Kitten Christ, make a solo and team queue

in PvP

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Have the developers even played pvp? It’s a nightmare with random people against premade teams and guilds. And they say PVP is the fastest growing part of the game, you people gotta take care of it.

in PvP

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Plzplzplz Anet!

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Fastest growing is relative since they implemented a daily requirement for pvp (which has since been removed). I guess people really like hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

I’ll just make sure I form a team all the time from now on so I can be part of the problem and make everyone else in Solo Q’s life a living hell.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Solo Q players go AFK, nobody plays.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

If i could just say one thing,

Last night i had 3 matches and i faced 2 repping there logo and icon. We won both those matches. At the end of both matches both guild invited me to there guilds, im not saying im something special but there is something to be said about understanding of rotation and the ability to win a fight.

Solo que or not, for anyone that remembers you got stuck with poor players before and you will get stuck with them now as well. There was nothing better then being in the old solo que system, wait for 10 min get a match and you see zoose,OE, and tarcis on the other team and you dont recognize the peoples name on your team.

All im trying to say is no matter what level you are your gonna be put in situations you might not be able to win, i dont understand the crying over it. Im pretty sure the Philly 76ers want to win a game but you dont get to complain that they should be playing college teams.

in PvP

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

I think the easiest way to solve this fairly is to add some sort of in game voice chat. I’ve fought against many premades and won and I wager that’s because they were just five average bros hanging out in pvp or a guild group with no voice chat going. Communication is why these premades can dominate.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Agreed. Bring solo queue back.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Do people make new threads about these topics that are already being discussed because they know a band of people will rally behind them, and they want to be flag-bearers for “the cause”?

Also, kdaddy makes a good point. Even in solo queue, you’re going to get uncoordinated teams against a group who knows what they’re doing, and the result is probably going to be similar. Problems don’t magically go away with a solo queue. They just change.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Do people make new threads about these topics that are already being discussed because they know a band of people will rally behind them, and they want to be flag-bearers for “the cause”?

Also, kdaddy makes a good point. Even in solo queue, you’re going to get uncoordinated teams against a group who knows what they’re doing, and the result is probably going to be similar. Problems don’t magically go away with a solo queue. They just change.

I can not tell you how many times i would see guys on ESL teams on one side and me and a couple randoms on the other when we had solo que. I personally loved the challenge, even though i very rarely won in these match ups.

Especially at the end of the solo que era when matches took 10+min to happen. Get a match and the best 5 players are on 1 team and the other 5 players are good enough to compete but realistically had no chance. I really feel people beg for this for the illusion its not them but a fact there facing premades on ts, when the truth is 95% of the players on the forum are not as good as they think.

If the PvP season had a solo que leader board i think it could be fun but honestly the community probably isnt as big as it needs to be to have a solo que, ranked que and unranked que. Especially when there are so many people joining daily servers just to get dailies and get out.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

You’re actually describing matchmaking issues not solo queue issues.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I can not tell you how many times i would see guys on ESL teams on one side and me and a couple randoms on the other when we had solo que. I personally loved the challenge, even though i very rarely won in these match ups.

Especially at the end of the solo que era when matches took 10+min to happen. Get a match and the best 5 players are on 1 team and the other 5 players are good enough to compete but realistically had no chance. I really feel people beg for this for the illusion its not them but a fact there facing premades on ts, when the truth is 95% of the players on the forum are not as good as they think.

If the PvP season had a solo que leader board i think it could be fun but honestly the community probably isnt as big as it needs to be to have a solo que, ranked que and unranked que. Especially when there are so many people joining daily servers just to get dailies and get out.

And that’s what was wrong with soloq before, bad matchmaking/ 4v5s (rarely). They fixed this by having a much “fairer” matchmaking system, adding a ready up check box, included dishonor, locking you in hotm, but then they also removed soloq without testing any of the problems they just solved by implementing these new things?

If the system was still inherently broke I would understand the removal of soloq, but they added the main features that were unappealing to play solo (you mentioned plenty). On the new system I have started to notice if you play duo you are likely to face another duo (their skill lvl doesn’t matter) and I notice it on 5 mans when the system pairs you it does it vs some random pve 5 man trying to get their missions done if there is nobody to play with, if it extends longer it just does 3 solos + 2 duo which isn’t very fun to play against.

in PvP

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

imo they should have a zerg que and we who like to pvp que. I am not playing pvp at this moment except for the daily, because of the endless zergs which provide no fights only ganking one or two and it just sickens me. Sometimes you are lucky and get a 1v1 fight and you are having fun and then either my team or the enemie team zerg in and splat the other person. And this is where i just give up.

And if you by any chance try and tell your team to split up and take the points instead of ganking one person, you will get kitten back and that is when i ask my self why i bother to play pvp and i mostly leave.

PvP is changing with f2p, it was no way perfect before, but the last months it reached a point were it just is not worth it, you gain no skills by gank people and i am in pvp to push my skills, learn more and have fun. It is not fun to zerg. pvp is not about zerg. If you like zerging, wvw provide this in a better way were you can hide in the group not ever having to fight on your own.

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Solo que is unnecessary. Look how queuing in a competitive games looks like, for example in CS:GO. There is no distinction between solo and team – and it works perfectly. Maybe it has voice chat, but here we have pings.

If you want to win as much as possible and climb up the ladder asap, then play with a team. Organizing a team is also considered a skill.

If you are a casual, then play solo; but don’t expect to reach the top only by skillfully spamming skills on your favourite profession.

Anyway, the ultimate argument against solo que is extended queuing time, which is already long. In LoL, there is a solo que (or last time I played), but they can afford it thanks to big player base. In gw2, we can’t.

Lastly, there are things with higher priority.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Lastly, there are things with higher priority.

Priorities in my book:
1. Balance: power creep has to go! Anet has to take unpopular measures (nerf almost everything) for the greater good.
2. Separate queues.
3. Ability to play hotjoin while queuing and/or add multiple combat rings in the mists: put an end to Mistanamo.
4. Make hotjoin feels more fair (faster auto-balance, inability to join winning team in case of evenly sized teams, 2 brackets based on rank…).

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Merged queue need to go with leagues. Teams have no right to have high league position simply because they have TS to organze and able to roflstomp majority of soloquers because of that.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

Either way the q times will be longer when leagues come.
If they add solo q, they divide an already small player base in 2 so q times go up.
If they leave it as is, a considerable amount of solo players will not participate in leagues so q times will also go up.
Given that in both scenarios q times go up but in the second scenario you also end up losing players, I think the clever choice here is to add solo queue…