Just remove the trait system

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

And replace it with a system similar to diablo 3. Where you can modify existing skills to function differently.

For example, you can change whirling wrath so it applies chill on hit, but you can no longer move.

Looking at the trait system just makes me realize that we only have a illusion of choice, the reality there is none. Which is why there are so few builds in pvp or even in pve. Just my thoughts.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Diage.6451

Diage.6451

Don’t forget Anet, designed it to have minimal choice. So that their job could be easier.

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Don’t forget Anet, designed it to have minimal choice. So that their job could be easier.

Seems like they had a easier time with GW1.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Diage.6451

Real truth

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Because in gw2 the burden of balance falls entirely upon the developer, meanwhile gw1 was a somewhat self regulating system.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

That is basically what the trait system should’ve been IMO.

Something along the lines of Warhammer traits.

A trait would take an existing ability, then take away and add essentially changing the ability in a way, giving some nice variety/customization.

“Single Target Nuke” does 30% less dmg, but is now aoe and cripples.

“Gap Closer w/Cripple” now immobilizes instead but loses half it’s range.

“Gap Closer w/Cripple” no longer cripples but has 25% more range and 25% less cooldown.

There should’ve been stuff like this for every ability, would’ve made customization so much more fun.

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

The trait system is nice, I don’t get the whining.

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I don’t see too much of a problem with the trait system, either. It does feel a bit limiting at times, only getting 7 major traits total, but being limiting isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

They should start with unbinding stats from traits. I would love to play with other trait lines, but their stats are useless to me. For example, it’s possible to have 30% crit damage bonus with 4% crit chance, which is just stupid. Or 300 condition damage in full power build, without a single damaging condi ability.

Also, there are still useless traits which are never picked, because they serve totally no purpose.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Almost every1 wants this garbage trait system of theirs to be changed and i haven’t seen a single dev mention anything about the ideas. To them the current laughable trait system must be good haha, easier for them to balance because we’re as limited as it possible can be.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

Don’t like traits, hope they change them or remove them.

I’d rather have more weapons skills that you could swap and more utility skills.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

this suggestion is like buying a buick and complaining it hasn’t the features of a lincoln

stupid suggestion is stupid

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Almost every1 wants this garbage trait system of theirs to be changed.

WTB evidence.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Almost every1 wants this garbage trait system of theirs to be changed.

WTB evidence.

YOu will get is hyperbole from him, it’s best to ignore what he says.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

silvermember.8941

considering the game sort of spiraled out of control to the point where some classes operated on a significantly different level in PvE vs PvP, shows says otherwise.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

considering the game sort of spiraled out of control to the point where some classes operated on a significantly different level in PvE vs PvP, shows says otherwise.

what a useless point, of course there are large differences — they’re completely different environments

in PvP

silvermember.8941

what a useless point, of course there are large differences — they’re completely different environments

You are right, but it goes to show you how the balance so how out of whack that classes. Ultimately though PvE and PvP are part of the same game, you cannot ignore one because you prefer the other. The point being you might WANT PvP to be entirely different but ARenanet doesn’t agree with you and so you have to look at both things not only one side.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

The trait system for mesmers is pretty lol.. it doesn’t matter what you do 20/20/00/30 is going to be the best..

You want bursty condi damage? 20/20/00/30
You want bursty Physical Damage?20/20/00/30
You want Condi remove stuff and survivability?? 20/20/00/30

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

You are right, but it goes to show you how the balance so how out of whack that classes. Ultimately though PvE and PvP are part of the same game, you cannot ignore one because you prefer the other. The point being you might WANT PvP to be entirely different but ARenanet doesn’t agree with you and so you have to look at both things not only one side.

never said i prefered one over the other
anet have already stated they will need to split more skills and traits
there have always been large differences in class effectiveness in gw2 pvp vs pve
i don’t know what you’re smoking man, you’re just making things up

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I find it hilarious that the only thing the current trait/weapon system did, by putting all the balance in the dev’s hands, just made everyone realize exactly how little the devs know about ‘enjoyable gameplay’…
It made people realize how kittening lucky the devs were to actually make GW1.
It must have been like kittenting out gold for them.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

The trait system for mesmers is pretty lol.. it doesn’t matter what you do 20/20/00/30 is going to be the best..

You want bursty condi damage? 20/20/00/30
You want bursty Physical Damage?20/20/00/30
You want Condi remove stuff and survivability?? 20/20/00/30

Errrrrrrrrrrrr.
I haven’t used 20/20/00/30 in months, and am very glad of that.
You’ve clearly missed all the 20/20/30/0/0 builds going around since the Prismatic Understanding buff.

My personal trait build is 20/30/20/0/0 and still does a better job than 20/20/0/0/30 ever did.

Dragonbrand

in PvP

silvermember.8941

there have always been large differences in class effectiveness in gw2 pvp vs pve

I get the feeling you are intentionally being dense. The difference in PvE and PvP in gw2 is neglible in terms of mechanics. Guild wars 1 classes were so entirely different because of the splits (not arguing against splits, just saying that balance was so out of whack that some classes ended being gutted or played ENTIREly not just a few skills but the whole class mechanics in one mode vs the other).

in PvP

Diage.6451

I get the feeling you are intentionally being dense. The difference in PvE and PvP in gw2 is neglible in terms of mechanics. Guild wars 1 classes were so entirely different because of the splits (not arguing against splits, just saying that balance was so out of whack that some classes ended being gutted or played ENTIREly not just a few skills but the whole class mechanics in one mode vs the other).

I personally would argue that’s a good thing. In GW1, if you ever saw a dervish, necro, or paragon in the meta it was either really lame or really broken. Those three classes were mechanically broken. Assasins somewhat, they did have a moment. There are things which are fun in PvE and things which are fun in PvP. There is no reason that one must conclude that because it is fun in PvE it must therefore be fun in PvP.

Side Note: Of course, Anet pulled a prank and said LOL BUFF DERVISHES and then ran away from balancing GW1 ever again. Making it nearly impossible for me to ever want to return. So let’s be weary of the type of things they feel are good tend not to be the healthiest.

in PvP

Darnis.4056

The PU build is a hotjoin build… I don’t play hotjoin :/

I don’t need the extra second of stealth… I’ve played like 20 builds this week and I usually swap around builds weekly and I’ve found the 20/20/00/30 to be the best for what I do.

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

The trait system is nice, I don’t get the whining.

The current trait system imo is the main cause behind this game’s combat being so passive based. Basically any trait that automatically activates without the player having to do anything or very little.

Instead, the focal point of the trait system should be altering the effectiveness of skills being activated by the player instead of the system automatically doing it for the player.

in PvP

EnRohbi.2187

The PU build is a hotjoin build… I don’t play hotjoin :/

I don’t need the extra second of stealth… I’ve played like 20 builds this week and I usually swap around builds weekly and I’ve found the 20/20/00/30 to be the best for what I do.

Mesmers are pretty frowned upon outside of hotjoin right now in general.
Your 20/20/0/0/30 build is a hotjoin build too.

Dragonbrand

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Yes.. soloque serious business..
Maybe now that the only classes in tpvp are Ranger Necro Warrior Guardian Thief

in PvP

EnRohbi.2187

Yes.. soloque serious business..
Maybe now that the only classes in tpvp are Ranger Necro Warrior Guardian Thief

Not bashing,
I main a Mesmer too and play more tpvp than hotjoins, regardless of the current trends.

Just saying, there’s a lot of people that don’t think any builds from our class belong in tournaments right now, so calling the PU build a hotjoin build isn’t really saying anything. :P

Dragonbrand

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Oh okay.. uhh.. PU build is a non conquest build :P it’s an hour duel build