Is it just me?

Is it just me?

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Is it just me….or does everyone unintentionally kittening hate arenanet whenever you get placed in a 4v5?

PLEASE FIX THIS IM SO kittenING TIRED OF IT kitten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Is it just me?

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

No its not just you , we gave up on it

[WM]give us in game ladder

Is it just me?

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

It’s not like they just need to push one big red button to fix it.

4v5 is not a bug. It is a consequence of human behavior. How do you fix that?

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Is it just me?

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

It’s not like they just need to push one big red button to fix it.

4v5 is not a bug. It is a consequence of human behavior. How do you fix that?

A little less white-knighting would be a good start. Please don’t defend mediocrity. Many other PvP games have succeeded in limiting similar behavior, and all Anet needs to do is to take note and implement best practices. It’s not like we’re splitting the atom here.

A ready button that actually does something, not allowing 4v5 games to start and stopping games that go 4v5 during the match would be a good start and eliminate 95% of the complaints people have, and result in a vastly superior soloQ customer experience. Or, if reverting on-going matches to queue is too difficult, simply make it so that 4v5 losses do not count against your MMR and leaderboard rating.

Attachments:

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

Is it just me?

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

A ready button that actually does something, not allowing 4v5 games to start and stopping games that go 4v5 during the match would be a good start and eliminate 95% of the complaints people have, and result in a vastly superior soloQ customer experience.

And what if people just queue up to troll and do not push the ready button? Again, human behavior is not that easily fixable. The solution you proposed would help 4v5, for sure, but would also generates other problems.

Or, if reverting on-going matches to queue is too difficult, simply make it so that 4v5 losses do not count against your MMR and leaderboard rating.

Again, imagine a 4v5 under this new assumption: players would have no incentives to stay in the game, so it would just be a loss of time, since nobody is allowed to leave the match.
Furthermore, even if even this could be a possible solution, new problems would arise: in this case a 4v5 situation would punish both teams, not only one.

As I said, it’s not like they have a magical button they can push to make 4v5 disappear.
Wait, let me rephrase it: it’s not like they can make 4v5 disapper without moving the problem elsewhere.

I’m all for eliminating 4v5, and I have one precise solution in mind:

Make the SPVP population increase in number. This would help, in my humble opinion, shrinking the 4v5 problem, since the “error” would be more distributed, thus leading to a better QoL for the single player.
How can they do it? Well, I think that adding cash prizes is a good start.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

(edited by Frenk.5917)