Kicked from match after clicking orb?

in PvP

Posted by: Midma.6081

Midma.6081

Q:

I was in my first Pvp match yesterday… We were winning by a large margin and all of a sudden. I go to click an orb to take the middle base. After I clicked the orb. It just kicks me from the match as if nothing happens. I didn’t recive credit for a win or loss.

What did I do wrong? I plan on trying again when I’m off work but. I’d really appreciate an answer if possible before I do. Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

what do you mean, exactly, by “click an orb”?

at first I thought you meant grabbing the Orb in the Spirit Watch map.. but that doesn’t really make sense with the rest of the statement (ie: “.. to take the middle base”)

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Midma.6081

Well again it was my first Pvp match. It was an orb near water in the middle of the map. I went up to the orb. Right clixked it. And it teleported me out. Maybe it wasnt a base? Thanks for the reply

in PvP

Midma.6081

it was a blue orb. If that helps haha

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I was in my first Pvp match yesterday… We were winning by a large margin and all of a sudden. I go to click an orb to take the middle base. After I clicked the orb. It just kicks me from the match as if nothing happens. I didn’t recive credit for a win or loss.

What did I do wrong? I plan on trying again when I’m off work but. I’d really appreciate an answer if possible before I do. Thanks.

Was this in a custom server? You may have joined someone’s private server by accident and been kicked out by an admin.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

That is what it sounds like to me. Joined in an unlocked private server for ‘guild members only’, most likely. They then kicked you out of the match.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Midma.6081

It was just an unranked pvp match I joined through the pvp finder

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

By PvP finder, I assume you mean the Game Browser, which is the 3rd tab on the side of the PvP window.

This is not normal unranked arena, this is in fact a list of all custom game servers including private servers. The official custom servers are the ones named “Server _”.

I would however suggest that you try practice mode or unranked mode in the first tab on the left side of the PvP window. Practice mode allows you to join and leave whenever you want, unranked forces you to stay in the match for the full duration.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

i could see in a custom game getting kicked for grabbing the orb. they probably had an agreement you didnt know about and kicked you for breaking it by grabbing the orb.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Midma.6081

It was on the first tab. I didn’t choose a game from a list. Just clicked unranked and joined the queue. Could that be custom?

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Well then it sounds like you just got disconnected for some reason. Possible the map crashed….Only explanation I can think of… I am pretty sure the Practice button (probably what you clicked) could have also accidentally shoved you into a custom arena instead of an Anet owned hotjoin…. seems like a glitch is all.. Just move past it

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: Arnekun.6170

Arnekun.6170

I know this is an old topic, but I just had something similar happen to me, I was in the middle of an unranked matchmade, not custom or practice, match and suddenly with no apparent trigger it started loading me into Heart of the Mists. Being experienced in SPvP, I am absolutely sure that this wasn’t a custom arena or practice arena, this was a queued matchmade game albeit unranked. So you’re not crazy and I don’t think you’re mistaken because basically the same thing happened to me and the game loaded me out of the matchmade game with no way back in. Perhaps it could have been a connection issue but I wasn’t experiencing any severe lag during the game and Heart of the Mists loaded quickly and players were behaving unlagged and normally as soon as it loaded. I’m guessing it’s an anomalous bug that’s hard to trace the root cause of.