Is meta finally stabilizing - for the better?

in PvP

Posted by: Bud.5617

Bud.5617

Is it just me, or I’m starting to see more build diversity in sPvP?

SoloQ used to be choke full of spirit rangers, but now starting to see BM as well.

There seems to be quite a variety of build going on and that’s a good thing. A few days ago I’d never dream of saying this…

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

I think its time to stop sleeping. You’ve been dreaming for a few days now.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

It might depend on the rating. I used to be around 300-400 last days and i saw build diversity. Yesterday, i reached 150 and since that i faced a lot of spirit rangers and necros ( and sword thieves to a lesser extend)..

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

When people are serious about winning, they go for proven builds like necro, spirit rangers and s/d thieves or guardians. Its not uncommon to face 2-3 necro or rangers on a team – its just the easiest way to win. Not much communication needed, just put your face on the keyboard roll around.

When people want to have fun though they might want to go other classes and builds for a change, because you seriously can’t say spirit ranger or condition spam necro’s are the most fun builds to play – coz they aren’t.

So build diversity goes out the window when your life depends on winning.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Answer to OP. No.

Actually today SoloQ is so flooded with necros and spirit rangers like no other day before. At least that’s my impression.
That’s why I got sick of it and decided I’m gonna go to this forum and rage a bit.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i see more warriors than necros or rangers in soloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

The only thing thats finally stabilizing is your rating i assume..Other than thakittens only necros,ranger,warr ..

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Answer to OP. No.

Actually today SoloQ is so flooded with necros and spirit rangers like no other day before. At least that’s my impression.
That’s why I got sick of it and decided I’m gonna go to this forum and rage a bit.

Weird, I see more warrior with ranger as a close second to be honest.

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Yeah, warriors are starting to appear way more often. The metagame seems to be undergoing a slight shift in some ways.

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

People are using warriors to attack far point vs rangers, I’ve seen atleast 2 very good warrior builds recently that were effective against me. 1 was some sort of longbow and mace/sheild bunker build which was pretty insane, the other is the stun build.

I hate seeing warriors because most have no clue what their doing, and cry non stop, while there are some exctemely good ones that hold their own in every match.

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I’ve seen many builds appear to deal with SRangers and Necros, Warriors going far vs. the usual bunker SRanger, and winning has been incredibly common. Hell I’ve seen Cleanse Mesmers that shadow middle/far and play hard counter to condition spam.

But, I play in the bad tier so… I get to have more fun I guess.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

SoloQ used to be choke full of spirit rangers, but now starting to see BM as well.

There seems to be quite a variety of build going on and that’s a good thing. A few days ago I’d never dream of saying this…

are you drunk?

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

are you drunk?

Or maybe you are?

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

People are using warriors to attack far point vs rangers, I’ve seen atleast 2 very good warrior builds recently that were effective against me. 1 was some sort of longbow and mace/sheild bunker build which was pretty insane, the other is the stun build.

I hate seeing warriors because most have no clue what their doing, and cry non stop, while there are some exctemely good ones that hold their own in every match.

Hey, I was just experimenting with that weapon setup last night. You are right, it is a good setup assuming you can generate enough adrenaline to make use of F1 for both weapons. Main issue with it is lack of mobility, but it was still fun to mess around with.

More warriors are probably showing up in soloQ (although I haven’t played soloQ in like a week or more) because they are decent against rangers and necros, and specifically the more popular meta builds. In my expierence in soloQ, the majority of games were dominated by those two classes. A lot of games I have been in, at least 60-70% of the players in the entire game were one of those two classes.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

No………………….

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in PvP

Posted by: Bud.5617

Bud.5617

I’ve seen many builds appear to deal with SRangers and Necros, Warriors going far vs. the usual bunker SRanger, and winning has been incredibly common. Hell I’ve seen Cleanse Mesmers that shadow middle/far and play hard counter to condition spam.

But, I play in the bad tier so… I get to have more fun I guess.

Yup I’m seeing this. So the meta is shifting which’s good.

Those classes may not be as far out of balance as I originally thought. If they were the meta would be stuck down the nook with no way out.