Khylo Changes

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

With over 70% of players picking old khylo in the poll it’s pretty clear people dislike the changes that were made, only thing is I wonder if anet will listen to or ignore the player base similar to how the wvw community was ignored regarding how bad desert BL was at the start of the expansion, which then resulted in massive amounts of wvw players quitting.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m liking the new map so far. The visibility is so much better, and I love the extra exit near camp. It’s definitely less frustrating to fight on mid.

That’s one of the main detractions for the new map. I makes sniping far too easy. It also removes many safety and mobility options for Thief and Mesmer.

The map itself selectively nerfs Thief and Mesmer while buffing ranger and war.

Mesmerising Girl

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

As a Mesmer I like the changes. It actually makes Necro, DH, Ele, have to use their skills and not just staack AOE’s.

The only reason I avoided mid was terrible camera angles and it’s encouragement of AOE spam.

I like the design. I hated the destructive buildings…becasue the collision for them is downright…pitiful. The cliiiiping is real!

It makes dealing with Sideliners pretty fun. Ranger on the side. Nope. Thief trying to creep around a corner to after attacking neeewp.

But being that I always go sides on this map…I am not really honestly truly concerned with the changes. I mean my illusions can take the stairs now at least.
I’ll take an anti-camp update any day.

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

only the third exit to treb is ok. The rest of the changes killed the theme of the map (and the fun factor). It’s now into the pit of colliseum and foefire as massive zerg fest only maps. Tactics other then winning zerg fight barely work (used to be different). I always vote for the map on wich zerg tactic, fails most often. That used to be khylo. Now that won’t be anymore.

Stop killing maps arenanet. You barely have good maps left. Leave them alone, thanks. As for me, old map but with third exit to treb = best compromise. Plz do so arenanet.

Never EVER had camera problems in khylo. If you play the game a lot like i do, high roofs like that never blind you, maybe if the roof was 5x as low it could be problem, but it’s very high, so no problem.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: charchar.2149

charchar.2149

Old Khylo was better.

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: babana.7521

babana.7521

Removing the roof is not good at all, the treb in the game plays an important part, it does so much. and the roof is a good place for sneaky play. bad idea imho to remove the roof.

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I liked the map the way it was. Now I hate it. It feels very small, and you can snowball a match so quickly. Same for the changed to Cap. It’s just a big open space now. Might as well just remove all buildings and levels and have one big cap point for people to fight over. As it stands the maps are getting worse not better.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I’ve had a change of heart. This map snowballs quicker than any other map by a long shot. Officially my least favorite map of all.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I do not like modifications. Why reforge and modify new maps, instead of creating new ones?

I liked the old map, it was fine. We used it for years, it was used in PvP competitions.

Developers should create new maps, new content, new mechanics and new game modes. They should add new content, not modify the old content that already has a good feedback.

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

After playing this map awhile now, I gotta say I like the new changes. Looks a little strange, but I love how open it is now.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

It appears that strong knockbacks such as ranger’s longbow can force someone into a wall on mid node that is located on the top of the stairs (or in the front of the node) thus making players incapable of getting out. However it appears that thieves are able to somehow get out due to their skills. I hope it will get looked into, or perhaps give us a command to let us respawn.

Attachments:

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

What they did to this map is a shame. It’s complete bs now.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I kind of prefer the old set-up. Having the spots to shadowstep/port to did give it a more unique experience. I mean, I know they’re still there, but it just isn’t the same.

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Old map was better. The new one looks weird and has lost its flavour.

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I think this map could be a lot better if there was more intense darkness. the night time effect is a joke, its practically day.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: QUAZILLA.3072

QUAZILLA.3072

New Kyhlo is so much better, dying near a wall due to missing a skill from sudden camera moves was annoying and i never picked the map in ranked because of that.

PvP is my most played game mode.

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Grab that black brush, rub it on the top corners of the brick in middle, add burnt wood debris on the ground and middle, boom map = fixed. It will no longer look like some one got too happy with the delete button.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Aaaaand here goes my favourite map. This is an abomination…

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

Khylo Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Brigantia.5746

Brigantia.5746

Agree.
I want the old one again. It was much much better, and I like being able to climb the roof.