Is this games sPvP any good?

in PvP

Posted by: the uprising.6317

the uprising.6317

I primarily wanted to play GW2 for the pvp, but I always like to play pve before to understand the gist of the game, maybe its because in most games you are FORCED to pve before you can pvp.

Well I was bored to TEARS from pve, like a Korean grinder is more addictive than GW2 PvE… Well I came back after quitting a month ago or so to try and get my character to 80 and found it literally impossible because everyone left so all DE’s are impossible to do.

So PvE is trash, how is the PvP, after looking around these forums, it doesn’t seem very good either, as it seems the devs only care about PvE. I mean is it competitive with the arena combat games out there? That’s my main concern that Anet is trying to do too much with GW2 and doesn’t do anything well, the game’s PvP will instantly fail if it isn’t of higher quality than the FREE TO PLAY pvp games out there.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

have u tried out guild wars 2’s sPvP before making this post?

in PvP

Posted by: the uprising.6317

the uprising.6317

in beta. I’m just wondering if the scene is dead

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

casually
- many people are still playing guild wars 2 ’s sPvP casually, for fun

competitively
- balance issues
- lack of competitive players
- match making issues
- etc

i think …
casually, gw2 spvp is doing okay. still got people playing everyday.

competitively, esports etc.
not good. many problems. not ready for esports or competitive scene.

but casually, good for laughs and sparring with guild members.

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

agreed. from a casual players point of view.. pvp is good. many people playing.

Competitively… not so good. match making in tournament play is very poor…. and there are huge balance issues… not too mention your stuck playing a certain build if you want to do well for some classes, big time FOTM builds in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

casually
- many people are still playing guild wars 2 ’s sPvP casually, for fun

competitively
- balance issues
- lack of competitive players
- match making issues
- etc

i think …
casually, gw2 spvp is doing okay. still got people playing everyday.

competitively, esports etc.
not good. many problems. not ready for esports or competitive scene.

but casually, good for laughs and sparring with guild members.

Pretty much this. The games pvp is fun and all. As he said though, on a competitve level it has quite a few issues they are going to need to work on.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

aye, plus, i think, kinda steep learning curve for competitive (tournament, arena) matches.

need better in game tutorials for tournaments game modes. those 5 vs 5 non hotjoin games.

5 vs 5, 8 vs 8 hotjoin games, casually, gw2 spvp is fine.

5 vs 5 solo arena, team arena. not good. needs lots of fixes.

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Its a lot of fun. I definitely suggest it. Go in and have fun! And you can do WvW to Kevel your character to 80 if PvE isn’t purely fast enough as well as crafting which is PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Blakish.8153

Blakish.8153

the pvp is casual and fun, i just wish they would make all types of builds viable for a class. id like to see a good warrior using physical abilities or the dagger in offhand for necro build. there are only 1-3 main builds per class in pvp that are good and others are decent but less efficient.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

PvP is in better shape than the PvP forums.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

To be honest. It should be a part of the minigame rotation….its not that different if you take skyhammer etc in to consideration.

in PvP

Posted by: Wranglerist.5489

Wranglerist.5489

PvP is in better shape than the PvP forums.

+1

The game gets so much better when you avoid these forums. Less whining, more gaming!

#ELEtism

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

spvp combat is soooo good, honestly nothing is better. It alone kept hundreds of people playing during some of the worst months on record. But with this new dec 10th patch, a new direction and seemingly new management the game is picking up and the players confidence is slowly being restored.

I look forward to the next year of Guild Wars 2 that’s for sure!

Also, I am a full blown PvP disciple but every now and then the living world content is reallllly fun and great to jump into even with my low level characters! If your looking for the pve players, that’s were they are (at least for the first few days after new content release)

p.s. I’m not sure what server you are on but the Anvil Rock mists are pretty full since dec 10.

IGN: Aussie Archer

(edited by aussieheals.6843)

in PvP

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

I really enjoy the pvp but I just had several mismatched soloQ games including one where someone quit right at start, and then even though we were only down by 10 points someone decided to purposely go afk. Things like this just totally make me rage. The interesting/fun nature of the pvp itself (barring uneven matches) is the only reason I keep playing. A simple fix like not allowing 4v5s to even begin would be such a huge boost to the experience.

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Depends how you play it. It’s not good if you play right way (sit in circle whole match and try to avoid fighting), but if you try to have fun it’s ok.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

It’s very fun. Play 5v5 hotjoins till you hit r20 and then join tournaments.