Is it worth playing ele?

Is it worth playing ele?

in PvP

Posted by: apotheosis.5273

apotheosis.5273

So I’m currently in low gold. I main auramancer ele, rarely switching to any other class (though I do have quite a few at 80). During the rare games in which I switch to a different class, I nearly always lose—it seems that, without heals, my teams just crumble and die within seconds. However, despite the great heals my ele gives, I can’t help but wonder why I don’t see more of them in ranked. This led me to think.. Should I really be playing it? Would I be able to help my team more if I played something like a dragonhunter? What do you guys think?

Is it worth playing ele?

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Ive been playing d/w ele since HOT end of season 1.

Do not switch unless there is another ele on your team or if 2 of your DH say they are bunkers/support at the last second.

It is not a carry build but it is a needed class in 5 vs 5 for team fights.

Is it worth playing ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

You don’t see more of them in ranked because not everyone plays more then 1 class properly. People are weary of taking support builds in low level ranked because people don’t make proper use of them. That and people often think: I’ll wait out the timer and hope for someone else to reroll because I feel like smacking kitten.

When my team has no heals I usually improvise some carry and bring a couple of group heals. Engineers and guardians are ok-ish at that. I can’t play ele and I don’t like it very much either so I can’t reroll ele when my team doesn’t have one. In many cases I just don’t care because having 5 damage classes isn’t too shabby either, good pressure and good on splits.

The majority of teams in bronze has no support and no people that can appreciate the value of one.

On your question wethere ele’s are worth it: they are, when your team makes use of them you can simply outlast the opposing team when you’re not bad.

(edited by Siren.2843)

Is it worth playing ele?

in PvP

Posted by: apotheosis.5273

apotheosis.5273

I think I would even go so far as to say that I don’t enjoy playing ele, but it feels like it’s necessary to secure wins and advance in rating.

Is it worth playing ele?

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I think I would even go so far as to say that I don’t enjoy playing ele, but it feels like it’s necessary to secure wins and advance in rating.

You dont have to play it if you dont like the pure support role.

You could easily switch to ranger,engy or DH and play a support class with some dps or play them as DPS/bruiser roles and be a support secondary.

If you cant sustain a 1 vs 2 at bronze/silver i would suggest playing another class.

Is it worth playing ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

I would say no, because since the start of the season I have been playing the class and trying to carry most games. It’s impossible to carry with ele if you can’t rely on your team.

If they can’t do damage whats the point of healing them?

I have now decided to only support players who I know are decent and know how to play the game. This has resulted in me winning a lot of games.

Is it worth playing ele?

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I was mostly an Ele player but I ditched it for another class that counters more classes in the current meta – Destroyer Warrior / Destroyer Nec.

It also gets old trying to support “DPS” people who can’t get a down in under 20s.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.