@JonathanSharp

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Aldizi.5671

Aldizi.5671

Hey Jon,
I read your post what seemed like a cry frustrations with the community. I am 30 years old now and have been playing mmos since everquest. I also do my part for this community by hosting the greatest SPvP Teamspeak on earth! Manvilrock.guildts.com (Adding credibility =] ) Never in one of those games have i seen a development team like the one at Anet. INVOLVED! I think you guys just reach out to the wrong players thou. (Elitist) Most of them are kids with no idea of what they want. Who cant see the grand scheme of things. They are very good to get balance advice because hours dedicated to this game. But balance isn’t even that big of an issue in the grand scheme of things. (now that rangers were nerfed and necros slightly we are in a good position i see all classes being played now)

THE BIGGEST ISSUE is there are no spvpers left and yeah they will cry and complain thakittens because of balance and the meta sucks but the real truth is there is no competition.

WE NEED MORE PLAYERS. How do we get them one may ask? Its simple give us a reason to SPVP.

Jon i hate to use a wow comparison b.c. this game is clearly better. but there way that pvp is organized has been matched by none. Not all of us have dreams of becoming esports stars. Like i said im 30 i run 2 businesses and i just wanna log on and exp some competitive pvp.

We need Seasons and Team Ladders you shouldn’t rely on mist league to do this job for you. We need an in-game rating system similar to wow where your team ranks up not the individual player there has to be some kind of penalty for team hoping like in wow where you lose your rating. At a certain rating you acquire and in-game sword (item/weapon/armor) that looks awesome and unique only acquired by pvping. which can be used in wvw as well so i can show off my accomplishments to the world. This is going to bring people from wvwvw and pve to start forming teams to play for these items. not to mention the game wont get dull to them from pveing all day or wvwvw.
They have a proven system that has worked for years and they prolly took it off some other game like they do everything so we need to implement something like that.

Summary if you dont want to read.

A REASON TO SPVP

Thanks JON hope to hear from you soon!
Regards
Aldizi!

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

DarthDragonVanquisher.6912

It would be amazing if we could get titles at the end of the season.. Like the top 100 players or teams could get the challenger/soldier/champion of the arena title depending on how high you are on the LB.. Top 80/50/20 and so on! Please make it so that PvPers have a way to make IN Game Gold! If pvpers weren’t all broke and had to rely on gem buying maybe more pve heroes would want to pvp

The Official GW2 Esports Drama Reporter

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Rangers weren’t nerfed

They were possibly buffed in team fights.

/thread

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: biscuits.8073

biscuits.8073

I completely agree with this, we need more players and more incentive to play. I heard some people suggesting you make the game free to play in the mists to attract more players but the idea of seasons and team rating rewards will definitely bring players into the spvp side of the game. At the moment I feel its more important to bring more players than try to fix balance.

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

@Biscuits…
I bought this game so I didn’t have to play LoL .. please don’t turn this community into the LoL community by making pvp F2P…

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: biscuits.8073

biscuits.8073

@Biscuits…
I bought this game so I didn’t have to play LoL .. please don’t turn this community into the LoL community by making pvp F2P…

That’s why I agree with bringing players from wvw and pve, I don’t particularly want that scenario either lol

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

So we need a way to organize groups similar to wow.

A group shouldn’t just be a party joining with a name decided for the occasion: it should be something more persistant, like in wow. This way it would be possible to add ratings to the team, not to the players.

This way leaderboards might show both: team rating and player rating depending on team rating.

You could also make sure each player is entitled to the rating gained by the team in matches he actually played: this way a team might even have more than 5 players enlisted in it (that doesn’t mean the team will play with more than 5 people, obv!XD).

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Snate.2961

Snate.2961

I am also an older pvper who could not agree with you more. I grew up playing on Vallon Zek EQ and have recently gone back to playing some Vanilla wow. The reward and accomplishment system needs a drastic boost in order to make it worth your time.

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Morrel-thule!

in a recent poll the most needed feature by a very wide margin was rewards!

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Wombat.3510

Wombat.3510

Hmmm…how do we get more players in spvp?

I can tell you how we don’t get more players: Nerfs and balance patches every couple weeks!

Balance is fine, leave it alone and concentrate on designing different maps with different goals instead of just throwing people on a single point and having a spamfest!

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Hmmm…how do we get more players in spvp?

I can tell you how we don’t get more players: Nerfs and balance patches every couple weeks!

Balance is fine, leave it alone and concentrate on designing different maps with different goals instead of just throwing people on a single point and having a spamfest!

so tell us… what profession do you play?!

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Batmang.5421

Batmang.5421

I agree. We definitely need more players and however much I hate to say it balance is not the answer. There have been many games that were tremendously less balanced than GW2, yet they still maintained a healthy balance of players.

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Aldizi.5671

Yup. Jon your thoughts on this moving forward!?

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

CAN WE PLEASE JUST HAVE A 2V2 EVEN IF ITS CASUAL?

seriously I log on and there’s is nothing I can do, I play maybe a few times a month now because I have no reason to

Log on :

- check friends list.. ask a few people if they want to premade, nope not enough on
- don’t wan to solo que until matchmaking is fixed, even still it’s frustrating relying on 4 randoms AND you can’t try random classes / bad specs
- check friends list again.. oh someones in a hotjoin.. join for 5 minutes until I get bored
- join a duel game.. everyone’s just standing around akitteng

-log off

- check back in 5 hours
- repeat process
- don’t bother for a few days

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

seriously I log on and there’s is nothing I can do, I play maybe a few times a month now because I have no reason to

Log on :

- check friends list.. ask a few people if they want to premade, nope not enough on
- don’t wan to solo que until matchmaking is fixed, even still it’s frustrating relying on 4 randoms AND you can’t try random classes / bad specs
- check friends list again.. oh someones in a hotjoin.. join for 5 minutes until I get bored

-log off

- check back in 5 hours
- repeat process

This pretty much describe how I’ve played for the last few months… I tried to do some WvW and living story content, but I got bored after 10 minutes if zerg balling live content and WvW, so I went back to do some sPvP. Got matched with rank 1 players when I finally got into solo queue against rank 40 teams. Played some hot-join, but that got boring after 10 minutes.

There’s just not enough players in PvP. That’s the main problem. The sad thing is that Anet think they’re actually doing something with PvP, while in reality they’re losing their last players due to lack of content, game modes and balance. We need more game modes and they need to separate PvE, WvW and sPvP balancing

Melder – Thief

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Log on :

-log off

- check back in 5 hours
- repeat process

The LFG tool is coming next week. That should make forming teams for tournaments easier. You’ll even be able to merge a 3 player group with a 2 player group.

You can still solo queue for teams right now. There’s probably a group of 4 out there somewhere that would appreciate it. I think when the LFG tool arrives, you’ll have to have a full party to queue, but you don’t at the moment.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Kesil.8034

Kesil.8034

Hey Jon,
THE BIGGEST ISSUE is there are no spvpers left and yeah they will cry and complain thakittens because of balance and the meta sucks but the real truth is there is no competition.

WE NEED MORE PLAYERS. How do we get them one may ask? Its simple give us a reason to SPVP.

its too late, there is no players, and there will not be so in the future.
now has a reputation so negative, that will not come to have a more number of players

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

Log on :

-log off

- check back in 5 hours
- repeat process

The LFG tool is coming next week. That should make forming teams for tournaments easier. You’ll even be able to merge a 3 player group with a 2 player group.

You can still solo queue for teams right now. There’s probably a group of 4 out there somewhere that would appreciate it. I think when the LFG tool arrives, you’ll have to have a full party to queue, but you don’t at the moment.

meh every time I do that i get grouped with level 10’s

not only that, but with the lfg tool I don’t mind playing for fun.. but you still have to find/rely on 4 other people not being terrible. That’s not easy in such a small population, and most people who are decent won’t be using the tool. I want a mode where I only need to find 1-2 people that are decent to play with.

(edited by dejay.2598)

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Log on :

-log off

- check back in 5 hours
- repeat process

I’m not sure the the LFG tool is for PvE only, you queue to the instance you wanna do and when there is enough ppl the grp is formed and off you go.

the LFG will not be available in PvP I believe.

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Log on :

-log off

- check back in 5 hours
- repeat process

I’m not sure the the LFG tool is for PvE only, you queue to the instance you wanna do and when there is enough ppl the grp is formed and off you go.

the LFG will not be available in PvP I believe.

No, it’s PvP as well. When solo queue was first introduced one of the devs mentioned that you could still join the team queue with partial groups, but when the LFG tool comes out you’ll need a full group.

Also, in the previews you could see a PvP section on it.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2895706 – about 15 minutes in you can see it. The main categories are …

Living World
Dungeons
Fractals of the Mists
Personal Story
Player vs. Player
World vs. World

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

(edited by Nabrok.9023)

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Aldizi.5671

Why wont a dev reply to this thread? No one ever talks about this…..

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: aleks.5473

aleks.5473

I also agree here you Aldizi !
If you play a competitive pvp for a spot I top 50-100 on LB then you need a team but here is the tricky part it is hard to get 5 people to play at the same time.
1 Get more ppl for pvp
2 MAKE 2v2 and 3v3

Shadowsong Bg, Zagorka bg – r61
Champ mesmer, engy, rangar, necro, guardian, warrior

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

You don’t need to make the game F2P in the mists, there are enough people who bought this game for PvP -reasons but they quit b/c there was “nothing” left to do..

If they would create an organitzed team-league, and heaven forbids, perhaps even some 3v3 ( or some other format ) winner-stays kind of arena people will come back for sure !

Also the suggestion to tie the ranking of a team to some kind of reward is super.
This would give a team a reason to play ( aside of fun ofc ).

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

- check back in 5 hours
- repeat process

That’s the depressing part, even if you like how GW2 plays… which is rare…. they have the kittentiest match-joining setup I have EVER seen…
The MMR is and has always been terrible.
‘Tournament’ ques are the hotjoin of any other game, because SPvP is garbage…
It’s kittened.
There is nothing between trash SPvP and ranked gameplay…

Then they kittening made group que to fix problems that group que only makes worse….
They couldn’t get a good enough MMR system for the small population to make ‘one que’ work. Splitting solo and ‘any group’ just causes the populations in each que to be smaller… and so the MMR system to be more obvious in how flawed it is… and to boot, now, you can’t que with friends without a good chance of fighting hardcore premades…

(edited by garethh.3518)

@JonathanSharp

in PvP

Aldizi.5671

Nothing yet how about hey we read we just dont care right now ?