plz anet and be quick about it

Attachments:

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

(edited by Lexander.4579)

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

If real that would be way OP even if you had to sacrifice the pet and leave him out of commission for a couple of minutes.

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

If real that would be way OP even if you had to sacrifice the pet and leave him out of commission for a couple of minutes.

this is as real as scrapper’s current balance state

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Many pets can hit this hard with a certain build. The ranger has to sacrifice most of his traits and utilitys for an easily avoidable very unreliable single big hit. Works best with drakes which can hit for 25k+ on glassy targets (under perfect conditions). And this is nothing new, it was already possible pre HoT.

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

LoL, nerf Juvenile wolf , its so OP every ranger/druid is picking it right?
The wolf’s leap is uncontrollable. To get that damage you need a specifc build, combination of like 4 different buff modifiers , some of them are hard to set up(like MOC) and cross your fingers you get your leap when time is right and that it will actually hit. Its almost like winning lottery.

You need to push rangers to use wloves over the new hot pets, it will be much easyer to fight vs them.

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Lexander.4579

LoL, nerf Juvenile wolf , its so OP every ranger/druid is picking it right?
The wolf’s leap is uncontrollable. To get that damage you need a specifc build, combination of like 4 different buff modifiers , some of them are hard to set up(like MOC) and cross your fingers you get your leap when time is right and that it will actually hit. Its almost like winning lottery.

You need to push rangers to use wloves over the new hot pets, it will be much easyer to fight vs them.

sounds just like landing vault with staff thief

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Yeah, this has been possible for ranger for a very long time. He must have might stacked his pet to 25 stacks of might. The combination started with hilt bash, which interrupted you and activated Moment of Clarity for +50% damage.

He is using a Core Ranger BeastMaster build. Most likely Marksmanship, Nature Magic, and Beast Mastery. His MoC enabled maul only critical hit for 5k (which is low) so he put everything into his pet. Drake can hit just as hard. He probably also popped signet of the wild and signet of the hunt for the pet strike.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

You don’t need MoC, the pet always gains the 50% dmg buff from Hilt Bash (even if it doesn’t hit). And don’t forget about Sic’Em and Opening Strike.

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

LughLongArm.5460

You don’t need MoC, the pet always gains the 50% dmg buff from Hilt Bash (even if it doesn’t hit). And don’t forget about Sic’Em and Opening Strike.

Dont you have to “hit from behind” to get the bonus from hit bash without MOC?

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Nope. Hilt Bash automatically gives your pet an attack of opportunity. It’s worth noting that this is the same buff as Signet of the Hunt and Moment of Clarity give, so none of the three stack.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Many pets can hit this hard with a certain build. The ranger has to sacrifice most of his traits and utilitys for an easily avoidable very unreliable single big hit. Works best with drakes which can hit for 25k+ on glassy targets (under perfect conditions). And this is nothing new, it was already possible pre HoT.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I suspect the ranger actually got lucky it didn’t get wasted on an auto attack or flat out miss by you moving slightly. I assume he was trying to use the several skill combo on a brutal charge from a pet swap but the wolf skill was probably still on recharge. If he hadn’t gotten lucky/been paying extremely close attention, most of his build would have been wasted on a powerful auto attack or just have missed due to natural player movement.

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

LughLongArm.5460

Nope. Hilt Bash automatically gives your pet an attack of opportunity. It’s worth noting that this is the same buff as Signet of the Hunt and Moment of Clarity give, so none of the three stack.

Well, thats kinda annoying, pets shouldnt get a nerf, but I can why understand why combination of bugs which empower pets can make players salty.
Hit bash bug – procs for pets even without you hit the target.
MOC bug – pets get the bonus even without the trait
Bristleback F2 bug – F2 shoots 20 times not 15 as mentioned in tooltip.

any other bugs I should know about?

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

This is not a bug. Every weapon skill, which affects the pet, works like this (LB3, Axe3, SB4, Sword1). And the tooltip doesn’t say “when you hit”.

And i can’t confirm the MoC bug. Do you know, under which conditions it happens (definitely not always) or is it just from the wiki (which might be wrong)?

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

And this is nothing new, it was already possible pre HoT.

The new thing with the last patch is how Sic ’Em! works.

Prior last patch, during the Sic ’Em! Buff, your pet just dealt auto attack damage and the Buff got canceled once you command your pet do something else.

Now the buff stays and the pet uses his abilities.

This means, that now, the Bristblacks Spike Shots can deal +40% more damage than prior the last patch.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

LughLongArm.5460

This is not a bug. Every weapon skill, which affects the pet, works like this (LB3, Axe3, SB4, Sword1). And the tooltip doesn’t say “when you hit”.

And i can’t confirm the MoC bug. Do you know, under which conditions it happens (definitely not always) or is it just from the wiki (which might be wrong)?

You are right about hitbash, my bad. I got the MOC bug from wiki havn’t confirmed.

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

UmbraNoctis.1907

The new thing with the last patch is how Sic ’Em! works.

Prior last patch, during the Sic ’Em! Buff, your pet just dealt auto attack damage and the Buff got canceled once you command your pet do something else.

Now the buff stays and the pet uses his abilities.

This means, that now, the Bristblacks Spike Shots can deal +40% more damage than prior the last patch.

Sic’Em got changed with HoT, not with the last patch. And the change affects only the F2 skills (so yes, bristleback wouldn’t benefit from it pre HoT, but this thread isn’t about bristle). Skills like the wolf’s leaps could get the 40% dmg buff even before.

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

25k o.o as ele it would kill me twice.
About huge investment, unreriability etc. etc. how much traits sigils runes I need investment to make dragon’s tooth dmg that will compete that 25k hit against single target.

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Lexander.4579

suddenly bristleback doesnt seem all that bad

Juvenile wolf needs nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I remember some months back meeting a ranger where his Juvenile Drake hit me for 12 – 14k damage with Tailswipe,i believe i ran knight even.
I do believe he traited fully for that too happen.We did some duels after to see the dmg his pets could do,the drake by far hit for the highest.And tbh it wasnt even that hard to land it on me eventhough the swipe in itself is slow,he made sure to either root/knock where his pet charged at me.