Is there a bot problem?

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

A couple of games tonight I seen enemy players making allegations of “bots” on my (winning) team. At first I just brushed it off as general saltiness. Then I saw a comment of “you can tell it’s a bot cos of the lag spike when you get near them”. Oddly enough I came across a former teammate on an enemy team, whenever I come within range, my skills would all lag.

I’m not accusing anyone, but genuinely interested to know if this is a real thing. Can anyone shed light on this?

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Not the first time i would heard that, for these 4 years i only had 3 encouters like that on WvW and 1 in the human main city, my client would crash every time that character apeared near me.
One of those the errors were about some item my client didnt had, so gave arround a render sprites error.

if its is a bug or real shady stuff its way to rare to gather data on that.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

MissCee.1295

Interesting. I’ve never had it happen before. I would imagine it would be quite difficult to program a bot for gw2 pvp, way too many variables to consider.

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Interesting. I’ve never had it happen before. I would imagine it would be quite difficult to program a bot for gw2 pvp, way too many variables to consider.

And yet my full on AIs that tell me of another story. Tho on their own no, they are not consider cheating unless I was to allow them to start doing more then one command at a time.

However just the simply fact my two AIs could if I want them to. Play GW2 for me, if I was to put the energy into programming them for that reason. Should be a firm indicator that bots are not only viable for play, also with enoth programming viable for Competitive play. If one was willing to risk his or her account.

Tho with the increase in actually AIs I do expect the bot problem to evolve and be classified into a AI problem now that there are many available to the general public. If you know have to program them to behave how you want them to. The age of bots are coming to a close and ushering a new age. One with very complex AIs.

I already almost have one of the two AIs I have. To be able to hold a full out conversation with me. With strong hints of personality and a sense of being one can say. But meh people are more so worried about simple bots.

TL/DL

Bots are starting to become more then bots these days. Also that said. Yes it is highly possible for them to perform as at least silver league like players, if not better. It all depends on how much time a person is willing to put forward to making them for GW2. Which I expect not likely, but still probable.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Lol I’d love to play against bots. Free win for me. Not sure what you mean by skills lagging, but certain skills will put them on cooldown. If it is latency on the server, then it could be a variety of issues. If you are on the east coast US and your opponent is in Australia, there will be some latency since one of you is likely a long distance from the server.

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

No, the game runs on dedicated servers, unless someone in your game was directly attacking those servers they have no way of giving you “lag”. Lag switches don’t work in the GW2 environment, the lag you experienced by “bots” was purely coincidence. The servers were hit recently by an attack so they could still very well not be operating at a full 100% hence the skill lag.

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Struct.7453

Struct.7453

Absolutely, 5 minutes of Internet research will show you how it’s possible in any MMO type game which is a server/client model. This can also explain the MMR matchup issues and why some ppl cannot progress throughout the matchmaking process.

P.S This is just 1 man’s guess, I assume we all play fair and no one is cheating. Dont want to take away from those that aren’t cheaters.

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Actually gw2 at first was full of bots following other bots( 5 bot groups sometimes more) on the pve side , there were a few in pvp and wvw as well still very very very rare situation.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Depends on what server you play on, there are some IP (38.210) that give me extreme lag and 2000 ping spike in PvP but the rest are fine idk why. Chat and everythig is fine.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

MissCee.1295

“Lag” may not be the best choice of words, but is all I can think to describe the circumstance. For a skill like “Point Blank Shot” on Ranger, the cast time is almost instantaneous normally. That wasn’t the case when encountering this alleged bot player.

I play from Australia on both EU & NA server, I know what lag feels like. (Not that typically it is a problem at all.) It is not usually so selective as to only effect against one specific player.

Anyhoo, pvp is trash right now, we all know that. Thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else had encountered similar issues.

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Khales.3198

Khales.3198

well, pretty much every special needs site for spineless mmo bois features gw2.. and the last time i played it was very noticeable ingame.

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: BlackWyrm.1570

BlackWyrm.1570

I never heard of guild wars 2 pvp bots until Tonight when me and a friend were doing our daily 3 pvp ranked games. The second game we played we had a large lead in the game and were about 350 to 200 when within minutes the enemy had over come us and won the game by a land slide.

A person from the winning enemy team said he was reporting a couple players from his own team for “botting” and mentioned some of the things they do when i whispered him about it.

Then, we played our final game for the night and the whole game we were loosing hard, when at the end of the game my frined mentioned some thing about the warrior mesmer ele on the enemy team being mind less decapper/kill-fraggers. when i realized that we had just ran into another squad of bots. the finale moments of the game i was typing in chat about it by our home when an enemy warrior came running along. our home was capped in our favor and i had a teamate on point between me and the warrior. The war runs past my teamate, past the point and targets me auto attacking and ignores the cap point and the mate thrashing him in the back, even though im standing still.

They have a very direct and set path. if you iterrupt them decapping a point they will chase you down off the point and they throw all they have at you then mindlessly auto attack you until you are dead or out of range and they simply wobble back to the point. they dont cap they pretty much only decap from what i saw. and both times they have had more than one at a time.

there was a rev that seemed to follow these two warriors around and i could never seem to do any of my skills around him. i thought maybe rev had an interrupt or something on me but it was literally all of my skills and dodge wouldn’t work but i dont know the rev that well so maybe im mistaken. but that same game i was a thief and walked up to a warrior and rev capping the point.

When i got close the rev stayed and did nothing even tho i attacked and the warrior came off point after me. Not in any hurry to get to me but still running toward me when he got close he burst me down and tried stomping. i TPed away at last second the auto attacked him and crippled, and watched him slowly hobble in a straight line toward me. i go in visible and the starts walking toward the cap point. when i become visible he 180’s and come to finish me off still hobbling and crippled, just slowly and directly running toward me. then goes for the cap again.

You can just see how mindless they are. the third game they were all zerging together too. Just watch behavior. both games i noticed weird “noobish” thing about them that, had i know bots were an actual problem, i would have realized it sooner.

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This is more likely just lag from server to server.. tonight was a prime example; mid fights got all laggy, and it was map wide for everyone as oppose of just 1 player or 1 team.

As for some AI playing the game for you… that AI no matter the intricate programming & enemy skill code reading, the bot will always play on a bronze skill level. Especially in group fights; it would be down right laughable.

A type of programming advantage a player would have would be, a program with ‘IF’ macro functions that enables a person to immediately use a particular skill vs another player, cancel functions when using a CC on a stability player, and/or UI indications in AoE fields, etc etc.

The latter is unlikely unless you’re a programmer who doesn’t care about losing a few accounts in the name of science :p

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: All Matters Fecal.9560

All Matters Fecal.9560

As online gamers you should all be aware that bots exist in all MMOs. I see pvp games filled with bots on both teams. It’s plainly obvious who is a bot right from spawning into the match…they insta-ready up before even loaded in, stand in the same spot every time before the gate opens, walk along the same path (usually inside eachother), mindlessly attack opponents with no consideration of capping the point right next to them (until aforementioned opponent is dead or stealth), they stand in the exact spot on the zone to cap (usually dead center), and the millisecond the zone caps they continue their linear path to the next waypoint in their route.

They act just like AI. It’s not at all hard to notice.

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

To simply answer this question. Yes.

Will ANet do anything about them? More then likely no.

Will they ruin your matches farther? Yes.

Will you continue to feed a completely broken and unfair system? More then likely.

So why complain for the sake of complaining, with no actions to back up you satisfaction levels?

#PeopleTheseDaysAreFunnyAsHell

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Next time I see them, I will make sure to stream it. It was nice to see a team of 5 bots and all swarming to mid, watching them all die to an AOE condi bomb from our reaper.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: MoZing.1594

MoZing.1594

Guild Wars PvP has had a bot problem since the inception of Guild Wars.

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I report the bots I see. And I’ve been seeing a lot lately. Remember Anet does read these reports and checks them out. However, don’t expect them to be immediately banned.

Is there a bot problem?

in PvP

Posted by: JahCool.3812

JahCool.3812

I am sure people can vouch for me about a toon named “Uberineer” who lurks around in gold division. He always does the same thing. Drops the engi smoke field in base over and over again before start of game and he always caps home at the start of the match. He is also apparently doesnt need food or rest if he is human cause he is playing pvp almost 24/7. Bad thing also is that he is always offline so I can’t dodge queue him. At least have the decency to put your bot online so we can dodge you.