized team game mode and make it duo/trio Queue which makes it so each team willl always have the same amount of grouped players on either side. Since coordination is also an indicator of skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Remember when the game was Solo Ranked and Team Ranked? And if you wanted to play “unranked” you went to hotjoins or customs? Anyone remember this?…

Just need to break the game and reinvent the wheel a few more times and maybe we’ll be set for 2020 olympics.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

Duoq is fine, stacking 2 duoq vs full solo isn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Bardly.2571

Bardly.2571

online games are built on the concept of playing with friends

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

There’s nothing wrong with duo.. it’s ridiculously easy to find a +1. If you want pvp to be easier then play in hot joins rather than a PvP League that’s literally meant to be difficult.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

no, duo q is not healthy,duo q stagnates the meta in teambuilds that arent healthy for a soloq environement.
in a pure solo q environement the builds have to evolve to a more selfish ones, you cant expect suport for your sustain that makes pure dps builds squishy or dps if you are pure tank or substain that makes pure sustain/tank weak also , you have to build it up, but duo q bring players whith cordinated builds on the board(dps-suport, tank-tank, whith diferent specs that one covers the faults of other, or another tricky composition of interdependant builts ) that dominate the game clearly

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

no, duo q is not healthy,duo q stagnates the meta in teambuilds that arent healthy for a soloq environement.
in a pure solo q environement the builds have to evolve to a more selfish ones, you cant expect suport for your sustain that makes pure dps builds squishy or dps if you are pure tank or substain that makes pure sustain/tank weak also , you have to build it up, but duo q bring players whith cordinated builds on the board(dps-suport, tank-tank, whith diferent specs that one covers the faults of other, or another tricky composition of interdependant builts ) that dominate the game clearly

Maybe people shouldn’t Solo Queue in an organized team gamemode.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

You have no evidence to back up what ever gibberish your trying to say.

I’ve seen double glass, double sustains and a mix of both. Sometimes players don’t coordinate with each other, they just queue together because they think the other is good, like me and my ele friend I just met.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

There’s nothing wrong with duo.. it’s ridiculously easy to find a +1. If you want pvp to be easier then play in hot joins rather than a PvP League that’s literally meant to be difficult.

not is only to get a +1 the question is about enter in duo with coordinated builds, if you paly on random builds and no voicecom you are only two pugs that q together, if you play whit random builds and voice com you are two pugs who can call for +1 faster than others, but if you set your builds for complement each other and have voice coms you are clearly dominant

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Playing as a team is part of skill. Again, for most skill levels voice comm is not the massive advantage people make it out to be.

I’ve won games with more solo queued players on my side. You’re just complaining to complain or to try and legitimize your losses.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Playing as a team is part of skill. Again, for most skill levels voice comm is not the massive advantage people make it out to be.

It is, but only if just one side got it (and uses it well), if both sides got it (if A-Net would implement that) it won’t be an advantage anymore