It's because of Skyhammer farmers...

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

It is…
I liked the map when it came out but as soon as I found out about how you can easily gain glory/rank in it by the exploit, I knew it was already going downhill from there…
But who knows. maybe this change will be good, maybe it won’t. Im still undecided about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Sea.5732

Sea.5732

a-net would rather change the system completely instead of rolling them back. whose really in charge of this game >.<

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Let it die already.. what makes you guys think that everyone agrees we should spend effort tracking and rolling people’s rank back who participated in this?

You can’t exploit the current system for rapid rank point gains, as far as I’ve observed, so let’s just keep moving forward.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Sea.5732

well they’ve already said that they know “who and how much have exploited it”
so clearly the information is there already.

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

The current glory system was flawed really along with the rank system.

In every esport I watch they always reward based on skill, not time spent in the game. An example would be leagues in like starcraft (diamond league, etc) and ranks/ladders in league. These are based on how much you win and what not. Imagine if they rewarded these things based on how many games they played, regardless of what the players do. I’ve played against some rank 40+ and they were horrific. Ranks gave you some nice shinies for rewards, but beyond that they didn’t do anything. This new system they’re talking about sounds like ti will reward based on skill level, not time played.

Look at it this way, what do you think would be better for a game mode wanting to be an esport/competitve. Playing 9 million gajillion games in order to get the dragon finisher, or playing with an organized team and winning 30 games against the top teams to earn the dragon finisher. Plus it will be a lot better for streaming. Right now stream views are horrific. Now we may see “Ladder position 10+ solo que” and that will be much more impressive to watch and see how the top players play instead of seeing “rank 50 X class”. I know a lot of the guildies I play with think ranks take way too long to get, and represent nothing with player skill.

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

i love the more competitive side of GW2 pvp though I’ll easily say I’m not among the more skillful players. Im about an average player striving to get rewarded/ranks truly based on skill and contributing support to my team even if I’m not always jumping on every single player just to get rewarded, (which is getting changed, thank god) rather than time spent. Though, getting rewarded for how much time you put into it is nice for the Cassy G’s (Casual Gamers.)
I’m all for more organized/balanced teams vs an equal/similar rather than “some highs and some lows on a team” though when Anet made that change, it was a decent step in the right direction, but ranks do mean little now, sadly. and they’ll be non-existent after the future change to pvp glory and rank rewards. But you will be rewarded with a title or so that honors your progress u made in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Rank farmers were the minority. Aside from huge exploiters, I don’t want anet to waste time tracking these people down. At some point we just have to accept that it happened.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Sea.5732

exploiters should not be rewarded tho. it’s silly.

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

The current glory system was flawed really along with the rank system.

In every esport I watch they always reward based on skill, not time spent in the game. An example would be leagues in like starcraft (diamond league, etc) and ranks/ladders in league. These are based on how much you win and what not. Imagine if they rewarded these things based on how many games they played, regardless of what the players do. I’ve played against some rank 40+ and they were horrific. Ranks gave you some nice shinies for rewards, but beyond that they didn’t do anything. This new system they’re talking about sounds like ti will reward based on skill level, not time played.

Look at it this way, what do you think would be better for a game mode wanting to be an esport/competitve. Playing 9 million gajillion games in order to get the dragon finisher, or playing with an organized team and winning 30 games against the top teams to earn the dragon finisher. Plus it will be a lot better for streaming. Right now stream views are horrific. Now we may see “Ladder position 10+ solo que” and that will be much more impressive to watch and see how the top players play instead of seeing “rank 50 X class”. I know a lot of the guildies I play with think ranks take way too long to get, and represent nothing with player skill.

In the new system you will have to win 3 million games for that dragon finisher. They difference is skill I suppose

in PvP

Sea.5732

be nice for a dev to reply =(

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

And they’re still rewarding those who farmed their ranks cause making ranks fixed and deleting them only gives a permanent finisher they don’t deserve

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

all this change says to me is “jump in skyhammer and get bear before they remove it!”
i’ve grinded spvp too long to have it stolen away.

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Not just the skyhammer exploiters, Glory became completely worthless once the Bday booster came out and was giving 1000% glory instead of the intended 100% extra glory, people were earning 30k+ glory a 5min match because of this. Say you earned 500glory on average a match you were getting 50,000glory at the end of matches and they never rolled back the people who benefited from this the first day which was stupid. So you have some people with millions of glory that benefited from this that never had that glory taken from them. SS for proof

Attachments:

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

wow. So that explains why we’ll never get glory to gold conversion. There was never any action taken to rollback those numbers?

in PvP

Sea.5732

lmao sad, as if a-net even allows stuff like that and skyhammer farmers to happen.

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

The thing is glory has never been really useful and rank currently has pretty much no meaning as well – ill be sad about missing out on shark and whatever but either way the progression system so far wasnt very good.

I understand people cling to it because its the only thing we currently have but personally i’d rather see them attempt something different than this.

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Nope, they fixed the Bday booster after about a day but the damage was already done.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert