It’s NOT the PvP community!

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

I made a discovery! I need to share it.

So, you all have met these bad players who never stop to complain in the map chat how bad their team is and how they lose because of this. I call them “omg people”, because they start every their sentence with “omg”: “omg thief what are you doing, go far”; “omg war why no res”; “omg noob team”.

Yesterday I met and blocked 3 of them. The last one chose me for a target (since there was no thief in our team): “omg this ele does nothing, look at the scoreboard”. Well of course I had the least points on the scoreboard (100 I think), playing a staff bunker. Some of my points were for ressing him…Then “omg this game is lost” when the opposite team was leading 100 points in the middle of the game. We won.

After the game I happily blocked him and then I saw he has 17K achievement points! 17! K!

Then I looked at the other players blocked by me and realized that 90% of them are between 16 and 17K AP. And it hit me. It’s not the pure PvPers that trashtalk during a match. It’s the achievement points hunters.

And if you think about this, it makes sense. If you only PvP, you should accept the lost as something normal. You can’t get mad for every lost game, this would ruin your nerves. You most likely will accept the loss as a lesson and a way to improve. It’s different for AP hunters, because every lost game rides them off the next achievement chest. That’s why they go that mad.

This means AP hunters give bad name to the PvP community.
PvPers are innocent!
Well, almost.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

omg noobs only close mid!11

(Even tough we captured mid far succesfully, while 4 enemies just captured close)

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

If you were to us Cele D/D, you would receive less than half as much kittening.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Eyia Hellhide.7320

omg noobs only close mid!11

(Even tough we captured mid far succesfully, while 4 enemies just captured close)

omg Ik m8

Yes, but I love to play support and right now staff ele gives the best team support.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

You’re one meta behind! In Europe, staff bunker eles (and celestial staff eles) are a thing now. I like having one on my team if he plays well.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

You’re one meta behind! In Europe, staff bunker eles (and celestial staff eles) are a thing now. I like having one on my team if he plays well.

You are 1 meta ahead I guess. Staff is becoming more popular but there are probably 10 times more D/D eles than cele staff ones and about 100 times more than clerics.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

They seriously need to remove the in-game point system. Or revise it in a way where people aren’t looking up to it as a way of measuring skill or game contribution.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Eyia Hellhide.7320

They seriously need to remove the in-game point system. Or revise it in a way where people aren’t looking up to it as a way of measuring skill or game contribution.

I totally agree.

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

It does show game contribution to an extent. If you’re 8mins into a match and you notice a teammate/enemy still display 0 next to their name, you know something is clearly wrong. Either they were unfortunate to disconnect mid-match or actively did not manage to score a decap/cap/assist/ress/kill….Excluding that, the overall score doesn’t matter whether they’re on 200 or 20.

(edited by Akikaze.1307)

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I’ve made the discovery, that it’s mostly bad players that open their mouths the most…. nothing new though.

too bad the make people think the PvP-community is full of idiots… I play 99% pvp and I almost never say sth. stupid like that in chat. Mostly I try to be helpful. -.-°

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

It does show game contribution to an extent. If you’re 8mins into a match and you notice a teammate/enemy still display 0 next to their name, you know something is clearly wrong. Either they were unfortunate to disconnect mid-match or actively did not manage to score a decap/cap/assist/ress/kill….Excluding that, the overall score doesn’t matter whether they’re on 200 or 20.

These miniscule items does not outweigh the politically incorrect negativity players have against each other during the game. I rather they remove it entirely until something sound is in place.

A kill/death/assist tally and a capture/decap tally is a whole lot better. Even if some one has 0 kills, 4 deaths, 8 assists and 5 decapps (thieves). It will tell me he’s at least contributing. Everything else is determined by physically looking at the players and map rotations.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

A kill/death/assist tally and a capture/decap tally is a whole lot better.

I don’t know if this is really much better. Sadly I have seen too much double and triple caps or zerging 4v1. I fear with such a system in place that amount would even increase. So please just remove it.

in PvP

Posted by: caveman.2304

caveman.2304

i always know we’re going to lose the match when i have the most points on my team, it’s kinda depressing

in PvP

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

I completely agree. Certain builds, like read the wind rangers, have a really easy time racking up points by picking off weakened enemies from a safe range, and can easily amass points. Then they often talk smack to the people on their team with almost no points who are trying to get decaps or caps but for whatever reason aren’t winning the fights. It’d be better if it was just removed.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

in PvP

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Well, I believe that anyone who plays PvP is part of the PvP community. I don’t think you can rule out people who also play PvE.

However, it is fair to say that in your experience, people who also play PvE tend to be more toxic.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well, I believe that anyone who plays PvP is part of the PvP community. I don’t think you can rule out people who also play PvE.

However, it is fair to say that in your experience, people who also play PvE tend to be more toxic.

Dont you know?

You’re not allowed to have any acheivement points if you are a PvPer.

Just like you’re not allowed to earn any gold if you’re a WvWer.

Or do PvP and WvW if you’re a PvEr. Nope, not allowed. Did you go into WvW just for world exploration? Noob PvE wannabe!

in PvP

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

It’s not the players, pvp just beings out the toxicity in people. Every MMO that has pvp it’s always toxic, it’s not the community it’s just what competition does to the human race. Anything competitive is toxic, raiding speed clear instances all of it.

Personally I’ve found that hardcore pvpers are worse to deal with. In mapchat in heart some of them are okay and nice and willing to give advice but the second you hit unranked queue and get placed in a 5 man pug against his 5 man guild group run because matchmaking is complete kitten you get stomped like 500 to 10 or even 0.

The community in pvp would improve greatly if matchmaking was introduced and better queue options. Step 1 remove hotjoin, it’s crap and serves literally no purpose except to be toxic.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

They are though.

PvErs often like to cite how toxic the pvp community is. Yet, PvPers who have experience tend to be silent, unless they are attempting to get a rise out of people. A lot of people let their playing speak for them.

Ever seen someone link their first legendary in map chat? In happiness and celebration at how hard they worked? Only to see some other player or two link a bag of legendaries to diminish any sense of achievement. PvErs do this, not PvPers.

Ever seen people kicked for running a Runeset that isn’t meta even though they are running full zerker and have done a dungeon thousands of times? PvErs do this, not PvPers.

Ever seen players bug out an NPC on purpose to troll others? Such as Rox’s dialogue during the first week of the Tequatl revamp where people would die on purpose near her so Rox would cut any dialogue with people trying to get achievements/quest progression from her because she would immediately stop and rez said people. They would keep running over exploding corpses repeatedly doing this. PvErs were responsible, not PvPers.

Only a few examples among many. Sure, PvPers can be verbally harsher with their comments, but PvErs have just as much malice and practice it in different forms by actually hindering others in their game experience.

Since the beginning of the game 991 Days ago, I have met and made far nicer and more numerous friends in SPvP than PvE, and I am sure I am not the only one. So this tired and stupid stereotype that only PvPers are toxic needs to stop. Every single game mode has rotten people.

WvW tier 1 communities can be the worst by far though. I used to be on Tarnished Coast till a few months back, and honestly? Never have I seen people send in spies, break apart guilds and just go out of their way to ruin people’s play time in a video game than tryhards in WvW. (This also applies to Blackgate and Jade Quarry FYI, Blackgate being the most horrid of the three.)

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I completely agree. Certain builds, like read the wind rangers, have a really easy time racking up points by picking off weakened enemies from a safe range, and can easily amass points. Then they often talk smack to the people on their team with almost no points who are trying to get decaps or caps but for whatever reason aren’t winning the fights. It’d be better if it was just removed.

glassbows are also always last in points and pretty much dead all game if playing against a good thief.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

They are though.

PvErs often like to cite how toxic the pvp community is. Yet, PvPers who have experience tend to be silent, unless they are attempting to get a rise out of people. A lot of people let their playing speak for them.

Ever seen someone link their first legendary in map chat? In happiness and celebration at how hard they worked? Only to see some other player or two link a bag of legendaries to diminish any sense of achievement. PvErs do this, not PvPers.

Ever seen people kicked for running a Runeset that isn’t meta even though they are running full zerker and have done a dungeon thousands of times? PvErs do this, not PvPers.

Ever seen players bug out an NPC on purpose to troll others? Such as Rox’s dialogue during the first week of the Tequatl revamp where people would die on purpose near her so Rox would cut any dialogue with people trying to get achievements/quest progression from her because she would immediately stop and rez said people. They would keep running over exploding corpses repeatedly doing this. PvErs were responsible, not PvPers.

Only a few examples among many. Sure, PvPers can be verbally harsher with their comments, but PvErs have just as much malice and practice it in different forms by actually hindering others in their game experience.

Since the beginning of the game 991 Days ago, I have met and made far nicer and more numerous friends in SPvP than PvE, and I am sure I am not the only one. So this tired and stupid stereotype that only PvPers are toxic needs to stop. Every single game mode has rotten people.

WvW tier 1 communities can be the worst by far though. I used to be on Tarnished Coast till a few months back, and honestly? Never have I seen people send in spies, break apart guilds and just go out of their way to ruin people’s play time in a video game than tryhards in WvW. (This also applies to Blackgate and Jade Quarry FYI, Blackgate being the most horrid of the three.)

I play on TC, and honestly have never seen that. The only feeders you get are really in Edge of the Mists to feed bag farming teams.

As far as trolls in pve, I’ve yet to be kicked from anything pve and I tend to run either knight’s or Clerics and rarely run beserker. I’ve had more hard times in spvp then anything else in this game. That however is caused by ANET’s immensely kittenty matchmaking. The reality of the matter is SPvP is the least popular section of the entire game really. It’s matchmaking and balance is horrid that it’s driven off most people from it. New players do one or two matches in hotjoin and get driven off by the sheer trolls that is hotjoin.

You want to compare who has worse players compare to hotjoin, it’s 4/5 trolls on any given team. It’s horrible, and don’t defend it by saying crap like well its’ hotjoin it’s supposed to be that way. Or It’s for practice of course you’ll get trolls. Hotjoin is crap and possibly the largest source of immature toxic people in the game.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

They are though.

I play on TC, and honestly have never seen that. The only feeders you get are really in Edge of the Mists to feed bag farming teams.

As far as trolls in pve, I’ve yet to be kicked from anything pve and I tend to run either knight’s or Clerics and rarely run beserker. I’ve had more hard times in spvp then anything else in this game. That however is caused by ANET’s immensely kittenty matchmaking. The reality of the matter is SPvP is the least popular section of the entire game really. It’s matchmaking and balance is horrid that it’s driven off most people from it. New players do one or two matches in hotjoin and get driven off by the sheer trolls that is hotjoin.

You want to compare who has worse players compare to hotjoin, it’s 4/5 trolls on any given team. It’s horrible, and don’t defend it by saying crap like well its’ hotjoin it’s supposed to be that way. Or It’s for practice of course you’ll get trolls. Hotjoin is crap and possibly the largest source of immature toxic people in the game.

This is the exact point though ,our experiences differ completely. In fact the people I have met in hotjoin have been hilarious and fairly cool once you get to know them. PvE has left a hugely stale taste in my mouth partially due to its players.

It really can go either way.

And the TC thing you have to of been on the inside to know. I never really took a dedicated investment into the whole ‘politics’ of it, but I have been there and have friends who have had huge swathes of influence+secrets on this. It really is ridiculous how toxic such a thing is for a kitten videogame.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I made a discovery! I need to share it.

So, you all have met these bad players who never stop to complain in the map chat how bad their team is and how they lose because of this. I call them “omg people”, because they start every their sentence with “omg”: “omg thief what are you doing, go far”; “omg war why no res”; “omg noob team”.

Yesterday I met and blocked 3 of them. The last one chose me for a target (since there was no thief in our team): “omg this ele does nothing, look at the scoreboard”. Well of course I had the least points on the scoreboard (100 I think), playing a staff bunker. Some of my points were for ressing him…Then “omg this game is lost” when the opposite team was leading 100 points in the middle of the game. We won.

After the game I happily blocked him and then I saw he has 17K achievement points! 17! K!

Then I looked at the other players blocked by me and realized that 90% of them are between 16 and 17K AP. And it hit me. It’s not the pure PvPers that trashtalk during a match. It’s the achievement points hunters.

And if you think about this, it makes sense. If you only PvP, you should accept the lost as something normal. You can’t get mad for every lost game, this would ruin your nerves. You most likely will accept the loss as a lesson and a way to improve. It’s different for AP hunters, because every lost game rides them off the next achievement chest. That’s why they go that mad.

This means AP hunters give bad name to the PvP community.
PvPers are innocent!
Well, almost.

So your making a thread complaining about judgmental elitist who blame other people for problems. Just to go on and make prejudicial statements about APs? And you blindly claim players with a specific range of achievement points are bad people, or bad players, or have bad attitudes?

Hypocrite much?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in PvP

Eyia Hellhide.7320

So your making a thread complaining about judgmental elitist who blame other people for problems. Just to go on and make prejudicial statements about APs? And you blindly claim players with a specific range of achievement points are bad people, or bad players, or have bad attitudes?

Hypocrite much?

You shouldn’t take what I say too seriously…