Just a quick question to rating

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Hey, I thought it was posted here somewhere, but I cant find it :/

If you win against a team with higher overall mmr, do you get more rating? Or is it always the same and just gets less the more matches you play?

Same for losses… do you loose less against higher teams? Or is it always the same, gets more the more you loose?

Thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You lose less against teams you’re supposed to lose against and more against teams you’re supposed to win against and vice versa. It’s all an odds game.

Some people are posting that that isn’t always the case, but if that’s true and not salt, it’s pretty clearly a bug.

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Then something really isnt working as intended. I lost against a guildie of mine that has around 120 more rating than me and lost well… a lot. Won next match against same guildie and won… less than the matches before. For that matter… my rating increase through wins has steadily decreased, while my losses are completely random.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It’s not random, it depends on the quality (MMR anyway) of the opposing team.

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Im guessing the brackets are too big… got placed on a team with players with significantly (several tiers) lower ratings than mine… we still won and I got less than on my last win. I shudder to think what Id have lost if we had lost that match for whatever reasons.

Which also explains why duoqueue is atm so ridiculous effective. On top of being able to coordinate better, it also reduces the randomness of the matchmaker.

in PvP

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

Yesterday, i queued with a friend in the 900-ish rating while i was at 1600-ish.
The end result was that for each win, he earned around +30 rating and i earned between +2 and +4 rating. For each loss, i lost around -20 rating and he lost around -5 rating.

So, the rating does not only depends on the average mmr of both team but also your own personal mmr.

in PvP

Yasi.9065

So that means, when I lost huge, I got punished for not carrying players well below my own rating.

Ergo, brackets are indeed too big, or… not even existent. Knowing Anet, its probably the latter.