Just played a match without any thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

Man was it fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

where? screen or didnt happen

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

I do love a match without thieves. The major issue with them is 90% of the players are quite frankly the very worst of PVP. I have seen some truly awful thieves in my days, and its the class that punishes bad players the best. The more thieves you have, the higher the chance of some Wv3 trying to make a “uberpwnage” video and forgetting without the gear+level+buff advantage, things are not so easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

would be nice to have an option to choose between classic conquest mode and
some conquest mode with options like every team can ban one profession, so two professions are banned for a match.

would also show to anet which professions peoples actually hate most to fight, because i heard something like “we want all professions be fun to play and fun to fight against”

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yeah. Thief is not a class you want on your team right now. Other professions can do the job better.

in PvP

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

I prefer duel a hambow warrior or 3 turret engineer instead a thief. The stealth mechanic i have always find it stupid and broken. Im the kind of dude that finish what i started.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

I prefer duel a hambow warrior or 3 turret engineer instead a thief. The stealth mechanic i have always find it stupid and broken. Im the kind of dude that finish what i started.

Stealth complaining in SPVP . . . am i missing something?

How stealth can be any stupid or broken in SPVP? . . . every this this forum is . . .

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Thief is a class that requires low skill to use it to troll ppl (Like hj or pve/wvsw) but has a really high ceiling if you wanna be good in tn where ppl actually know how to fight and counter you, i still see thieves spamming hs around after 2 years this game got out…thieves are really viable in tpvp, or let’s say…good thieves are viable, if you have a bad one just get another braindead war and is gonna be better for sure. It’s like shatter mesmer…a good shatter mesmer can make the difference (Maybe not in this meta but…whatever) a bad mesmer is just gonna be a cripple for the whole team while a bad war or engi can still do something even if totally stupid since those are way more forgiving classes/specs..same story with thieves

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Thief is a class that requires low skill to use it to troll ppl (Like hj or pve/wvsw) but has a really high ceiling if you wanna be good in tn where ppl actually know how to fight and counter you, i still see thieves spamming hs around after 2 years this game got out…thieves are really viable in tpvp, or let’s say…good thieves are viable, if you have a bad one just get another braindead war and is gonna be better for sure. It’s like shatter mesmer…a good shatter mesmer can make the difference (Maybe not in this meta but…whatever) a bad mesmer is just gonna be a cripple for the whole team while a bad war or engi can still do something even if totally stupid since those are way more forgiving classes/specs..same story with thieves

You mean S/D thieves are viable in tpvp. You rarely see any other weapon set used by top end thieves. Most of it is because we are in a condi tank meta, and the traditional D/P is no longer viable due to the lack of condi clear.

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

So, I want to just do a little prove/disprove/opination on some things (I main Thief and Mesmer(yes both)).
Most thief players want the stealth handicap and few builds can do without. So yes, worst players will pick this, Warrior, or Guardian first. No offense to any of these classes. They just sound like the stereotypical easymodes.
As a thief, I hate hambows (I d/d…can’t seem to do well else, asked on s/d…still can’t do a thing with it other than steal all your boons then load em up with condi) oh…and I hate AI that will defend a player more than they do because pathing is stupid.
To the “HS SPAM”, sometimes it is quicker. Example, a downed player has 10% hp…dont use finisher, just one shot with Heartseeker. Thief will do worse than cripple a team if they are terribad- they will feed 5 points to the other team while keeping it 4v5…
X/D is viable because the offhand stealth with one click and no cooldown is fantastic.

As mesmer, all these comments mean nothing to me because Phantasms. Yes, Phantasms. I toss a berserker with my 214% ferocity and all crit chain (yes, whole whirl is crit) and just knock peeps down. XD Couldn’t resist the alternate perspective. This post has no purpose.

TL;DR? Yea, don’t bother.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

If there was a “ban/pick” system in GW2, we could totally see matches without Thieves.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Smoke field= You stand it and you’re blinded. You range attack through it and you’re blinded. You melee in it and you’re blinded. You use brawlers recovery and you’re blinded. You AoE on it and you’re blinded. You reverse the conditions back onto the thief and you’re blinded. You use immunity to conditions and they stealth. One of the few perfect no counter skills in game. Mildly spammable.