Is it possible to do something while waiting?

in PvP

Posted by: Puppet.8139

Puppet.8139

Activity 1: Workout (Situps, pushups, etc etc). Be a more attractive streamer.

Activity 2: Hide and seek (hide the profession NPC’s all around the map, so players cannot find them and duel).

Activity 3: Run over to golems and locate players using banners to test their DPS and skills…. Say “Ooo a banner”, pick it up and run off with it.

Activity 4: Buy all kinds of useless things in the TP, that you will end up destroying at the end of the week.

Activity 5: Evil Knievel over the canyon as many times as you can (yes the jump can be made by most professions (get creative)).

Activity 6: If Mesmer, portal people to their deaths…Bored players love taking random portals that are lying around the waiting area.

Lots of other things to do as well (could list many). If you have a hard time entertaining your streamers…stop just standing in one place and do something interesting/ funny. It’s your own fault they are loosing interest (yes Q times don’t help); but if you keep them entertained, they won’t go anywhere.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Remaking heart of the mists into an awesome sort of “playground” so to speak would be enough for me!

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

No the best solution is let duels be possible. They just don’t seem to get it. It’s like streaming, ppl love to watch it. Same here, duels, ppl just love to hang around & watch it.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

what was arena net thinking

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

They need to bring back the Mystic Forge and at crafter trainers/smith areas so we can at least be semi-productive while getting mats.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Kurse.1540

Kurse.1540

*Bump /15char

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

anet likes taking steps back. Remove solo queue check and Remove queueing outside of hotm check. I wonder what next they’ll remove

in PvP

Posted by: Halbarz.3854

Halbarz.3854

I agree let us join the hot-join matches, the wait is getting really annoying

in PvP

Posted by: LiOoN.9145

LiOoN.9145

The worst is AN knows and simply didn’t do anything for all this time… sad but true.

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

New Record Update 4/26/2015
Queue actually poped at 19:35 min.

I think I should create a competition on watching “who has the longest queue time”.
If someone beat me on this record, I will do give away next time when I stream.
Ps. I wonder if something wrong with my MMR?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

I agree let us join the hot-join matches, the wait is getting really annoying

I agree it was pretty fun jumping from hotmatch to ranked game. It’ll be practice games this time around and it’s not much difference. No one, I think, would go ahead and cancel their ranked que to kitten around in practice game.

in PvP

Posted by: xoularius.7204

xoularius.7204

I think technically I’m more of an Osu and Touhou player than a GW2 player by now, because I spend more time playing it in queue than actually playing the game.

Best solutions so far to me (from best to worst) are:
1.) Able to enter a hotjoin/spectate while in queue
2.) some stupidly huge jumping puzzles that would take forever (use the thing next to the AoE golems, or the sealed-off island behind the HotM entrance portal)
3.) Crafting stations and Mystic Forge

I think for all three things, the whole “players will decline queue” argument is invalid. I have a much greater incentive to decline so I can finish a level in one of my queue games than, say, a hotjoin.

Of course having all of the above would be best, but I know Anet has other things to do, so that would be my personal order of preference.

in PvP

Posted by: LordKage.9135

LordKage.9135

Remaking heart of the mists into an awesome sort of “playground” so to speak would be enough for me!

I agree with phantaram, I don’t mind if we can’t go to WvW or Hotjoins as long we got something entertaining to do in HotM

Try Tô Kill Me // Engineer/Warrior/Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Awelex.9627

Awelex.9627

I think allowing people to play hotjoin/custom arena’s would really be a great middle ground in comparison to how it used to be. The current system hurts pvp players and especially streamers hard.

Love your stream btw, GS/H ftw

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

I think it has now been 4 months and 25 days since this change was put in. Little sign of dev compromise, despite much of the PvP community speaking out against this (especially seen in PvP streams now being much less entertaining for the viewer and the streamer). So frustrating.

Edit for Tarcis:

One image from February 3rd, queue popped at 20 minutes and the game was 4v5.

Second image from December 7th, 40 mins and 2 seconds. I can’t remember if the queue popped or if I just gave up.

These are older screenshots but they still support the point here. And this is all part of the reason I become more and more bitter to this game’s pvp and developers (my apologies to anyone I have been negative to).

Attachments:

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

(edited by Celtus.8456)

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

You can duel wile waiting…………. oh.. no wait..you cant.. !!!

in PvP

Posted by: Roc.6143

Roc.6143

Make a fighting area at the lobby.

It could solve GVG as well too.

Of course, it’s need to design a new and large lobby.

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I’d already be happy if they brought back the mystic forge, so I can at the very least throw all the junk I get from playing pvp into the forge while waiting.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in PvP

Posted by: Addiction.9685

Addiction.9685

@ Celtus “Second image from December 7th, 40 mins and 2 seconds. I can’t remember if the queue popped or if I just gave up.”

HOLY CRAP. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Man I thought my 10 minute Qs were bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

I think it has now been 4 months and 25 days since this change was put in. Little sign of dev compromise, despite much of the PvP community speaking out against this (especially seen in PvP streams now being much less entertaining for the viewer and the streamer). So frustrating.

Edit for Tarcis:

One image from February 3rd, queue popped at 20 minutes and the game was 4v5.

Second image from December 7th, 40 mins and 2 seconds. I can’t remember if the queue popped or if I just gave up.

These are older screenshots but they still support the point here. And this is all part of the reason I become more and more bitter to this game’s pvp and developers (my apologies to anyone I have been negative to).

I like the average queue time of 17 minutes on that second picture

in PvP

Posted by: Deckard Cain.7089

Deckard Cain.7089

we used to be able to be anywhere in the world while in the queue. Why do we have to be in hotm?

Because of load screens and match countdown timers. Some people load slow.

This is a bullkitten excuse but I know it is the ‘official’ one.
They could have made the queue pop during loadscreens, even if they didn’t, people would avoid loadscreens as much as they could to not miss queue, what would most people do? hotjoin, duels or wvw roaming? very rarely changing maps in the latter two, they could even make queue accept times 30s to decrease the odds of being in loading for the whole time. I think this official excuse is just because they are too lazy to code queue pops into loadscreens.

Also why do they put so much emphasis on people accepting queue and not there actually being a 5v5 when the game starts?
I know sometimes it would be annoying waits to find a replacement but better than wasting a whole game and it would allow us to go back to the old objectively superior for the player queue anywhere system.

Also bringback solo q, yesterday I had 3 games in a row with bigger parties/more turret engineers on the other team and then the 4th game was a 4v5 from the start, I just closed the game, these ‘features’ are terrible. But ofcourse it’s ‘working as intended’, Not really, I know heaps of good players who stopped playing anywhere near as much, there does seem to be a lot more noobs in there but maybe that’s just the matchmaking.

One game was 5 solo players vs a 4 man party and 2 turret engineers, that was a waste of 10 minutes of gameplay and 10 minutes of queue waiting. This isn’t a cry about turret engineers though, I accept it as a sad fact of life that we will always have some braindead builds but having to wait 10 minutes while not being able to play the game really ruins this. It took anet one year to catch onto turret engineers, wonder how long it will take them to realise people aren’t just delusional and they actually don’t have fun sitting in queue. Or maybe even realise http://strawpoll.me/3638200/r or the middair immob bug. /salt

(edited by Deckard Cain.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I agree with phantaram, I don’t mind if we can’t go to WvW or Hotjoins as long we got something entertaining to do in HotM

No. Why settle for a change which will become redundant after a few days. I seriously bet they do this as it would be an easy bandaid type change for them, which is generally how they approach things. I gtd you will regret saying this if it actually happens

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Kurse.1540

Kurse.1540

The whole underwater area that’s been closed could be used as a fighting area

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

The whole underwater area that’s been closed could be used as a fighting area

That would be pretty cool. I really liked the 1v1 servers tbh but idk I think anet said something about ppl leaving que or something or wouldn’t accept when que pop idk either way +1.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Spawn many unicorns by stomping the NPCs. Seriously though let me go use the 1v1 arena while queuing again..