Its stupid teams must have a mesmer....

in PvP

Posted by: Aldizi.5671

Aldizi.5671

Portal and Timewarp.. = must have thats dumb buff mesmer and kill those abilities. Thats why teams are fustrated and not enough people making teams its because you need a good mesmer you have to have it and alot of people dont like to play it.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Teams also pretty much have to have a guardian and elementalist.
heck you see teams running double ele’s frequently these days.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Portal is getting shared with other classes and other classes have quickness/haste but with drawbacks because they are not elites. Stop whining and figure out how to counter. Sick of it… Srsly.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Vision.3541

Vision.3541

Portal is getting shared with other classes and other classes have quickness/haste but with drawbacks because they are not elites. Stop whining and figure out how to counter. Sick of it… Srsly.

This guy is everywhere oh my god.
If every team right now needs mesmers because only they get portal, wheres the counter here?!?!?!

in PvP

jportell.2197

Did you miss the broadcast saying portal is gonna get shared? And yeah I am everywhere sorry but I hate when people feel it necessary to single out a class for no reason.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Vision.3541

Vision.3541

Did you miss the broadcast saying portal is gonna get shared? And yeah I am everywhere sorry but I hate when people feel it necessary to single out a class for no reason.

Doesnt matter if it is, were talking about right now. Right now, no one else has portal so thats another problem

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

I feel your pain. No one likes preachers and apparently ANET is simply telling us that we have to have a Mesmer. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes to be honest.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

Actually in late metagame, some teams allready switched from mesmer to ranger..

in PvP

jportell.2197

^Because players determine meta game not developers. The number of combinations with every class for builds are really limitless people are just so narrow minded

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

daydream.2938

^Because players determine meta game not developers. The number of combinations with every class for builds are really limitless people are just so narrow minded

The number of viable specs isnt nearly limitless.

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

This just in: you don’t! Be creative, run what you like to play and make it work. Look at PZ for example. They all play classes they enjoy, and it just so happens that not one of them is a Mesmer.

in PvP

jportell.2197

The number of viable specs isnt nearly limitless.

Viable is a matter of perspective and possible with all classes just depends on traits armor skills weapons and runes. Now that being said some classes need balanced within themselves before being balanced between each other.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

This just in: you don’t! Be creative, run what you like to play and make it work. Look at PZ for example. They all play classes they enjoy, and it just so happens that not one of them is a Mesmer.

Yup, they don’t run a mesmer or any kind of bunker and are beating everyone in NA.

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Perhaps that says more about NA than about their builds. /shrug

I fully support trying out different things…but all the tedius armor and weap making (hello templates?) made it a real annoyance to change new things, not to mention rerolling a (new) character starts you off in pveland first. One either has to be really bored, or genuinely wishing to try sth new.
Wish build changing would have been as simple as on GW…

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i’d have np if they completely removed portal from pvp and replaced by something else (something useful and not a ******* utility no1 will ever use) but nerfing tw, a skill that lasts 10sec and has a 2 years CD is just NO…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

i’d have np if they completely removed portal from pvp and replaced by something else (something useful and not a ******* utility no1 will ever use) but nerfing tw, a skill that lasts 10sec and has a 2 years CD is just NO…

If you compare TW in terms of CD, duration and the fact that it’s AoE with other Quickness-Skills, you’ll soon realize TW is reaaaally good.

- CD is 3 1/2 times higher than most quickness-skills, lets go as far as saying 4 times as high.
- The Duration is double
- It’s AoE
- It has no Drawback like most Quickness-Skills

—> So if just 2 People stand in the Time-Warp, it’s already better than most Quickness-Skills, just in terms of how much Quickness you get per Minute.

BUT; there is also no Drawback to it and it’s often more likely that 3+ ppl will benefit of the Time Warp….

But the real Problem isn’t even TimeWarp – it’s the Portal. If you play without a Portal, you play with 1 Teammember less maybe like 50% of the game. You can’t have a Node-defender that just has to stand on your Point without doing anything all game long and expect to win Teamfights when the other Team has 1 more Player (but they still have their Point secured with a Portal). It’s also almost impossible for the Node-defender (without Portal), to roam around, because good Teams will realize that he’s not on the Point and just get a freecap.

I really like the Portal though, it gives much depth to the game for both attackers and defenders, it is extremely versatile and just an awesome skill. I just don’t like the fact that it forces every competetive Team to play a Mesmer. Just give 1-2 other classes a Portal and it’ll be fine.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Did noone here read the transcripts from the live stream with devs in short

“Mesmer portal is giving us problems looking at giving it to other classes”

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Why complain about meta. If you have problem when other teams playing with mesmer, then put a mesmer in your own setup. Same if you complain about the bunker eles…
Just get on with it.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

In Pretend Forum Meta Land, Meta chases you.

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

If you played gw1 and watched [Boo] getting gold-cape, then you see how meta works.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: arutayro.9764

arutayro.9764

hmmm, always the complainingss about the mesmer. and always the spec. complaining about the clones and our portal.
same kitten everywhere! Deal with it

[pwny] Lynshin
Lvl 80 Mesmer
Whitesideridge

in PvP

Posted by: arutayro.9764

arutayro.9764

They should NOT become personal. Its the game mechanic and in tPVP it is something like a support-skill. And sPVP is called STRUCTURED PvP, so you also have to plan where to place the portal!

[pwny] Lynshin
Lvl 80 Mesmer
Whitesideridge

in PvP

XiL.4318

They should NOT become personal. Its the game mechanic and in tPVP it is something like a support-skill. And sPVP is called STRUCTURED PvP, so you also have to plan where to place the portal!

But but but….

Yeah, no. Portals break the game mechanics by forcing a class into a single role that outweighs the potential point generation of all other classes.

Team points come from standing on the circles the longest. Sure you have other small bonuses, but keeping the circles the same color as your armor is how you win. Any mechanic that shaves large amounts of travel time will drastically increase your team’s ability to stand in those circles, and therefor, breaking the intended mechanics.

So save yer nonsense. The Devs know team portals on only one class was a mistake. They are looking in to how to fix it. It is one of the few class specific things they have been willing to say is overpowered. You should embrace the reality of this and start learning new ways to be useful as a mesmer aside from being the portal kitten with might shatters when the cooldown is rdy. Mesmer has a huge pile of support tools. They don’t need a game breaking team teleport on top of them.

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

However they cannot change portal if they are not able to fix general mobility problems with elementalist. When they remove portal from the game its not possible to counter bunker elementalist anymore…their mobility is just much higher than from any other class, which forces minimum 1 person to defend the close point while the elementalist is possible to roam and support over the entire map.

in PvP

XiL.4318

However they cannot change portal if they are not able to fix general mobility problems with elementalist. When they remove portal from the game its not possible to counter bunker elementalist anymore…their mobility is just much higher than from any other class, which forces minimum 1 person to defend the close point while the elementalist is possible to roam and support over the entire map.

Nothing about this is true or rational.

Thief can melt bunker ele while rolling super high mobility builds. So can Mesmer. Necro and Guardian can also easily push Ele of point or kill them outright depending on the build you use. Bunker ele are hard to kill if you let them read you and counter everything you do. But if you are patient and don’t faceroll the keyboard and rambo at them, you can beat them at their own game with most any other class.

You really should stay away from the forums. Most of the information you find here is false or misleading.

in PvP

Posted by: OneArmedBandit.7936

OneArmedBandit.7936

I genuinely hope ArenaNet isn’t considering sharing portal with over-represented, and highly mobile professions.

Durrrrr [EU]

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Agree with HPLT. No way to counter a bunker ele solo. So if you have no portal the mesmer is static on his point. How boring…

@XiL: where are you facing this kind of ele dropping against a thief only? in spvp mabye?

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Stop whining and figure out how to counter.

yes stop whining and learn how to counter an entire team with 10 seconds of quickness.
/end sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

In Pretend Forum Meta Land, Meta chases you.

That earns you a resounding LOL sir.

Tiger

in PvP

XiL.4318

I genuinely hope ArenaNet isn’t considering sharing portal with over-represented, and highly mobile professions.

You mean over-represented and highly mobile… like mesmer?

in PvP

daydream.2938

Viability isnt a matter of perspective, its a matter of effectiveness. Being able to win games with said spec. The higher in competitive play you go, the tigther the ways to spec become. IM not saying the current meta is the only way to play the game, im saying the meta is the best way , as it s currently understood, to play the game.

People who want to argue theres a ton of viable specs out there for all classes, well id like to see, where it counts, in paid tournaments.

in PvP

daydream.2938

Nothing about this is true or rational.

Thief can melt bunker ele while rolling super high mobility builds. So can Mesmer. Necro and Guardian can also easily push Ele of point or kill them outright depending on the build you use. Bunker ele are hard to kill if you let them read you and counter everything you do. But if you are patient and don’t faceroll the keyboard and rambo at them, you can beat them at their own game with most any other class.

You really should stay away from the forums. Most of the information you find here is false or misleading.

A good ele, will pretty much NEVER lose a 1on1 to a thief.

in PvP

Follidus.8027

Perhaps that says more about NA than about their builds. /shrug

I fully support trying out different things…but all the tedius armor and weap making (hello templates?) made it a real annoyance to change new things, not to mention rerolling a (new) character starts you off in pveland first. One either has to be really bored, or genuinely wishing to try sth new.
Wish build changing would have been as simple as on GW…

And who are you? I’m going to ignore the whole “NA is kitten, EU is god tier” thing, because all that trolling is done.

It takes 5 minutes to make a new character and get into the mists. It’s faster if you make your character and join a friend in hotjoin. I don’t really know what to say if you’re too lazy to make a new character because it takes a whole 5 minutes. Also, you don’t have to make anything. All the gear in spvp is as powerful as anything else. The only difference is the looks.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

Yup, they don’t run a mesmer or any kind of bunker and are beating everyone in NA.

beating the few teams that still play seriously isnt saying much. they could probably win most games running 5 warriors just with their strategy.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

daydream.2938

Umm any kind of a bunker? THE one time i ran into Pz they where running double ele.

in PvP

Follidus.8027

beating the few teams that still play seriously isnt saying much. they could probably win most games running 5 warriors just with their strategy.

not in paids

All I’m saying is they are a strong team that doesn’t run a mesmer. You can run a mesmer and still be viable. I’m sorry that you don’t see this. I’m sorry that you’re not good enough to be a team that can do that. But that doesn’t change the fact that mesmers are not required.

(edited by Follidus.8027)

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

not in paids

All I’m saying is they are a strong team that doesn’t run a mesmer. You can run a mesmer and still be viable. I’m sorry that you don’t see this. I’m sorry that you’re not good enough to be a team that can do that. But that doesn’t change the fact that mesmers are not required.

vs the 5 teams that take paid seriously. but hey dropping mesmer for ele is deep meta

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Umm any kind of a bunker? THE one time i ran into Pz they where running double ele.

Not every ele is a bunker.

Ele is a popular roamer because of its mobility and there are some who like to play it as a burst damage build, survivability be kitten

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

jportell.2197

Meta is determined by players not designers. We just use the tools they give us and we have ALOT to choose from. Also if someone is STILL griping about an entire team using timewarp at once then that means there are at LEAST two other points within the map that the team inside the timewarp isn’t defending/capping.

Edit: And I’m sorry the Arena Net Team can’t instantly get portal out to all other classes so these teams can shelve the mesmers Maybe if you write them a note like you would to santa claus asking real nice they can do it sooner. Or maybe you can accept that they have announced that yes it will be shared and just give them the kittening time to do it. Not expect it to be done 3 kitten days after they announce they are doing it.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)

in PvP

Follidus.8027

vs the 5 teams that take paid seriously. but hey dropping mesmer for ele is deep meta

I’m tired of trying to explain this to people, so look: I’m sorry you’re not good at this game. I’m sorry that instead of trying to improve and have fun with the game you give up and say “X is required to win,” or “Y is too strong.” I’m sorry that you sit on the forums telling people the game is kitten.

It’s just really annoying. You seriously need to change your mindset.

Yes, portal is an easy way to defend the backpoint.
Does that mean the mesmer will always win a 1v1 against someone that goes back there? No. There are builds that will beat mesmers in a 1v1. This is what PZ does.

Does that mean other classes can’t defend backpoint because they don’t have a portal? No. If your team counts heads and keeps an eye on numbers, then you can have the backpoint defender leave the point to help somewhere else.

Lets say you lose your backpoint. Does that mean you lose? No. There are teams that will win a team fight in mid, and then go squash the person that backcapped, if they’re still there.

Does timewarp basically ensure you win the fight where you use it? Yes, it does. Does that mean you win the game? of course not. There’s no rule that says you have to do big team fights. And even if there was, it’s not going to be up every team fight.

Am I saying timewarp and portal couldn’t use a nerf? No, because I think they should be nerfed a little bit, but going to the extreme of saying “omg we can’t win because we don’t have a mesmer” is simply not true. You’re losing because you’re not good enough to not use a mesmer.

Do bunkers survive against everything 1v1? No, they don’t. You can’t build your bunker to beat everything. Against guardians, for example, a trap ranger will demolish you pretty quickly. If you change your build to be a lot more effective against trap rangers, then you’re more susceptible to something else. For example, an ele with the trap ranger.

On my bunker, I die to a CC warrior, d/d support ele, and a well necro in 15 seconds. And I’m not dying because I’m standing on wells, either. I’m dying because of the coordination of damage and CC, which I should add was not perfect or anything.

If you’re expecting perfect 1v1 balance, then that’s not going to happen. It’s just not realistic. The meta is the way it is because people aren’t good at the game. I’m not saying this as an insult, it’s just that the game is too new. It’s relatively easy to play a bunker at a low-level when people don’t coordinate to kill you. It’s relatively easy to throw a portal when someone is on your point and teleport back to it.

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

dear mr I want this game to be an esport? where did I say they were required? all I did was say that trying to make an argument that one team is able to win against the smallest population of competitive pvpers in any game out right now is a joke. along with any discussion about meta and skill levels. grats you play vs 5 other teams for a couple hours, want a cookie in a game with no match making and no rankings. tell me more about how qp means something.

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

Posted by: Vyndetta.9415

Vyndetta.9415

blah blah cry blah blah cry blah blah blah

After seeing you try to troll and cry on the Rift forums, I would think you would get better after a couple years. Sadly you still disappoint =\

Vyndetta – Ranger- [SYNC]

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

I’m tired of trying to explain this to people, so look: I’m sorry you’re not good at this game. I’m sorry that instead of trying to improve and have fun with the game you give up and say “X is required to win,” or “Y is too strong.” I’m sorry that you sit on the forums telling people the game is kitten.

It’s just really annoying. You seriously need to change your mindset.

Yes, portal is an easy way to defend the backpoint.
Does that mean the mesmer will always win a 1v1 against someone that goes back there? No. There are builds that will beat mesmers in a 1v1. This is what PZ does.

Does that mean other classes can’t defend backpoint because they don’t have a portal? No. If your team counts heads and keeps an eye on numbers, then you can have the backpoint defender leave the point to help somewhere else.

Lets say you lose your backpoint. Does that mean you lose? No. There are teams that will win a team fight in mid, and then go squash the person that backcapped, if they’re still there.

Does timewarp basically ensure you win the fight where you use it? Yes, it does. Does that mean you win the game? of course not. There’s no rule that says you have to do big team fights. And even if there was, it’s not going to be up every team fight.

Am I saying timewarp and portal couldn’t use a nerf? No, because I think they should be nerfed a little bit, but going to the extreme of saying “omg we can’t win because we don’t have a mesmer” is simply not true. You’re losing because you’re not good enough to not use a mesmer.

Do bunkers survive against everything 1v1? No, they don’t. You can’t build your bunker to beat everything. Against guardians, for example, a trap ranger will demolish you pretty quickly. If you change your build to be a lot more effective against trap rangers, then you’re more susceptible to something else. For example, an ele with the trap ranger.

On my bunker, I die to a CC warrior, d/d support ele, and a well necro in 15 seconds. And I’m not dying because I’m standing on wells, either. I’m dying because of the coordination of damage and CC, which I should add was not perfect or anything.

If you’re expecting perfect 1v1 balance, then that’s not going to happen. It’s just not realistic. The meta is the way it is because people aren’t good at the game. I’m not saying this as an insult, it’s just that the game is too new. It’s relatively easy to play a bunker at a low-level when people don’t coordinate to kill you. It’s relatively easy to throw a portal when someone is on your point and teleport back to it.

You try to bring knowledge ..in a world that doesn’t recognize it, what most people want is shout : “For the power of Grayskull , I AM THE POWER!” go in and conquer the world with their omnipotent build…when they lose is because you’re OP

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

Having a portal skill to defend a backpoint gives you unfair advantage over the other classes. Thats the simple truth, you can repeat l2p mantra all day if you want.
Anyways, deleting mesmers would greatly add to the quality of pvp in this game imo, they are the most disgusting class i have ever seen in any MMO.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Having a portal skill to defend a backpoint gives you unfair advantage over the other classes. Thats the simple truth, you can repeat l2p mantra all day if you want.
Anyways, deleting mesmers would greatly add to the quality of pvp in this game imo, they are the most disgusting class i have ever seen in any MMO.

Nobody forces you to play this MMO, and definetely we can’t delete every single thing you don’t like, if you can’t adapt you shouldn’t play a MMO

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

Nobody forces you to play this MMO, and definetely we can’t delete every single thing you don’t like, if you can’t adapt you shouldn’t play a MMO

I dont even play it anymore i just read forums from time to time in hope something will change for the better. And do tell who are “we” are you part of a-net dev team, or just one of the few people who still play pvp in this game?

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

blah blah cry blah blah cry blah blah blah

After seeing you try to troll and cry on the Rift forums, I would think you would get better after a couple years. Sadly you still disappoint =\

when did I ever cry on rift forums? I played warrior and rogue the two most powerful pvp classes. glad you remember me though cuz I have no clue who you are. wild bill wannabe is my guess. keep striving to be a big fish in a kiddie pool and act like people acknowledge it or care.

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

jportell.2197

Once again to all the gripers and whiners on this thread that apparently do not pay attention to anything but their own freaking world. PORTAL IS GETTING SHARED WITH OTHER CLASSES! As is apparent with all changes in this game nothing kittening happens over night. Be happy it was acknowledged deal with it for the time being and when necros/engis have portal you guys can start kittening about them.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Follidus.8027

dear mr I want this game to be an esport? where did I say they were required? all I did was say that trying to make an argument that one team is able to win against the smallest population of competitive pvpers in any game out right now is a joke. along with any discussion about meta and skill levels. grats you play vs 5 other teams for a couple hours, want a cookie in a game with no match making and no rankings. tell me more about how qp means something.

Everyone that complains about this issue is like the same to me. Sorry if you never said those words exactly, but the general vibe of your complaining is the same. “x is overpowered and we can’t win without it,” or “x is overpowered and it creates boring gameplay.”

Also, QPs work like gladiator in WoW: if you have QPs it doesn’t mean you’re good, but if you don’t have QPs, then you’re probably not great. I notice that people that complain about QPs the most are the ones who don’t have any. So you can say I’m bias about QPs because I have a good amount, but you’re just as biased because you don’t have a lot.

Either way, you need to change your mindset. You know why there’s only “5 teams that take paids seriously?” Because people think like you do.

in PvP

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I personally think it’ll either be necromancer or engineer since those two make the most sense as far as portal like powers go. One is technology, the other is already summoning underworld stuff like shades.