Is soloq like the immob bug?

in PvP

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

I mean will it ever be fixed? I’m currently 86% rated in soloq. How come there is a player in every single game who plays his 1st or 5th game at best? I asked them, and they told me. Its not some conclusion I’ve come to because they played bad. And out of the 9 matches I played tonight 5 was 4v5 and every single time the low level guy left. I understand that they wanted to try out pvp, got in a match where the experienced players stomped them 3-4 times in the first 2 minutes of the game, they got mad and left. But shouldnt they be in lower brackets then? (Thats an other thing that I was so unlucky to be on the team with 4 players every single time. I’ll have a chat with God about the luck part of things.) WTH is matchmaking rating good for then? Dont tell me that there are not enough players – lets say – from 78-98% who queue up for soloq in the peak hours. This ‘take 1 low, 2 average and 2 high rated players and make a team’ attitude is just stupid. Probably they do this to make sure that you get in games fast, and dont have to wait until 9 other guys come around from around the same spot you are at in the leaderboard. So 3 from there, 4 from there and an other 3 from here and the team is ‘ready’. This results in unfair matchups 85-90% of the time. Even if I win I hardly have a truly sweet victory. Sometimes I’m on the winning side of a 4v5, sometimes its just so ridiculously unbalanced (in my team’s favor) that I feel guilty to fight back at all. And maybe 15-20% of the games I play has some real excitement where both sides have a chance to win. Therefore your actions MATTER, and can ALTER THE END RESTULT. Playing some actually exciting and competitive games (everyone on their own skill level) is well worth the 10/15/20 minutes of waiting instead of waiting 5 minutes but having 75-80% of your games garbage, worthless, annoying and non-competitive.

Make teams of equal skill level!!!

p.s.: I know, I know… Anet wont do S[H[I[T about this, there have been a lot of moaning and crying about this very valid issue and they didnt care. I just had to let the steam out. Save me, invite me to your pvp team.

enthusiastic noob

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Stop playing solo q! The answer is so simple for everyone! Vee Wee stopped playing solo q and now everything is alright! If every single person stopped playing solo q, they would remove Skyhammer! But we must all unite under one banner for this to happen! Who is with me!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Nimrud.5642

Hehe, your opening and closing lines always make me laugh.

On topic: Probably your solution is the only solution. There are stupid things when it comes to your teammates decisions, experience, situational awareness, etc. But I can handle those and accept them. Everyone should have the right to play pvp – regardless of skill level. I am a noob in many respects still. But the stupid soloq system doubles/triples the annoyance. Equal skill level teams! Thats the only solution imho. And Anet pls, if a guy leaves after 1 minute, put the team to the front of the queue system and replace the player. This never happens if there’s a 4v5, it will stay a 4v5…

Make 2v2, 3v3 brackets. Introduce simple death matches, ‘capture the flag’ matches, whatever… There is just so much potential to improve the pvp experience of this game. I wonder why Anet doesnt give a kitten about this… I really do. Are they so busy making the living world story?

enthusiastic noob

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Stop playing solo q! The answer is so simple for everyone! Vee Wee stopped playing solo q and now everything is alright! If every single person stopped playing solo q, they would remove Skyhammer! But we must all unite under one banner for this to happen! Who is with me!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

and start AFKing teamQ?

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

The purpose of Solo Arena is to be like Random Arena from GW1
Your post looks to me like you need to be playing Team Arena
I mean what do you expect when you que for a match and have no idea who is joining?

Also, many of the people who have high rating in Solo Ques
Are more than likely doing synch ques with each other
They all hit join at the same exact time to increase their chances of landing together
This is an old and well known trick from GW1 Random Arenas
Great way to splice up the win rate against a bunch of PUG teams not on TS

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

Make 2v2, 3v3 brackets. Introduce simple death matches, ‘capture the flag’ matches, whatever… There is just so much potential to improve the pvp experience of this game. I wonder why Anet doesnt give a kitten about this… I really do. Are they so busy making the living world story?

Ever thought of when Anet introduce 2-3 more gamemodes or just one, there aren’t enough players anymore in one gamemode.
PvP has not that many players, if there is more than just one gamemode the number of players is half in every gamemode.
Imagine the queuetimes, and not to mention the matchmaking.

in PvP

Nimrud.5642

Ever thought of when Anet introduce 2-3 more gamemodes or just one, there aren’t enough players anymore in one gamemode.
PvP has not that many players, if there is more than just one gamemode the number of players is half in every gamemode.
Imagine the queuetimes, and not to mention the matchmaking.

What you say is true, but at the same time it would have an opposite effect too. Namely that for an ideal and balanced 5v5 you need 10 players of the same skill level. For a 2v2, only 4.

An other promising idea could be making games 10v10 or even 15v15. In that case one team losing a member would not be in so big disadvantage. Because as the team size increases – the loss of one player means smaller and smaller portion of the team’s overall performance.

Ofc, the core of this issue is that many players play this game only occasionally. And they hardly meet the requirements of the PvE realm. Let alone being succesful in pvp. And they dont like to be defeated. Some have more fun facerolling/speedrunning trivial pve content and feeling godly. Rather than getting killed 2-5 times in a 15 min game. I have guild members like that. He knows all the boss mechanics by heart, reads all the gw2 lore, has his own farming paths, has all professions at lvl80, contless sets of asc gear, etc. And he refuses to set foot even in WvW zerging. He just loves the feeling of grinding trough underpowered, dumb mobs, and thats it. He is not ashamed, or trying to hide his potential incompetecy when it comes to pvp. Its just his thing, he plays gw2 to do that content. And the majority of players will always be like this. PvP is challenging. There are a few who like this a.k.a. the ‘pvp community’, but there is always more who despise pvp. But hey whats new with this? Its like this in every single MMO. Anet should have known this way before the first idea ever came around to create gw2… Make it a pve only game then. Or if not, then let the pvp community have their fun too. But Anet probably makes more money on a new armor skin, than on the whole pvp community…

The community has needs, and they provide the corresponding service. Our only hope is that high end pvp (tournaments) are much more attractive than any living story update. Dragons, shiny cinematics, new world bosses can never possibly attract enough attention compared to an ‘all-star’ tournament. So I really do hope that Anet’s marketing needs will evetually force them to dedicate more attention to pvp.

enthusiastic noob

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Solo Queue is to GW2 what RA was to GW1. I don’t get why people don’t accept this.

Play teams or just stop QQing. It’s like saying “Whenever I drive my car there is always some idiot on the road speeding!” Yeah…..

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…