It simply isn't fair

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

3 times I was 1 win away from legendary and each and every time I was matched with Legendarys who didn’t try and didn’t take it seriously and againts Legendarys who tried and played their hearts out. Why? I really just want to know why this happened 3 times. No once, not twice , but 3 times? What All I want is this Legendary title so I can forever be DONE with this game. I’ll give all my gold away once I hit legendary because I will no longer play this game. I’m leaving for college this Fall which is why I won’t ever be playing this game ever again. But, I have to hit Legendary because it was the one last thing I set as a goal, guess you can say its my swan song. But, the game is unfair and forbids me to hit Legendary. I’ve been at T5 to t6 for 7 days and I finally hit T7 today. People who were tiers way below me were surprised I still hadn’t Legendary because I had a 71% win ration up until T6 Diamond. And those guys are Legendary now.
But, boy did I think after being 1 game away from the finally being done with this game I was gonna be so happy I finally got my Legendary now. However, the game is unfair and decided I should keep grinding a game as sad and pathetic as GW2.

(edited by Shovel Face.4512)

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Thomas Edison took over 200 tries to create the light bulb, surely you can take 4 tries to reach legendary.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Can I have your gold?

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Its too bad i havent seen kanto or RG on. We could just 4 man those last pips.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

Its too bad i havent seen kanto or RG on. We could just 4 man those last pips.

Yeah Kanto was actually on one of the teams that beat me when I needed 1 more game to legendary. Haha oh well. We should party up tho, basically just need a 3 game win streak and I’ll be DONE.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Thomas Edison took over 200 tries to create the light bulb, surely you can take 4 tries to reach legendary.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2013/03/21/why-thomas-edison-isnt-the-inventor-of-the-light-bulb

Sooo he should get a load of talented players to carry him and then take all the credit?

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2013/03/21/why-thomas-edison-isnt-the-inventor-of-the-light-bulb

Sooo he should get a load of talented players to carry him and then take all the credit?

spoiler: its what the rest of us already in legend are already doing

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Story of every famous person in history. As a scientist, knowledge builds on more knowledge, if you don’t respect that fact, you don’t deserve to be a scientist. Lucky for all those famous people, lot’s of dumb people love to worship others rather than join a collective effort to move society forward.

I’m realizing I’m way off-topic. And possibly grumpy… XD

On the topic, ya, don’t give up. Getting through diamond last season took me a bit of time. However, if you aren’t enjoying your games, you should probably stop playing. To me, last season when I was doing pvp, I enjoyed most of my games, it makes it less of a grind and more of a fun activity. Which I think gaming should be anyway.

Although, I understand the feeling of grind, I’m mostly doing hot-join now, because I don’t want to deal with the stress of ranked. It’s always funny when in hot-join you can spawn camp 1v3 with a longbow ranger. They keep coming out and dying before they get to me… I almost wanted to remind them there was another exit, but eventually they quit… of course after cussing a little. Either way, I barely do 2 matches a week now. So I don’t torture too many new players in hot-join.

Good luck with your journey to legend.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I gotta say you really have some bad luck lol

Attachments:

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: paShadoWn.5723

paShadoWn.5723

Life is a journey not a destination.

Everything is fair in love and war.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I gotta say you really have some bad luck lol

lol yeah i love drew, hes a great guy but those other guys ……………………………..

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Just something to add, im in t4 ruby and i saw shovel in a match and they won. He completely wrecked the thief on my team. He was in diamond, then he plays kanto another guy we team up with who plays rev/thief and he loses to kanto. In season 1 and 2 i didnt party up with shovel much but when i was with shovel, RG, and kanto we were winning a majority of the matches even with under powered classes.

It just brings into question this MM system. When i solo que i go on win steaks and losing streaks. When i party up with some friends who i know are good then we go on 5-10 game win steaks. Shovel is going threw that right now solo queing.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: paShadoWn.5723

paShadoWn.5723

It is a well known truth that if you do not premade you get throwers. And if you do, you get throwers later, when your friends are converted into throwers lel.
When C’tun said “your minions will abandon you” he wasn’t BSing, kids.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: ImperialWL.7138

ImperialWL.7138

I feel you, in the exact same situation as you win/lose/win/lose/win…..oh I win twice in a row? np you lose the next 1-2. Worst thing is I feel like there’s nothing I could’ve done better in the games that I lost, not having any form of control over the outcome is frustrating as kitten, and in the end all that it’s reduced to is luck, whether the MM system will put you on the less braindead team or not……

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Esonver.8470

Esonver.8470

I think you meant Ping Chen.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Ping Chen hammer rev is the new meta in legend haven’t you heard.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Esonver.8470

Ping Chen hammer rev is the new meta in legend haven’t you heard.

Condi Guard*
I keep getting matchmade into him 10 games in a row

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Attachments:

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Esonver.8470

Op plz

People need to reflect on their own gameplay instead of blaming their shortcomings on their teammates and the match making. People will blame everything else but themselves because they believe they can do no wrong. It is absolutely hilarious when the same 5 people who each complain about how their “MMR” is so low and how they get matched with bad teammates are put on the same team and when they lose, those same 5 people complain about each other. See how that works? This is not an issue of bad teammates or match making being rigged. This is an issue of YOU not being as good as you think you are. In the pictures below, you can see my win % in ranked PvP isn’t even close to 50%. You can also see that I didn’t even make it to legendary last season.

In one of my matches, I am matched with not 1 but 2 thieves making it a total of 3 thieves on my team. You can also see that we were 4 Rubys and 1 Diamond and the other team had 4 diamonds and 1 Ruby. You can also see that this game came down to the wire. So based on many individuals assumptions that MM favors one team over the other, my team should not have won this game right? Well we won because we outplayed them. Simple as that.

Now I’m currently in Diamond with a 73% win rate. And you can see from my match history that my matches are not complete blowouts.

It’s time to stop making excuses and blaming teammates or the matchmaking for your losses. It’s time to accept that you are not as good as you think you are. It’s been 3 seasons and you’re still crying about bad teammates and bad matchmaking. When it’s been that long, you have no one else to look at but yourself.

Common complaints I here about PvP:

“My teammates are bad, they don’t know how to rotate”
- It’s been 3 seasons, if you’re telling me you are being match with people who truly and honestly do not know how to rotate, that says a lot about YOUR skill level.
- Maybe they did rotate, but the other team rotated too. The opposing team is not a robot, they know how to rotate too.

“I’m always being matched with bad teammates”
- Again, this goes back to the whole “accepting you are not as good as you think you are” Because those “bad” teammates could be calling YOU a bad player.

“Matchmaking favors one team over another”
- Who tf cares what the MM favors!! Outplay the competition and you will be fine. And if they out play you, IT IS OK. Nobody wins every game. And when you lose, learn from it.

I find it funny when you think you’re good just because you got carried to Diamond in Season 3.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Sparks The Rescue.5043

Sparks The Rescue.5043

The mic drop heard around the world.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

poor boy he get matched against legendary while 1 pip to legend… i’m getting matched against legendary in diamond tier 2, with 2 ruby teammates!!! what i should say? if the matchmaking decides that you have to lose that match, there’s nothing you can do about it

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Chin up, buddy! There’s only place for 5 players on the favored team no matter what the division is.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yup! But know that the shoe is on the other foot it’s different in his eyes. GG Shovel Face.4512 and now I will comeince with copying and pasting what you said to us long time ago……..

People need to reflect on their own gameplay instead of blaming their shortcomings on their teammates and the match making. People will blame everything else but themselves because they believe they can do no wrong. It is absolutely hilarious when the same 5 people who each complain about how their “MMR” is so low and how they get matched with bad teammates are put on the same team and when they lose, those same 5 people complain about each other. See how that works? This is not an issue of bad teammates or match making being rigged. This is an issue of YOU not being as good as you think you are.

I don’t know man, maybe you should take your own advice! Funny how stuff like this work right? Don’t feel to bad I have a GW2 sPvP buddy who feels the same way as you till the shoes is on the other foot then throws a kitten fit on TS.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Looks like someone took an arrow to the knee.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yup! But know that the shoe is on the other foot it’s different in his eyes. GG Shovel Face.4512 and now I will comeince with copying and pasting what you said to us long time ago……..

People need to reflect on their own gameplay instead of blaming their shortcomings on their teammates and the match making. People will blame everything else but themselves because they believe they can do no wrong. It is absolutely hilarious when the same 5 people who each complain about how their “MMR” is so low and how they get matched with bad teammates are put on the same team and when they lose, those same 5 people complain about each other. See how that works? This is not an issue of bad teammates or match making being rigged. This is an issue of YOU not being as good as you think you are.

I don’t know man, maybe you should take your own advice! Funny how stuff like this work right? Don’t feel to bad I have a GW2 sPvP buddy who feels the same way as you till the shoes is on the other foot then throws a kitten fit on TS.

To be fair, I’m not mad about matchmaking, I’m mad about those a**holes who decided to Q up ranked knowing they weren’t gonna put in their maximum effort. See the difference? It’s not matchmakings fault that they decided to pair me with players who weren’t going to try because those players could have been on the other team too. And it’s not like those guys were bad players too, MM can’t gauge whether a player is going to put in their maximum effort or not. Hell I had a Legendary player on my team who said he was high and drunk and I bet you can guess how that match turned out. It is what it is.

(edited by Shovel Face.4512)

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

So, what you mean is, you failed with your statement mentioned above. It’s nobodys fault that they get teamed up with someone.
It’s a problem of the system. And this season no one is carrying you. Welcome to the real world.
You are either the living proof that the mmr system is stupid and it’s not a “get good” problem or you are too bad to reach legendary without some carrying you

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

So, what you mean is, you failed with your statement mentioned above. It’s nobodys fault that they get teamed up with someone.
It’s a problem of the system. And this season no one is carrying you. Welcome to the real world.
You are either the living proof that the mmr system is stupid and it’s not a “get good” problem or you are too bad to reach legendary without some carrying you

Lol what? I did in fact reach legendary this season 97% solo Q. And like I said, you can’t blame the MM because it cannot possibly gauge whether a player will put in effort. This can be said with ANY online PvP game.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Esonver.8470

If you can’t blame the MM, why are you complaining here?

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

That’s what I was thinking myself, lol.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Because he is complaining about the set up of the PvP league system.

I dont believe in the drop of divisions but there is nothing rewarding in legendary that makes you WANT to get to the leg 2,3,kitten your getting players who are not at 100% mental stability and maybe other players trying 5 trap DH type of situations.

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

No angry Pip Memes?

It simply isn't fair

in PvP

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

You lost 3 games because of bad team mates. How many did you won because enemie had bad team mates? Well your perception seems very biased.