Just play Burn Guard

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

They are the best pvp build.

Anyone who says otherwise is just kidding themselves lol.

I mean. Every burn guard i’ve even met knows how cheesy they are. XD

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

In before the people with the usual replies:

- l2p, burn guard only have 1 condi!!1shift+111

- burn is fine, l2p!!1shift+shift+11!11

- l2p, burn is only a problem in lower tiers!!1shift+11!11

- l2p, you don’t see 5 burn guards teams in esl!!!1shift+1!!1

little big wizard – Eu

(edited by atreyu.9624)

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Forgot to bring condi removal?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

lol k, as a power necro I find them very easy to deal with. (running generosity sigil on both weapon sets though)

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Lethal Stranger.5093)

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

lol, I laught when I meet condi guard. After 30 sec hes dead already.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Op is a necro complaining about burn guards…. Smh

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

If you can’t stand the heat…

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Sounds like someone met a burn Guardian that left a few scars. They are not OP. In fact I die more on burn Guard than I do on DPS Med. I just get more kills on Burn. Truthfully at this stage if you spend some time with the meta PvP buids on each class you’ll find the game is the most balanced it’s ever been. Enjoy it for a couple of weeks before HoT throws all that into chaos.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

You think the only semi-viable condition build in the game, which gets countered hard by generosity sigils, is the most OP in the game. That’s just hilarious.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

You think the only semi-viable condition build in the game, which gets countered hard by generosity sigils, is the most OP in the game. That’s just hilarious.

Totally counters it with it 60% on another RNG aspect that without an amulet for it you’ll only have a 4% chance to have 60% chance to transfer one of many conditions, that deals damage based off your own condition damage.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

zapv.8051

Many conditions, lol it’s a burn guard they only have a few. Also it uses the original persons condi damage not your own. Also, your really dumb if you run it without crit chance.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Many conditions, lol it’s a burn guard they only have a few. Also it uses the original persons condi damage not your own. Also, your really dumb if you run it without crit chance.

Ah you are right it is original appliers condition damage now, still doesn’t make it viable. Guess every build needs to run crit chance to have a small chance against Guardians now. Guardians can easily burst you for an instant 5-7 different conditions.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

zapv.8051

Most builds already run crit chance, not a problem. Also, it is most definitely a viable sigil. I think I see your problem, your letting the burn guard land literally everything. That’s the only way your getting 5-7 condos on you at once.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Most builds already run crit chance, not a problem. Also, it is most definitely a viable sigil. I think I see your problem, your letting the burn guard land literally everything. That’s the only way your getting 5-7 condos on you at once.

Those conditions apply on literally instant actions.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

grow up. burn guards only have…burns. it’s the only damaging condition they have. if you can cleanse that, it’s a L2P issue.

burning is a low tier problem.

I cant believe people complain about burn guards. I find condi mesmers to be more problematic.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Just play Burn Guard

No thanks. I don’t like playing builds that lack versatility and only apply ONE condition that’s easy to get rid of. Like someone mentioned, maybe burning is a low tier problem. I don’t seem to have any issues with it.

When I ask teammates if they prefer I play burn or AH guard, almost 100% of the time they say AH guard.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

grow up. burn guards only have…burns. it’s the only damaging condition they have. if you can cleanse that, it’s a L2P issue.

burning is a low tier problem.

I cant believe people complain about burn guards. I find condi mesmers to be more problematic.

Let’s ignore the 8 second poison and 3 stacks of 8 second bleed the moment they weapon swap every 10 seconds.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

What if… They made if so the damage break down applied dmg burn does to the skills associated to them? That way when a guy gets jumped by 3 burn guards and posts how OP burns are you’ll see a more detailed reason as to what skills they need to worry about in the future.
Because if you are playing against a burn guard and don’t die to his burst but frequently encounter him, then it’s going to look like he just vomited a crap ton of burn onto you all at once from the breakdown.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I’m surprised they nerfed the hell out of ele burning but left guard burns alone. Makes no sense to me as I get regularly hit for 2.5K burning per tick from guards. Engi burning could also do with some looking at. But Anet are doing things backwards, rather can recalculate burning, they nerf the skills that cause burning. Burning is the main problem, not the skills.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

Condi guards are too rock-paper-scissors to be any good at high lvl play. They have too many hard counters, namely bunker guards, dd eles and signet necros. If you have 3+ of any of these on the enemy team (which happens more often than not) you’ll be useless to your team and you’ll most likely lose.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

I play a power necro (running consume conditions) and a good burn guardian can still take me out, but he has to play well. That being said, the fight /usually/ goes in my favor, but I’ve been playing this game and this profession for ages.

However, some builds absolutely are roasted by burn guardians. For example, a standard burst-oriented marauder warrior build will get torched. Burn guardians counter them in every way and can usually drop 10 stacks of burning on the warrior before he has enough adrenaline to do much with cleansing ire…and burns go right through endure pain.

Additionally, when in a teamfight (which is far more important and common than 1v1s) Burn Guardians are king. Their defenses scale with infinite opponents because they’re all centered on immunity and their burst rotation can be dropped so quickly with a teleport to boot. They’re like flying, flaming assassins.

I’m not sure they’re overpowered, but there isn’t currently any other build that makes me go, “Oh, wtf was that…?” as often.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Vapour.7348

Sometimes I wonder if the people complaining about burn guards play the same game as me. I die mostly from going against organized premades that +1 me on a point I’m defending or capping. Another reason I die is when my team’s comp is hard countered because the people in my solo q team are only after dailies and don’t care to swap.

But dying from burn damage specifically from a burn guard? Nope, never an issue.

Please stop comparing burn guards to elementalists. That just exposes the lack of understanding you have about this game.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

People complain because it’s pretty frustrating to deal with 6k burn ticks or more. That means if you don’t got a cleanse ready for whatever reason you die in 3-4s.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

It’s not even the best guardian build for spvp. If you solo queue the meta support bunker build is more valuable more often. And probably for groups as well one guy has success in a money tournament with it and all of a sudden burn guardian is meta.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Vapour.7348

But if that burn guard played a dps guard and you are out of dodges or blocks, it’s the same thing…you have damage coming your way and you have little defense for it.

People just have a prejudice against bursty condis.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

zapv.8051

People complain because it’s pretty frustrating to deal with 6k burn ticks or more. That means if you don’t got a cleanse ready for whatever reason you die in 3-4s.

The only way you get 6k burn ticks on a burn guard is if you land a lot of skills. If your getting hit by everything the guardian has what do you expect? If you can’t avoid a burn guard burst, I’d hate to see you fight a good shatter mes.

Except only a few of them do, which is completely fair because there are many instant damaging skills. Also, most of those instant skills have other prerequisites to land. The point is that guards really don’t apply many conditions outside of burn, and a generosity sigil will very often remove that burn. Your acting like burn guards are putting 5 conditions on people in regular fights which they simply aren’t. As soon as you get rid of the few cover conditions they have, which are all sparse in application, the only thing left is burn.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

But if that burn guard played a dps guard and you are out of dodges or blocks, it’s the same thing…you have damage coming your way and you have little defense for it.

People just have a prejudice against bursty condis.

Things that stop melee physical damage.
Cripple/Chill
Blind
Weakness
Slow
Confusion
Invulnerability
Dodge
Leaps
CC
Toughness
Things that stop ranged physical damage.
All of the above besides Cripple/Chill unless you are running
Reflect
Line of Sight
Things that stop condition damage.
Lucky dodges or blinds
Condition removal
Resistance
Most condition causing skills aren’t even projectiles but reflect or dodges for the few that are.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

The only way you get 6k burn ticks on a burn guard is if you land a lot of skills. If your getting hit by everything the guardian has what do you expect? If you can’t avoid a burn guard burst, I’d hate to see you fight a good shatter mes.

Except only a few of them do, which is completely fair because there are many instant damaging skills. Also, most of those instant skills have other prerequisites to land. The point is that guards really don’t apply many conditions outside of burn, and a generosity sigil will very often remove that burn. Your acting like burn guards are putting 5 conditions on people in regular fights which they simply aren’t. As soon as you get rid of the few cover conditions they have, which are all sparse in application, the only thing left is burn.

Literally the only Guardian burn that isn’t instant is Zealot’s Fire. Only reason you don’t see 6k burn ticks is the target can’t survive that long. Also instant physical damage skills, name a couple please. How much condition removal do you expect people to carry, remove cover conditions now remove the burn and hope they don’t put on more right after. Also shatter burst is easy enough to counter if you have any sort of teleport/block or weapon dodge, clones have a travel time, that is if you fail to avoid their swap immobilize in the first place, Guardians instantly teleport.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

lelwut?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Vapour.7348

lelwut?

that statement should officially void this thread. teammates 100% of the time want me on AH instead of burn.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

^This for every class except thief.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

lelwut?

that statement should officially void this thread. teammates 100% of the time want me on AH instead of burn.

One persons statement>rest of thread.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I really wonder why Anet nerfed burning on ele instead of globally. It’s not as if it’s harder to play guardian and the access to quickness makes it possible to stack 5-6k burning ticks in 1-2 second… And guardian has plenty of cleanse.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

Here’s a reference for the cast times of skills commonly used by Burn Guardians for burn application and/or burst combos. Every skill with a cast time has some associated animation with it to allow opposing players some chance to react.

Zealot’s Flame: Instant
Judge’s Intervention: Instant
Purging Flames: .75 second cast time
Smite: .25 second cast time
Chains of Light: .5 second cast time
Zealot’s Fire: .75 second cast time
Cleansing Flames: 4.25 second channel
Zealot’s Defense: .75 second cast time + channel
Whirling Wrath: .75 second cast time + channel

The only instant-cast parts of a standard Burn Guardian’s toolkit are Zealot’s Flame, Judge’s Intervention, and the same sigil procs that all professions have access to (and alsoVirtue of Justice, though you’ll rarely see it activated outside of securing stomps). The animation for something like Chains of Light isn’t quite as obvious as it is for Kill Shot or Eviscerate, but you actually can react to it if you’re paying attention to the Guardian.

The other part of your argument that I don’t get is that most power-based Meditation Guardians use a very similar burst rotation to Burn Guardians. Immobilize with Scepter and teleport in with Judge’s Intervention while simultaneously casting Whirling Wrath, Zealot’s Defense, and/or one of our other burst skills (e.g. Shield of Wrath). Power Guardians will often also add Smite Condition to the combo which is an instant-cast(!) 3k damage crit if they’ve got any condition on them. Most of the same skills are killing you with the burn build as they are with the power build, and the damage is just coming from a different place. The difference in this situation is that the power build kills you up front, and doesn’t give you a chance to negate the majority of its damage.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Here’s a reference for the cast times of skills commonly used by Burn Guardians for burn application and/or burst combos. Every skill with a cast time has some associated animation with it to allow opposing players some chance to react.

The only instant-cast parts of a standard Burn Guardian’s toolkit are Zealot’s Flame, Judge’s Intervention, and the same sigil procs that all professions have access to (and alsoVirtue of Justice, though you’ll rarely see it activated outside of securing stomps). The animation for something like Chains of Light isn’t quite as obvious as it is for Kill Shot or Eviscerate, but you actually can react to it if you’re paying attention to the Guardian.

The other part of your argument that I don’t get is that most power-based Meditation Guardians use a very similar burst rotation to Burn Guardians. Immobilize with Scepter and teleport in with Judge’s Intervention while simultaneously casting Whirling Wrath, Zealot’s Defense, and/or one of our other burst skills (e.g. Shield of Wrath). Power Guardians will often also add Smite Condition to the combo which is an instant-cast(!) 3k damage crit if they’ve got any condition on them. Most of the same skills are killing you with the burn build as they are with the power build, and the damage is just coming from a different place. The difference in this situation is that the power build kills you up front, and doesn’t give you a chance to negate the majority of its damage.

Except pretty much everything you listed doesn’t actually burn but just adds hit count for justice to proc, why not list every single skill that counts as a hit.

Also whoa 3k damage crit instantly every 20 seconds, Purging Flames is pretty unavoidable 3 stacks for 8 seconds burning on a condition build, that’s 3.6k damage after 3 seconds and you still have 5 seconds left to go, but it cures triple the conditions, is AoE cure and reduces duration by 33% while in it while making a fire field but it doens’t even have double the cooldown. But condition sigils have an extra advantage of doing damage while keeping the rest of your conditions on.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Soryuju.8164

Soryuju.8164

Except pretty much everything you listed doesn’t actually burn but just adds hit count for justice to proc, why not list every single skill that counts as a hit.

Because most Burn Guards don’t just “burst” with Purging Flames, Judge’s Intervention, and nothing else, I guess?

I don’t get your point at all – burns are burns, why does it matter whether the skill applies them inherently or through VoJ procs? The ones I listed are some of the ones that proc VoJ the most, compared to something like Mighty Blow or Orb of Light, or the ones that contribute in some way to big burn bursts, like Chains of Light.

I gave you some numbers disproving your claims that almost all Guardian burns are instant-cast and an argument that a Guardian’s power build (which you don’t have an issue with) uses most of the same tools to kill as a Burn Guardian does. Is your statement above your only response to all of that?

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

Because most Burn Guards don’t just “burst” with Purging Flames, Judge’s Intervention, and nothing else, I guess?

I don’t get your point at all – burns are burns, why does it matter whether the skill applies them inherently or through VoJ procs? The ones I listed are some of the ones that proc VoJ the most, compared to something like Mighty Blow or Orb of Light, or the ones that contribute in some way to big burn bursts, like Chains of Light.

I gave you some numbers disproving your claims that almost all Guardian burns are instant-cast and an argument that a Guardian’s power build (which you don’t have an issue with) uses most of the same tools to kill as a Burn Guardian does. Is your statement above your only response to all of that?

Again all those sources are unavoidable besides luck dodges while you can save your dodges for big skills on a DPS Guardian, what instant skills are they actually killing you with. Guardian can easily instantly get you with at least 7 stacks of burning in nearly an instant from an instant teleport then swap weapons and make you waste your condition removal on nothing. Oh no a Whirling Wrath, better cripple, chill, dodge, block, invulnerability, slow, teleport, leap, CC, weakness, tank it with toughness or reflect. Oh no a Judge’s Intervention from 1,200 or closer better…….Well you can try dodging but there is no guarantee he will use it and you just wasted a dodge.

Also what I edited in the last post since I didn’t read much since I was busy before I posted. Also whoa 3k damage crit instantly every 20 seconds, Purging Flames is pretty unavoidable 3 stacks for 8 seconds burning on a condition build, that’s 3.6k damage after 3 seconds and you still have 5 seconds left to go, but it cures triple the conditions, is AoE cure and reduces duration by 33% while in it while making a fire field but it doens’t even have double the cooldown. But condition sigils have an extra advantage of doing damage while keeping the rest of your conditions on.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I really wonder why Anet nerfed burning on ele instead of globally. It’s not as if it’s harder to play guardian and the access to quickness makes it possible to stack 5-6k burning ticks in 1-2 second… And guardian has plenty of cleanse.

Because burn guards are a one trick pony and only bad players complain about them? Because ele’s have a metric kitten ton more sustain than a burn guard?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

burn guard is a pretty simple fight unless you are drunk missing keys. they are also useless in team fights with shout bunkers. its a good build, sure but not apex.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

burn guard is a pretty simple fight unless you are drunk missing keys. they are also useless in team fights with shout bunkers. its a good build, sure but not apex.

Cleric Shout Warrior/Carrion Engineer comes again to tell us how fine condition builds are.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

choovanski.5462

Cleric Shout Warrior/Carrion Engineer comes again to tell us how fine condition builds are.

thumbs up

only one of these builds has excessive AOE clear, so your jab is half deserved.
still, shout warriors stupid amount of condi clear is nearly all AOE so i clear for the whole team creating a useless burn guard who cant do any damage at mid.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

thumbs up

still, shout warriors stupid amount of condi clear is nearly all AOE so i clear for the whole team creating a useless burn guard who cant do any damage at mid.

Yay one of the few counter builds and a better condition build.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

choovanski.5462

thumbs up

every team should have shout warrior, shout guard or another bunker with heavy AOE condi clear for mid. tournament teams all run them. i know with matchmaking you don’t always get them, but you can always swap to one if you see your team has no bunk (do this often). condis should be balanced with these builds in mind imo.

also, carrion rifle is hybrid so only 50% condi damage.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

thumbs up

every team should have shout warrior, shout guard or another bunker with heavy AOE condi clear for mid. tournament teams all run them. i know with matchmaking you don’t always get them, but you can always swap to one if you see your team has no bunk (do this often). condis should be balanced with these builds in mind imo.

Ohh so that’s balanced then right the complete necessity of one build out of 8 classes with many builds to be on every 5 man team, just so condition builds aren’t completely out of control. Poor, unorganized 99% of games will always suffer since you aren’t on their random teams to make condition builds balanced in team fights on your point, GW2 Esports has been succeeding for 3 years now clearly.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

choovanski.5462

thumbs up

Ohh so that’s balanced then right the complete necessity of one build out of 8 classes with many builds to be on every 5 man team, just so condition builds aren’t completely out of control. Poor, unorganized 99% of games will always suffer since you aren’t on their random teams to make condition builds balanced in team fights on your point, GW2 Esports has been succeeding for 3 years now clearly.

you never heard of bunker guards before? you even know why people take them? smh

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

glaphen.5230

thumbs up

you never heard of bunker guards before? you even know why people take them? smh

smh

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

I gave up on burning op pls nerf threads.

Went as far as post results from end of solo q ranked match to illustrate than burn damage is easy to contain. But when people have decided that what they believe is the reality – logic, reason, qualitative and quantitative metrics will be ignored.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

zapv.8051

Literally the only Guardian burn that isn’t instant is Zealot’s Fire. Only reason you don’t see 6k burn ticks is the target can’t survive that long. Also instant physical damage skills, name a couple please. How much condition removal do you expect people to carry, remove cover conditions now remove the burn and hope they don’t put on more right after. Also shatter burst is easy enough to counter if you have any sort of teleport/block or weapon dodge, clones have a travel time, that is if you fail to avoid their swap immobilize in the first place, Guardians instantly teleport.

Most guard burns come from the passive of virtue of justice which requires you to land skills. As for your second statement, I have a very hard time believing people don’t live long enough when they keep posting damage profiles where they lived for 50+ seconds, and yet complain about dieing.

You go on to name shatters, which are instant damage skills, but right before that you said they don’t exist. Guess that’s why you post an argument about countering them, without realizing or at least acknowledging those same skills can counter most of the guardians burn application (which as many have said they can). It’s hilarious again that you don’t acknowledge mesmers have an instant port besides swap as well as stealth to set up their damage even more easily than a guard.

As for the question about condition clear. I expect about 3 every 10 seconds. It’s about how much I normally have and taking anymore than that is overkill. One can easily be from genorosity, and mes and thief can get away with less because of smart disengage.

Just play Burn Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Things that stop melee physical damage.
Cripple/Chill
Blind
Weakness
Slow
Confusion
Invulnerability
Dodge
Leaps
CC
Toughness
Things that stop ranged physical damage.
All of the above besides Cripple/Chill unless you are running
Reflect
Line of Sight
Things that stop condition damage.
Lucky dodges or blinds
Condition removal
Resistance
Most condition causing skills aren’t even projectiles but reflect or dodges for the few that are.

This is one of my favorite posts I’ve read on these forums. I’ve always thought when we people go on about how conditions are weak due to condi removal, “But aren’t there tons of ways to avoid direct damage as well?”

Enjoyed seeing them all listed out.