Kiting. Is the Kiter Noob or the Kited?

in PvP

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

Q:

Ive been able to kite 2-3 players on several occasions with my new lv 21 condi ranger (not a bunker condi build like some) and on most of them I was told that my build is “noob/dumb/weak”.

Who is the real noob, the kiter who can kite 2-3 people for a around a minute or the “smart” people actually chasing after the kite for so long?

Note: After around a minute or more is over I just turn left/right and escape them :I ussually never even able to kill me, via me using evades and immos

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

as a warrior, you will always be kited..

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

What’s even the point of this post? We all know that keeping 2-3 busy is more important than 2-3 people chasing after 1 person.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

the noob is obviously the kited, I mean they are running around uselessly.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

For what purpose are you kiting, though?

Making a build that can outlast a group of players isn’t difficult, but if theres no reason for you to be doing that, then yes it’s it is bad. If they’re ignoring objectives/important hings to chase you around and they don’t have an advantage elsewhere, then it’s not a bad tactic.

If you’re kiting people around, they’re in the lead in a match, or you can’t make anything useful of what you’re doing for your team, then kiting is pointless.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Depends on the class/spec, if it’s Guardian/Ranger/Shoutbow/Ele/Slick Shoes? It takes no skill.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I “Kited” or dodged focus fire on Ranger or Guard, those classes take no skill no matter how you build them anyways. On shoutbow? It depends on the comp, it takes no skill no matter what though even vs. burst because you wouldn’t be trying to kite burst in the first place anyways. On Ele/Slick Shoes? Nah I have a sense of humility.

Kiting in this game just shows how easy defense/evade/stun break spam mechanics are no matter what the meta to be honest. “Attacking” takes more skill, period.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

The noob is always the ranger. No matter what he/she does.

Ignore the people that think a mace shield warrior is high risk and skillful. Trust me, it’s always the ranger.