Is interrupting a 1 v 1 unfair

in PvP

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Hi Everyone,

Someone recently called me out for seeking to create unbalanced matchups. Leaping in to turn a 1 v 1 into a 2 v 1. I thought this was just part of the game. Usually when I get killed I’m getting focus fired by 2+ other people.

Is this the wrong way to think about the game? (Note this is all practice arena so idk if that makes a difference).

Thanks

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

No, it’s +1’ing. It’s a tactic. It’s a team game.
If they want 1vs1s, they should go join a dueling server.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in PvP

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Ignore them if they say that. If they want to duel, they have custom arenas they can make. Unranked/ranked queues are for playing the game as it is meant to be played, which included ganking players 1+X v. 1 if need be.

If they bug you about it, just block them. They’ll only give you grief if you respond to them.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You are literally supposed to interrupt 1v1s. That’s how you win the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

You are literally supposed to interrupt 1v1s. That’s how you win the game.

^This.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Hi Everyone,

Someone recently called me out for seeking to create unbalanced matchups. Leaping in to turn a 1 v 1 into a 2 v 1. I thought this was just part of the game. Usually when I get killed I’m getting focus fired by 2+ other people.

Is this the wrong way to think about the game? (Note this is all practice arena so idk if that makes a difference).

Thanks

i never used the practice arena button, i always just choose a server. can the practice button dump you into a dueling server? if it can, then that’s prob what happened, and why they were upset. but its an understandable mistake for you if thats what happened

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

i never used the practice arena button, i always just choose a server. can the practice button dump you into a dueling server? if it can, then that’s prob what happened, and why they were upset. but its an understandable mistake for you if thats what happened

No it can’t.
Duelling servers don’t use standard settings (1 player per side instead of 5, instant respawn, etc.)

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

depends if you already win by a lot points then its sometimes rude

action combat made mmos better lol

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

depends if you already win by a lot points then its sometimes rude

Never. Always kill the enemy and help a 1v1, if they want to duel they need to do so in a private or empty arena.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

It isn’t.

However, if you were in practice mode, it could have been. Sometimes people choose empty servers to duel if they do not have their own arena. If that was the case, I would understand why they’re upset.

in PvP

Posted by: States.6387

States.6387

If its a normal match then i dont see it as an issue.

But when its a spvp match of 5 v 1 or 5 v 2 then there really isnt any reason for the other team to be ganking on 1 person. I mean you’ve obviously already won when its 5 v 1 or 5 v 2, so you might as well keep the match interesting by having the full team 1 v 1 the opposing guy or 2 v 1 the opposing guy if they are on tanky builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Leothen.7421

Leothen.7421

i think its rude in practice arena. unranked or ranked is definitely another story, the object is to win and you do that by doing exactly what you did.
But practice arena ….is practice

if you go to a point where two people are 1v1 and they both tell you not to interrupt, let them be, let them practice.

i think it helps everyone get better; sure there is the “go to a duel room for 1v1” but i think a lot of less experienced players are intimidated by duel rooms. i sometimes dont have the patience for going to a duel room when i just want to tweak a build or try something new, i go to practice arena to see how it works and if i find myself in a 1v1 situation i actually prefer not to get help so i can see how well my build works 1v1 and also when i get +1ed i like to see how that works out too. also, 1v1 dueling rooms are usually builds that are only meant for 1v1 and will not be seen in ranked/unranked. also, most 1v1 rooms are 50% thieves.

i think it comes down to this — dont take practice arena so seriously, if they wanna 1v1, lighten up the mood and /cheer your teammate on. I have done it before, i’ve even asked kindly for an enemy player to stop running from me and fight me over a point, with /bow and everything and this was an unranked game. the guy really appreciated it and we had a good fight and it was actually really fun. I think if more people lightened up like this the community would be less toxic and people would enjoy playing more, just my opinion

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I would argue that turning those 1v1s into 2 or 3v1s is a key aspect of the game mode (how else are you going to break those unkillable bunkers?) — the team that works together better and smartly decaps/rotate-wins all on-point battles is the team that wins the match.

It’s also a reason why I don’t play much sPvP because in that respect it’s incredibly boring and predictable. The game would be a lot funner if it was balanced for 1v1s IMO (but that is just personal preference, I do understand that there is a layer of fun in the teamwork element, but how much of the pvp player base can organize themselves into 5-man premades? I suspect very few, and optimal play requiring voicechat just exacerbates the problem).

in PvP

Posted by: Wile.5024

Wile.5024

This thread could easily be a result of the team balance issue which is being discussed on this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Practice-Arena-balance/

@OP, if the game was 5v5 game, by all means go +1 and punish the enemy.

Personally if in practice mode and in a 5v4 situation (which it usually is), I’d seek only even fights… unless the enemy is some sort of bunker. The side with more players is going to win almost every time, and zerging with superior numbers isn’t fun for me.

in PvP

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Thanks,

It was only a guy from the other team. So my takeaway is don’t play practice.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in PvP

Posted by: EsarioOne.9840

EsarioOne.9840

Are you in a 1v1 arena? If you are, come on dude.
Assuming you’re not, that’s just strategy.

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

People are trying to play a team game. It’s rude towards your allies, not to +1.

About practice matches: If the server was empty and those two guys were the only guys, yeah, attacking in that situation is not nice… But in a full team match, you are supposed to 2v1.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.