Killing an engineer...but not slowly?...

in PvP

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Are there any builds on any class that can kill a tanky engineer in a regular amount of time instead of a horribly slow time?

I don’t have trouble killing engineers, but I do have trouble with it taking forever while they sit there and contest the point. >.<

Is there any class that can take an engineer to school without it taking forever? Ele maybe?

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Condi or CC. The end.

in PvP

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Okay I’m looking for a specific example of what class/build can kill an engineer in a reasonable amount of time.

I’ve been on a lot of random matchups and whenever there’s a tanky engineer it almost always seems to take a long time to kill no matter who is attacking it.

I know how to kill an engineer. I’m wondering what build can kill an engineer without it taking forever. I can kill a guardian faster than I can kill an engineer.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Shatter mesmer. But only if you outskill the engie.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

run condi necro, condi ranger, condi enginer.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

Okay I’m looking for a specific example of what class/build can kill an engineer in a reasonable amount of time.

All common engi builds run ONE condi cleanser and ONE or ZERO stun breakers. So my answer was not a brushoff. ANY condi and ANY CC will kill an engi.

in PvP

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

i still have yet to see someone “melt” a cele rifle engie as a condi necro… it still takes too long and team mates will always show up in time thanks to shield the abundance of cc and the low cd of healing turret aswell as the elixir.

in PvP

Fluffball.8307

i still have yet to see someone “melt” a cele rifle engie as a condi necro… it still takes too long and team mates will always show up in time thanks to shield the abundance of cc and the low cd of healing turret aswell as the elixir.

You have never played engi. And elixr S and shield don’t stop condis.

No condi clear and no CC clear = dead player. I literally don’t know what else you want from us. If you can’t kill a player that can’t stun break then I can’t help you.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Condis only melt engies too stupid to kite though. But even if it doesn’t melt the engie, the engie will have too much pressure to stand on point. Voila decap.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

well it’s pretty much like celestial eles and shout wars

Guess the real answer is that there is nothing that can kill them in a decent amount of time to be worth going 1v1

Bunker meta

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Guess the real answer is that there is nothing that can kill them in a decent amount of time to be worth going 1v1

Bunker meta

it’s not like either of these, both of them have great condi clear and the ele has stab. enji has 2 condi clears, one condi every 15s and 2 condis on healing turret. just play any of the condi builds i suggested above, or just any good condi build.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Bunker meta

Ele and Shoutheal are the only 2 specs that take unreasonably long to kill 1 on 1, condition and raw damage alike .

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Bunker meta

Ele and Shoutheal are the only 2 specs that take unreasonably long to kill 1 on 1, condition and raw damage alike .

celestial engi is still long enough to make any 1v1 on his point pretty much not worth the time you gonna spend there…engi is weak to condis, shout is weak to high dps and cc (Cause no stab and no endure pain) and ele is weak to burst dmg and boon removal (Aka mesmer)+chill\confusion…still this doesn’t allow for a really fast kill on any of those cause all three have insane sustain and can kite a lot…maybe if you moa them or if you go lich, but it’s kinda a waste..like engis crating 1v1 pretty much, let alone power nec is already bad in this meta

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Bunker meta

celestial engi is still long enough to make any 1v1 on his point pretty much not worth the time you gonna spend there…engi is weak to condis, shout is weak to high dps and cc (Cause no stab and no endure pain) and ele is weak to burst dmg and boon removal (Aka mesmer)+chill\confusion…still this doesn’t allow for a really fast kill on any of those cause all three have insane sustain and can kite a lot…maybe if you moa them or if you go lich, but it’s kinda a waste..like engis crating 1v1 pretty much, let alone power nec is already bad in this meta

We’re talking about solely 1 on 1. Shoutbow is not weak to direct damage since it has high armor and high sustain too. Shoutbow is only weak to focus fire by “multiple foes” because it lacks “damage immunity” type of defense. Realisticly, a shoutbow and a celestial ele should never die in 1 on 1 if both opponents are on the same skill level.