Justin help! Ranked games feel like hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

Since the today’s patch I have around 8-10 mates. All ranked and every time I’m matched with or against bunch of PvErs. 2-3 players capping 1 point, mindlessly running in and out of teamfights. AFKers or leavers (4 out of my 10 games were 4v5). Everyone is running with guild banners for magic and gold find. Most games ends with scores like 500:50 or 500:200 at best. Looks and plays exactly like hotjoin.
I’ve attached few screens for you to see.
http://i.imgur.com/dXEo7Mp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/h1tVjf9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/msUxaid.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RO5N4FL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zSeFBeo.jpg
I’m not sure what the problem is, because it all seems so random. But most likley becayse a lot of new players are joining PvP now, and the default mmr value is set too high, or it was not carried over correctly, now we are all matched
So, Justin, I know you are all alone on this. We all apricieated your hard work at trying to keep this kitten up, we really do. You are the only one who shows some kind of activity from Anet.
But, please look at your kittening data, do your kitten right and fix this stupid matchmaking already. It’s being half a month now of complete blownout matches, unfair matchmaking, solo vs teams, leavers, dcs, bugs,… EVEN A DUDE POSTED A SCREENSHOT OF HOW HE QUEUED WITH A PARTY AND ENDED UP IN THE OPPOSING TEAM!!!!!

P.S. Most of the time I’m on the winning team. I’m not crying because I’m loosing, but because it’s really frustrating to play matches with players who do not know the basics of the maps….

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

I’ll look into it.

In the future, all I need to know is which arena you were in, and what the time it was.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

savov.3712

Thank you for the quick response.
I’m playing only solo ranked, since the leaderboard started, like 3 hours ago(?). All my games from today, are all solo ranked and all are since the leaderboard started. Haven’t played anything else. And I’m yet to be placed in a fun, fair and competitive match. Till now, all feel like playing low-level hotjoin…

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Thank you for the quick response.
I’m playing only solo ranked, since the leaderboard started, like 3 hours ago(?). All my games from today, are all solo ranked and all are since the leaderboard started. Haven’t played anything else. And I’m yet to be placed in a fun, fair and competitive match. Till now, all feel like playing low-level hotjoin…

Not sure what to tell you.

The lowest rank you played against with today was a rank 30. The majority have been 70-80. You haven’t had any roster size mismatch issues, and MMRs have all been in range for each match.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

So, I just finished a ranked arena match (started ~ 5:00 pm EST) and it STARTED as 4v5. We did not have a 5th from the very beginning, and no one joined all game. I thought the new system was supposed to prevent these matches from starting? Why are we still starting with 4v5 matches??? Someone obviously didn’t click the queue to join, yet the match started anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

So, I just finished a ranked arena match (started ~ 5:00 pm EST) and it STARTED as 4v5. We did not have a 5th from the very beginning, and no one joined all game. I thought the new system was supposed to prevent these matches from starting? Why are we still starting with 4v5 matches??? Someone obviously didn’t click the queue to join, yet the match started anyway.

He probably got DC during loading and got autolose + dishonor so he never came back.

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

The match cannot start without a player confirming the match. There may be some race condition if the player leaves after accepting caused by not receiving the message about the player leaving until the match is already started. I’ll look into it and see if there is anything more I can do to prevent it.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I had a bug where I canceled a queue, traveled to lion’s arch, and was about to log to go do something else, and a queue popped!? I wasn’t too pleased

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

savov.3712

I know what to tell you:
Before the new matchmaking, I was in the top 100, in prime time EU I was playing with and against really good players. One of my last matches in joining alone team queue was with Helseth, who raged at me for being a crappy ranger(mostly playing ele/guard) and winning despite me failing a bit too much. It was only close games, mostly 500:450. Fun times.
And now, all I get are pve kittens, running around in circles like chicken, zero communication, getting tripple capped 2 minutes into the game.
Just check my last game. 500:80, with me being the only one having more then 10 personal points. How the kittening kitten is that “MMRs in range for the match”. Seriously HOW?!
Get your kitten togheter!

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

yeah i noticed im not getting the same players as before and its causing very frustrating matches. Most of the players im getting seem not to understand basic rotating.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

well i can’t win a single match either… team just mindlessly runs in circles like bots.. i don’t get it

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Played around 10 games, all decent to great games.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@Justin: 4v5 is sometimes due to the map. If skyhammer is rolled, it is more fun to Alt-F4 and do something else than to play that map. It might be beneficial to see what maps have the most 4v5. Just a theory.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

@Justin: 4v5 is sometimes due to the map. If skyhammer is rolled, it is more fun to Alt-F4 and do something else than to play that map. It might be beneficial to see what maps have the most 4v5. Just a theory.

Didn’t they say that Skyhammer, Spiritwatch and Courtyard aren;t in the rotation since the patch? I have yet to see them…

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I had a bug where I canceled a queue, traveled to lion’s arch, and was about to log to go do something else, and a queue popped!? I wasn’t too pleased

I had the exact same thing happen to me earlier, about 3 hours ago where I was queued for unranked, left the queue (was in a custom arena) and about a minute later was asked to ready up for the match.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Didn’t they say that Skyhammer, Spiritwatch and Courtyard aren;t in the rotation since the patch? I have yet to see them…

Yes, they are no longer available in ranked arena. However, I didn’t make that change until an hour after the ladder started. -_-

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I ran into an odd issue earlier where several people in my team quid for ranked and we ended up going in unranked, it was my first game back at like 12:30 pm today central, only seen this happen once so far though.

in PvP

Posted by: tronjeremy.5820

tronjeremy.5820

Yeah I can say that I’ve been paired with a bunch of azzhats today.

Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I just had a rank match where my teammates never went for points or nodes. They just kept running to random places, got caught and died. Does this mean solo Q=having headless chickens as teammates?

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: Kodthr.7103

Kodthr.7103

Is there some kind of MMR in unranked ?

Since patch I usually do unranked games for soloQ but it seems something went wrong with the update.
Therefore, I do have some questions :

Have you removed the anti-“profession stacking” from the queue ? I just went against three guard vs two thieves (btw, the new dailies bring a lot of new players inside pvp but they usually just come to gt the APs, so they don’t stay that long) and yesterday evening I was with three thieves against war/necro/thief. Everytime I check if they are solo-ing… and they are.

Is there some kind of MMR in unranked ? Games feels really sad now and begin to disgust me the more I play. I mean, you see new incomers only for daily, people trying to aim with the treb for the half of the game without even doing a single damage.

Are there a lot of players in unranked ? My first thought was that unranked was here to chill and ranked games were here to be competitive (like when you play with a 5man premade). But unranked games don’t allow me to enjoy the game anymore, so I might want to consider going soloQ in ranked games.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If a player leaves, there should be a new player from the queue assigned to fill up the space so both sides can resume the game. End.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

If a player leaves, there should be a new player from the queue assigned to fill up the space so both sides can resume the game. End.

Would you be okay to join a team losing 100-300 ?

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

if a player leaves, the game MUST NOT count toward ladder points and MMR. it’s THAT simple. it needs to count as an abandon, like it is in dota2. all 5v4’s shouldn’t count for anything for either team, and the abandoner should get a hefty penalty (like they have to play 20 matches in unranked or something)

in PvP

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

Justin,

I sincerely don’t get it anymore. I thought this was suppose to improve matchmaking?
Ever since the december 2nd patch, I have nothing but either bad games where people double cap, run around like headless chickens, don’t even understand basic rotations and die to the npc in forest.

It doesn’t matter how many games I win or lose or just go plain insane from the stupidity that I have to witness. It doesn’t improve at all in any shape or form or time frame.

If this is what esports it, then I want soloQ back.

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

in PvP

Posted by: Vamp Rook.7835

Vamp Rook.7835

I had a warrior and guardian farming svanir and chieftain since start, ONLY farming bosses…

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

I had a warrior and guardian farming svanir and chieftain since start, ONLY farming bosses…

Who are you to tell them not to hone their skills to try and get into DnT?

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Played around 10 games, all decent to great games.

Were you solo all those games, butch? We’re generally talking about solo players here.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ Half solo, half duo queue.
Today the same 20 or so matches: 3/4 blowouts, the rest decent to great matches (played solo, duo, 3-man and 4-man :p)

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

And how were the games you soloed?

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)