Is this a lot of condi damage for one game?

in PvP

Posted by: Azikiel.1748

Azikiel.1748

Just made a few changes to my condi ranger build. Are these good numbers?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

To be perfectly honest, it doesnt say much. We would have to see the amount of kills and deaths also.

Ive had matches with~300k condi dmg and 12+ kills as a necro. And Ive had matches with 600k+ condi dmg and only 4 kills.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

What Yasi said.

You can also have high damage done, but if you don’t kill things, or apply sufficient pressure, that damage will have been in vain. Also, damage is the only aspect of combat. There’s also healing, cleansing, boon stripping/corruption, the million and one CCs that everyone gets etcs.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Looking at condi damage is great for a grin, but doesn’t really mean much in terms of overall performance. You can easily just zerg-follow teammates to rack up tons of damage and kills while losing the game or just get really high numbers in a game where you heavily outmatch the enemy team.

Making smart rotations, CCing enemies at the right time reviving allies, and knowing when to go or not go for secondary objectives can mean a lot more to helping a team win than damage alone.

P.s. Don’t play like the condi ranger I faced a few games back who desperately tried to 1 v 1 me when I was on Necro by dropping all their traps on me at once while my plague signet as up and ready unless you just really want to see how many condis you can stack on yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Just made a few changes to my condi ranger build. Are these good numbers?

Courtyard matches when Burn Guardians were a thing pre-HoT would see numbers over 1,000,000.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

That kind of damage output is for AoE condi, really. I don’t run LB as condi war, so my numbers generally aren’t that high, but I can turn single targets inside out really quickly. And if I’m watching home for a match the numbers will be significantly less, but barring a 3v1 pretty much nobody is taking that point.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Pls provide your build as well:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Seems to me you are playing a glass cannon-ish build seeing as both your health and self-healing numbers are very low. You could improve on that. The damage numbers seem okayish but honestly, you dont need that much.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.