Is matchmaking broken or i am unlucky?

in PvP

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Hi guys.
I pvp,not much but sometimes 10 + matches daily.
Since last week i probably won 2 out of 10 matches….yea that bad.
Now i am wondering ,is the matchmaking broken?

I played with classes i don’t play that well,is true that i was playing bad some times,but i was capturing and all that sutff,i was not playing good with the class but that doesn’t mean i don’t know how pvp works,i have enough awareness and some experience.

One bad player in a team of 5 is not like 5 bad players…and it seems i was always matched with 4 other inexperienced players and i don’t say bad players,they didn’t know how to react in some pvp situations where pvp players with some expereince would know.

One week where most of the team scores are 100-500 … i never blame game systems but this time i have to because i don’t understand what else could be the problem.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

(edited by Nury.3062)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Yes it is broken. I’ve played 17 games and won 4 of them.

in PvP

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

Yes it’s broken I’ve played 17 games and won 16 of them.

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

when i start a game and see 4 dragon ranks smashing my pitiful rank 29 self, that is my last game for the day…

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in PvP

imaclown.1628

when i start a game and see 4 dragon ranks smashing my pitiful rank 29 self, that is my last game for the day…

You could do that, or you could say “yes I have the opportunity to play with more experienced players perhaps I can learn something”

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

I’ve lost so many games in the last week my winrate dropped over 10%. I’ve lost what I think was 6 games in a row today, then when i’m winning on the 7th game I dc anyway.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Even I have had trouble carrying really bad players vs decent players. Yesterday I was 6-12 which is the worst Soloq day I’ve ever had.

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: eXeD.9738

eXeD.9738

It feels pretty broken to me. I’m pretty new to PvP, but most of the times I either destroy or get destroyed by the other team, balanced games are quite rare :/

It’s also incredible how often I run into full pre-made teams while solo queuing.

in PvP

imaclown.1628

Exed how do you know they are premades?

in PvP

Posted by: eXeD.9738

eXeD.9738

Exed how do you know they are premades?

They have the same guild tag, that’s the only thing I consider pre-made because it’s the only one I’m 100% sure of.

Also, your signature… “I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA” NeXeD, really ?

in PvP

imaclown.1628

Ok fair enough, yep NeXeD had been my “handle” since like 2000, especially on ultima online.

Although the guild tag thing I’ve ended up on the same team as players from guilds that I am a part of just by accident so even that’s not 100% sure all the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Do you play under a different account? I can’t seem to find any data for your account.

Yes it is broken. I’ve played 17 games and won 4 of them.

You’ve played 33 games, 12 of which are wins on this account. Was that for a specific time period?

Yes it’s broken I’ve played 17 games and won 16 of them.

All I see for you is hotjoin games… 3 of them… over the last week. Different account maybe?

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

imaclown.1628

Yeah NeXeD.3042 is my regular acct but it’s been heavily infracted lately so it’s difficult to post on forums with it. I made this acct because I wanted to learn how to play engi and didn’t feel like deleting a character or adding character slots so I just bought the game again =)

in PvP

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

When courtyard was still part of ranked, I checked after the reset before they removed it and I was rank 89 (surprising to begin with… but my point is that I felt tried hard and that my hard work helped secure a win). Further, I have actively made the attempt to improve and genuinely believe that I have.

However, my rank has plummeted. I am now in the %‘s. I feel I lose all the time. I don’t know what changed, but something certainly did. I roamed the borderlands at the beginning of the week and tbh it was more fun the PvP has been. (espcially given ranger days…)

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

When courtyard was still part of ranked, I checked after the reset before they removed it and I was rank 89 (surprising to begin with… but my point is that I felt tried hard and that my hard work helped secure a win). Further, I have actively made the attempt to improve and genuinely believe that I have.

However, my rank has plummeted. I am now in the %‘s. I feel I lose all the time. I don’t know what changed, but something certainly did. I roamed the borderlands at the beginning of the week and tbh it was more fun the PvP has been. (espcially given ranger days…)

I wouldn’t think much of it. There has been a much larger number of people playing Ranked since the test season officially started.

Also, we will be reviewing the data to see if any improvements could be made.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

You’ve played 33 games, 12 of which are wins on this account. Was that for a specific time period?

- Those were my all-time stats since I started playing PvP a few days ago. I played some more since I made the post. I think I get it now: the initial rating was not my true skill level, so I had to lose many games until I reached my true rating. After this point I’m now getting 50% win rate:

(12-4)/(33-17) = 50%, which is how it should be

Is there a command to see MMR?

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

From my experience with Unranked back when I was grinding the Wintersday reward tracks, it did often feel like the odds were frequently stacked against me. I ended up with a 1:2 win-loss ratio that was getting worse until it finally seemed to stabilise. I don’t know whether it was because the MMR was finally kicking in or I just had a bad streak of getting matched with imbalanced teams.

In any case, I know that I’m not skilled enough to really be in Unranked/Ranked. Now that I’ve finished grinding the Wintersday track, I’ve gone back to Hotjoin for more casual PvP.

in PvP

imaclown.1628

If I jack up my MMR by winning a ton of unranked games is it the same as my ranked mmr and vice versa?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

From my experience with Unranked back when I was grinding the Wintersday reward tracks, it did often feel like the odds were frequently stacked against me. I ended up with a 1:2 win-loss ratio that was getting worse until it finally seemed to stabilise. I don’t know whether it was because the MMR was finally kicking in or I just had a bad streak of getting matched with imbalanced teams.

In any case, I know that I’m not skilled enough to really be in Unranked/Ranked. Now that I’ve finished grinding the Wintersday track, I’ve gone back to Hotjoin for more casual PvP.

personally, i feel that ranked arena may have better players than unranked arena, especially if you queue solo.

i think many people queue unranked just to have better rewards than hotjoin, and to avoid auto balance wars. i get the feeling that many unranked arena players do not exactly “play to win” but more of “play to have fun” etc.

in ranked arena, it seems like more players try their best to “play to win” well it is still based on their personal profession mechanical skills and map awareness anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yeah matchmaking is broken at this point. It’s just not fun.