Is it normal to exploit pvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Neei.4890

Neei.4890

People are farming on skyhamer map pvp exp to get on rank 20 so they can play ranked. Is that normal ? I played this game 2 years ago or 1 year ago and that was normal way to lvl up in pvp.

So they did not change anything about that ? You still cant get banned for that ?

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Yep, what is considered match manipulation in other games is the norm and perfectly okay in GW2, just one of the reasons this game has such a pitifully small PvP playerbase.

in PvP

Posted by: Gringo.2163

Gringo.2163

I dont think it is bad but stupid.
The purpose of this restriction is to not have unprepared players in ranked and such farming is made by players who knows what to do and how to play pvp. They want just play with they alts.
Game need to have some another more logical restriction not based on farming.

…and no, i am not doing it.

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

If it is allowed by developers, go ahead and exploit it. I have seen a lot of people with exploits, from going through walls and avoiding line of sight, to stomping while moving and casting multiple spells at the same time. If others can be good in GW2 PvP manipulation, so can you. Just search the web, it and you will find a lot of informations and softwares.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

players have been exploiting every game that was ever created in the history of humanity. Make a game that has a “leaderboard” or rewards and (some, read a lot of) humans will try and find a way to gain an advantage through exploiting.

GW2 is no different.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

If it is allowed by developers, go ahead and exploit it. I have seen a lot of people with exploits, from going through walls and avoiding line of sight, to stomping while moving and casting multiple spells at the same time. If others can be good in GW2 PvP manipulation, so can you. Just search the web, it and you will find a lot of informations and softwares.

You do know you can use for example mesmer portal or thief teleport during stomp?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Why just skyhammer? It’s no different in terms of rank point gain than any other map.

Also the point of rank 20 is that you need 20 ranks of pvp experience. Doing unranked to get rank 20 is exactly what you are supposed to be doing.

I don’t get what is being complained about. Is this some indirect complaint about alt spamming the leaderboards?

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube