Just a small solo queue rant

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

It seems almost impossible to climb past 1700 as a solo queuer… Once you hit 1700, you gain about ~10 MMR a win, but you lose 17-20… Maybe add a shrine of the MMR God in the mists. I’ll pray to it daily.

/rant

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

(edited by mrauls.6519)

in PvP

Posted by: Omcrazy.4756

Omcrazy.4756

It seems almost impossible to climb past 1700 as a solo queuer… Once you hit 1700, you gain about ~10 MMR a win, but you lose 17-20… Maybe add a shrine of the MMR God in the mists. I’ll pray to it daily.

/rant

I think this is due to you being more likely to be matched with and against lower ranked players. So you gain less MMR for a win because you are beating up weaker players. And lose more MMR for a loss because you are losing to weaker players.

Problem with that is its a team game and one player is going to have a hard time to carry if they get matched with bad players. I think someone suggested instead of the MMR gain or loss be based on personal MMR it should be based on team average MMR. So if you as a 1600-1700 player get matched with a bunch of 1500s and lose to another team that averages the same then you’ll only lose 12-13 (seems to be my average so I assume it is the average). It is reasonable to lose more than you gain when playing against lower ranked opponents. But it kinda sucks to require a .666 win rate at least to break even in a 5v5 game mode. Especially when the match making pulls from such a wide range.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Don’t worry about it, in current state solo queue is a dice toss or as someone in another thread said "a switch" to win/loss streaks. For two weeks I couldn’t get out of gold 3, about 3-4 matches away from plat. Yesterday I just joined to get some more shards as usual and suddenly I got to win matches that didn’t really test my real abilities. It is because the first two matches were relatively balanced, but the rest of them were just straight out blowouts. I even managed to kill 2 players in the same time a few times in a row, that’s how bad they were. Now I am in plat after riding a win streak of about 8 matches, and again I got back to win-loss-win-loss-win kind of situation with lost matches being pretty much one-sided.
Anyway, if someone claims to get into 250 or lege on solo, and even if they beat you 1v1 it still doesn’t matter. There are too many components in a pvp match that can stand against you, or boost you to either lose or win. One person’s skill is pretty much 10% if it comes to solo que. In the end the real part where there are any traces of real skill and cooperation are automated tournaments, where you get to fight premade vs premade. This is where it counts the most in this game. Ranked is for pve players to farm legendary armour with ladderboard to boost pvp’ers egos.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.