Is switching chars allowed in ESL ToL ?

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Can i start game with power necro, get blown apart, then switch to asura alt condi necro while im respawning?
Or do you have to finish the game with same character, and switch classes only between matches, not during? ty for answer

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

I’d say clever use of in game mechanics.
Someone may disagree and call for exploits though, not sure.

in PvP

Flumek.9043

I dont mean ingame mechanics, like switching for getting a elite always up or no spectator or pause or any other lacking features

im asking if theres such a rule on the organized tournaments, as it would basicaly allow to pull out if your risky zerker push failed, instead of being stuck with it. Dont get me wrong, I dont support it, i just wanna know if its allowed

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

I don’t believe so. Switching between matches is allowed but not during.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

Well with Mistpedia and how tournaments are normally run, rules apparently are there to just look pretty and don’t get enforced. So essentially you can do it and get away with it. They don’t have the kitten to ban anyone or enforce rules.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Nobody is that tryhard to abuse obvious mechanics such as instead of bleeding out on pt you relog on your char (assuming SSD) you will load faster with a fresh body faster than you would in regular respawn timer or making double of a character so you can double elite spam like using warbanner at start of a fight, die, relog into a different warrior char with a fresh banner.
edit: On the point of switching to a different class I don’t think it is allowed. (during the match, you can switch before match)

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

The short answer is: No. No you may not. At a DPS event, your team would be DQ’d that game.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

Posted by: Face.8957

Face.8957

ESL doesnt host ToL.

As for ESL tournaments its considered as “abuse of game mechanics” if you try to bypass respawn times. You can change classes in between matches but not during the match.

Abaddons Mouth
~Doing stuff for ESL~
@ESL_Face

in PvP

Flumek.9043

Ty all for answers. glad the rules exits.

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

it’s allowed only to Solo/TeamQ ))

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Mistpedia events also do not allow for switching characters mid-match. I’m not quite sure what Morfeus is referring to.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

Well with Mistpedia and how tournaments are normally run, rules apparently are there to just look pretty and don’t get enforced. So essentially you can do it and get away with it. They don’t have the kitten to ban anyone or enforce rules.

No clue where this is coming from. If you have an unresolved issue with our admin team please contact our events email (events@mistpedia.net). In regards to OPs question no it is not allowed, doing this would instantly DQ your team.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO