Its Not Warrior's Problem, Its Your Problem.

in PvP

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

who is that?

in PvP

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

ugh my god I despise twitch and it’s blatant commercialization. Remember the internet when you clicked on something and you weren’t bombarded by a bunch of garbage.

in PvP

BobbyT.7192

ugh my god I despise twitch and it’s blatant commercialization. Remember the internet when you clicked on something and you weren’t bombarded by a bunch of garbage.

dat esports

Edit: actually i can’t, always had to get add blockers to stop 80% of pop ups, if it wasn’t that, then adds were built in the site that go from “meh not paying attention,” to “why is this car blocking my page -.-”

(edited by BobbyT.7192)

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

You linked me a hotjoin video I mean what else is there to say. I so want to curse you out for making me waste 2 mins of my life. Might as well Rick Roll me at this point.

in PvP

BobbyT.7192

You linked me a hotjoin video I mean what else is there to say. I so want to curse you out for making me waste 2 mins of my life. Might as well Rick Roll me at this point.

You asked, i delivered.

in PvP

Posted by: StugLyfe.2134

StugLyfe.2134

Why do you think this guy is the top warriors in this game? Matter of fact none of these self proclaimed top warriors impress me much. It looks like he’s pretty decent and joined a Spvp hot join where he faced sub par opponents that who were not good at all. I am sure we have all had “Great” games. The prob with Warrior is that there are only a couple decent specs and even these specs can be outperformed by numerous classes. There is a reason why most top teams don’t have a warrior.

I think two changes that can impact this class are to make a couple weapons add more then one condition type and Make a trait that REMOVES condition on movement skill use.

(edited by StugLyfe.2134)

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

http://www.twitch.tv/tarcisanastasis/c/2349316
http://www.twitch.tv/tarcisanastasis/c/2347311

looks like you guys did not understand well in PVP community, well just back to topic because I feel this sentence is interesting.

In both of those videos, a Engineer could have done it faster and more effectively without the threat of turning up dead. It is a show of good timing not of how good the Warrior class is in sPvP. As anyone in any class can vulture two low health targets. Not to mention they had already blown all of their utilities/heals in the previous fight.

The quote is nothing more than self arrogance common among Warriors who think they are hot stuff for getting some kills in Hot Joins. Much like the Thief in WvW who thinks he is awesome for doing nothing but going into stealth every 4 seconds while having 10 people chase him.

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

ohh man it’s the guy that ran that double war team with schwar or the other way around months ago lol kill me please

in PvP

zone.1073

ohh man it’s the guy that ran that double war team with schwar or the other way around months ago lol kill me please

I haven’t played vs Anas Tarcis recently but he was…ok. I applaud him for his effort in trying different things though.

in PvP

Posted by: Fourth.1567

Fourth.1567

Agreed but wow has the game digressed. Looks like the warrior is becoming more like other classes with less counterplay. Long bow burst skill covering way more than a point now? Is that really the ideal change to help buff the weapon? I mean really…

in PvP

zone.1073

Agreed but wow has the game digressed. Looks like the warrior is becoming more like other classes with less counterplay. Long bow burst skill covering way more than a point now? Is that really the ideal change to help buff the weapon? I mean really…

No no, all warriors are pretty much the same as 3 months ago (greatsword, berserker’s amulet, focusing on cleaving targets). My warrior is just very weird, and can seem overwhelming to opponents because they aren’t used to fighting against my build.

Anas Tarcis is another weirdo who tries out new things. We are one of the only warrior players who still experiment with builds in tournament pvp regularly.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

what do you mean? longbow has always been like that

in PvP

zone.1073

I agree though, longbow’s burst does have its shining moments.

vs Cruuk + Sataarcoeny:

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

AlBundy.7851

that first video was epic even though it was 3 warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

thank you for wasting my time

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

I’ve been around long enough to see the “unplayable” classes of yesterday become the “game breaking” classes of tomorrow so many times that I tend to agree with statements like this, but as the meta becomes more and more established, the way that we view balance begins to differ slightly.
There’s no doubt that Anas tarcis is a pretty well known/well respected warrior in the sPvP community, and he is part of a handful of elite players that have actually pushed the class to it’s limits in terms of innovation and testing (no one even thought of playing lb till tsts ran it with 5 warriors and started winning lol). I respect him and his opinions, but I must disagree, because as the meta has become more solidified and more sub-roles arise, I can begin to see how strained warrior is in its ability to fit into these sub roles (bunker roamer far push, burst roamer home def, aoe cleave team fight roamer, support bunker, side bunker, bunker, bruiser roamer, ect…).
Warrior must be able to compete within one of these sub roles. It used to be able to fit into the “aoe cleave teamfight roamer” sub role (remember Team Cute?), but since quickness nerf, it’s more effective to just bring an aoe condi class like trap ranger or HGH engi instead of filling that role. For every other roamer sub-role, BS thief and ele just do it better.
I’m sure Anas tarcis can out perform most ele’s/thieves as a roamer, but against people of equal skill level he will be held back by the limitations of his class. -just my two cents.

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

in PvP

Zodian.6597

I agree though, longbow’s burst does have its shining moments.

vs Cruuk + Sataarcoeny:

ps like the vids! -keep those uploads comin ;p

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: Gmtsai.6349

Gmtsai.6349

I’ve been around long enough to see the “unplayable” classes of yesterday become the “game breaking” classes of tomorrow so many times that I tend to agree with statements like this, but as the meta becomes more and more established, the way that we view balance begins to differ slightly.
There’s no doubt that Anas tarcis is a pretty well known/well respected warrior in the sPvP community, and he is part of a handful of elite players that have actually pushed the class to it’s limits in terms of innovation and testing (no one even thought of playing lb till tsts ran it with 5 warriors and started winning lol). I respect him and his opinions, but I must disagree, because as the meta has become more solidified and more sub-roles arise, I can begin to see how strained warrior is in its ability to fit into these sub roles (bunker roamer far push, burst roamer home def, aoe cleave team fight roamer, support bunker, side bunker, bunker, bruiser roamer, ect…).
Warrior must be able to compete within one of these sub roles. It used to be able to fit into the “aoe cleave teamfight roamer” sub role (remember Team Cute?), but since quickness nerf, it’s more effective to just bring an aoe condi class like trap ranger or HGH engi instead of filling that role. For every other roamer sub-role, BS thief and ele just do it better.
I’m sure Anas tarcis can out perform most ele’s/thieves as a roamer, but against people of equal skill level he will be held back by the limitations of his class. -just my two cents.

Totally agreed with you, I still think warrior sucks because they are too easy to get focused, but Anas Tarcis changed my mind (kind of). Nice paragraphs there to share everyone about the meta in this community now.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

hey , i use LB in pvp since forever when ever i use condition build or feel like some aoes, i never watch tournaments video, nor i care. so don’t talk like everyone use LB because some guy win some matches with LB. it’s not hard to choose LB since theres only 2 long range weapon for warrior.

@above idk about you, but playing as an asura is not something special enough to change mind, that race is simply op.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Clearly this statement is wrong. Warrior is an ok class at it’s best, yet every other class can counter the warrior and outperform the warrior in every way. If you are insanely skilled, you might be able to feel balanced as a warrior vs other classes, then you grab another class and you just face roll everyone. I felt the same way, when I used main my warrior I was like Wow warrior is ok I win some loose some is a lot of fun people just don’t know how to play warrior!~ Then I decided to spvp as Guardian, not knowing wtf I was doing or have a real build or set up I was able to face roll over everything, I felt overwhelmed if I even died more than once per 10 matches…once I started actually building him and using him property I felt like my warrior was a foot soldier shooting RPGs randomly at my Guardian who felt like an AC-130…

I don’t even want to mention how I felt when I played all the other classes, except necro I have never touched one!

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Ill say this Only once a warrior can be awsome if hes babysat and the team is built around him , If not then no point bringing a warrior …. End of story move along nothing to see here

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Enmity.3428

Enmity.3428

(no one even thought of playing lb till tsts ran it with 5 warriors and started winning lol).

I agree with much of the rest of your post but this ^ is complete pish.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Nothing new about Longbow builds.. It doesn’t make warrior any less bad. Sure, a warrior can do well, any class can really. The point is, why try when you can do well so much easier on another class?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Like everyone else stated. Sure I can do good on Warrior, but I can just play another class. Do better and it’s easier.

So yes warrior is the problem, and needs help. Only why I even play warrior more then my other classes in pvp is because I enjoy the play style.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

zone.1073

In those videos, you see a warrior performing ok, but the effort-to-results ratio is way off. The warrior in the videos is putting in 200% effort to land skills, evade skills and time everything perfectly, and still the warrior struggled. While other classes are able to get away with making mistakes, the warrior cannot afford to make any mistakes at all or he’ll just outright die.

The reason the warrior was able to survive for so long vs 2 or 3 opponents even, was because the warrior is forced to perform at 200% effort at all times. And still that wasn’t enough to win those encounters without some assistance from teammates. There are some serious flaws in the warrior class. If an experienced warrior player is struggling that much, imagine how it is for average players or beginners. It’s a nightmare.

Watch Hman during the EU tournaments and you’ll see that it is true; even the most experienced warrior players are not allowed to make even the smallest mistake, and they struggle against other classes extremely. As a warrior, everything is a very uphill battle.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Respect to all warriors in the world.

But if the most game breaking build we managed to create right now is longbow/greatsword… well, we are no where near elementalists IMHO.

I for myself am trying to get rid of berserker’s amulet, using Soldier and gaining damage stats from traits, banners and a signet. I sacrifice a stunbreaker, but I last much more, and deal damage comparable to the one of a glass cannon.

Something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJATRjcO9uZPCPMRCEjiiAIuMAQmQfoNSFCDA-ToAA1CnIKSVkrITRyisFNsYZB

But I’m still struggling to find a place: In group, over a point, I can be dreadful, stacking up to 25 stacks of might, dealing massive amounts of damage while taking a lot before going down. In other fights I have more issue, but it may be about me being bad.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: StugLyfe.2134

StugLyfe.2134

Any team is gonna know what kind of dps he puts out and he’s gonna get cc’d / focused / Dead right away. The prob is warrior has no diversity at all, no effective diversity at least.

in PvP

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

this doesnt impress me at all. hes using frenzy and 100B. Its so easily countered its kind of sad. If he was a complete top tiered TPVPer maybe I would respect him.

in PvP

redslion.9675

You can use 100 Blades to keep enemies off a point, effectively covering your teammates and cleaning up from every minion/clone/phantasm/turret.

And MAYBE to prevent people from reviving: if you don’t have enough time to stomp, there’s a chance 100 blades might be able to nullify the ress attempt. Not sure about that, though.

in PvP

Zodian.6597

In those videos, you see a warrior performing ok, but the effort-to-results ratio is way off. The warrior in the videos is putting in 200% effort to land skills, evade skills and time everything perfectly, and still the warrior struggled. While other classes are able to get away with making mistakes, the warrior cannot afford to make any mistakes at all or he’ll just outright die.

The reason the warrior was able to survive for so long vs 2 or 3 opponents even, was because the warrior is forced to perform at 200% effort at all times. And still that wasn’t enough to win those encounters without some assistance from teammates. There are some serious flaws in the warrior class. If an experienced warrior player is struggling that much, imagine how it is for average players or beginners. It’s a nightmare.

Watch Hman during the EU tournaments and you’ll see that it is true; even the most experienced warrior players are not allowed to make even the smallest mistake, and they struggle against other classes extremely. As a warrior, everything is a very uphill battle.

Effort – Result balance is something Anet has said they don’t like to consider when balancing for GW2, they focus on result over effort. I think I can remember multiple devs saying things like “we want new players to be able to compete with veterans” -I believe this was why BS thief didn’t get nerfed back in like October for example. A lot of people criticized them for saying everything was L2P issues at launch -in terms of balance.
It’s something game designers struggle with a lot these days, the idea is to minimize complexity without diminishing depth. In combat this translates mostly to cheese builds and passive abilities like signets -this allows us to play with lower skilled gamers such as our grandparents without too much frustration.

I think there’s an extracredits video on youtube about it titled something like “complexity vs depth” that is worth checking out if you’re bored.

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

And MAYBE to prevent people from reviving: if you don’t have enough time to stomp, there’s a chance 100 blades might be able to nullify the ress attempt. Not sure about that, though.

100b downed enemies should be muscle memory in team fights. Work those fingers.

Also this thread is dumb, although the points raised by zone are completely valid.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Sounds just like a typical day for a necromancer.
Having said that, warriors are the sole class I’m never afraid of engaging (start-on) on my nec, and that speaks volumes.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

As soon as the Warrior is spotted, he is dead meat. Ever lose a 1 v1 to a Warrior when you got better with your class? If you did, then you were playing with one hand. Dodge their super telegraphed initial burst, and it’s an even greater up hill battle for them.

in PvP

Posted by: TRoopEr.5364

TRoopEr.5364

Warrior’s problem is that you are forced to take sertain utilities.

w/o balanced stances – you are cc-d till death and can’t land a hit.
w/o frenzy you are too slow and can’t excute fast dmg that difficult to be evaded
w/o bull’s charge you can’t execute well combo properly or even if you can it won’t be enough w/o it
w/o endure pain you would die to any opponent trying to tunnel you.

www.guildwars2pro.com – Leagues and tournaments.

www.twitch.tv/qqtrooper34

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Warrior’s problem is that you are forced to take sertain utilities.

w/o balanced stances – you are cc-d till death and can’t land a hit.
w/o frenzy you are too slow and can’t excute fast dmg that difficult to be evaded
w/o bull’s charge you can’t execute well combo properly or even if you can it won’t be enough w/o it
w/o endure pain you would die to any opponent trying to tunnel you.

and without shake it off AND the signet that cures condis you’ll die to conditions
there are too many “must have”s that you can’t take them all.

the warrior is playable, and can own it up in hotjoin, but in a game where you can pick any class why would you pick the class that can do “ok” when you could pick a class that is better at what you plan to use it for?

in PvP

redslion.9675

Also this thread is dumb, although the points raised by zone are completely valid.

I know, I know, I just wasn’t sure 100 blades was enough to nullify a ress attempt.

However, I’m starting to think you can live without balanced state. BUT you have to increase your defensive stats by a lot (with 2700 armor and 25k health I can’t be ccd to death), and then gain damage stats by other means. AND you need ranged weapons in some fights.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I know, I know, I just wasn’t sure 100 blades was enough to nullify a ress attempt.

However, I’m starting to think you can live without balanced state. BUT you have to increase your defensive stats by a lot (with 2700 armor and 25k health I can’t be ccd to death), and then gain damage stats by other means. AND you need ranged weapons in some fights.

HB will stall a res for the stomp, meanwhile you’re putting out DD like no other class. Most guardians will usually use an internal or external CD to knock you back, making balance stance useful to have around.

My advice, as someone who agrees to a point with the OP, is if you want to be successful with warrior.

A. Don’t compromise on dps. Every 5% here and there counts so min max.
B. dodge everything
C. Not always best to run cc, predict where they’re going and 100b 1v1, in team fights use other classes cc. They’re better at it.. BC is still good for an interrupt/eviscerate, primarily for mobility IMO. EP is compulsory if the opposing team has any significant direct damage.
D. Eviscerate is your friend, landing it will win you the fight vs all glass even if they’re good. Especially mesmers/thieves (valks eles with frenzy)
E. although I’m aware some players utilise bows well, I’m not sure on their role still and certainly range wouldn’t benefit me red.

I think classes with high dps should be unforgiving. The deal with conditions at the moment is that there are a few (usually necro related) scenarios where even with flawless (individual) play, you’re going down. The amount of times I’ve seen a group swap to pure condi roamers to try and shut me out isn’t funny. I shouldn’t be forced into a different class to preform the same role at the start of a game, even if the current class will never be optimal..

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

redslion.9675

Without survivability, warriors die incredibly easily.

My objective is to create a warrior with high defensive stats without sacrificing much.

running this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJATRjcO9uZPCPMRCEjiiAIuMAQmQfoNSFCDA-ToAA1CnIKSVkrITRyisFNsYZB I have all the bonu damage I can find, having 70% crit chance and 35% crit damage.

Do you think I should use Eagle runes to get +8% crit damage?

This way I can stand in group fights and dealing high damage without falling in a matter of seconds. I thinki this way I may be more adaptable and not being useful only as carry.

And longbow makes me more able to win small scale fights against enemies than evade.

in PvP

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

In my eyes, warriors can be amazing, but it takes a very specific spec and a lot of skill, while most other classes can accomplish whatever the warrior is trying to do, without as much coordination and skill, AND do more.

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

http://www.twitch.tv/tarcisanastasis/c/2349316
http://www.twitch.tv/tarcisanastasis/c/2347311

looks like you guys did not understand well in PVP community, well just back to topic because I feel this sentence is interesting.

Seems someone is into making threads just to get their twitch streams extra views…

The thief was probably on his first or second game in TPvP.
He sat through bull’s rush AND a full second and a half of hundred blades… before using that sword instant untargeted teleport…
The only thing he ever did for dmg was spam 3 or auto attack…
Yet he would give the warrior allot of trouble 1v1…

The video had a non-cantrip staff ele… common man… WFT…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

The video had a non-cantrip staff ele… common man… WFT…

I know a guy who’s rank <100 and is a staff ele. He wrecks kitten hard, and plays with some big name teams from time to time. Don’t disrespect the staff man

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter