Kitten this event!

Kitten this event!

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

This quote is picked from the news and announcement page:
“We have a team looking into disconnection problems that prevented some people from receiving their event rewards.
We will implement a solution so that people who participated will get their rewards, but this takes work on our end, so it will not happen today.
Keep an eye on our forums and social media channels, we will let you know once we have the solution in place.
Thank you, and we apologize that you were unable to claim your rewards.” From Martin Kerstein, head of global communication.

I love how they post a reply about a PvE “problem” hours after it happening, promising a imminent fix for the “poor sods” that was on the receiving ends.
But I have yet to see a similar post about any of our problems on the PvP forums. For example, after three days of huge lags (read unplayable) we still have yet to hear a single reply about it.
I would even have been satisfied with a “Sorry for the inconvenience but you will have to suffer through it until the event is finished”. Then they would at least acknowledge there being a problem.

Kitten this event!

in PvP

Posted by: Infinitus.3712

Infinitus.3712

With the treatment that the pvp community has been receiving from the Dev’s lately it’s no wonder why so many people have thrown in the towel

Infi TV- Engineer for Genesis Gaming [GG]
http://www.twitch.tv/infintitus
https://twitter.com/infinitustv -[Desolation EU]

Kitten this event!

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

This has nothing to do with A-net ignoring pvp. An apology is not necessary. Its just a part of playing a popular online game. Anytime there is a big event or patch, the servers will be stressed and lag may occur. It happens in almost every game I have played.

Kitten this event!

in PvP

Posted by: Regrets of Sini.6083

Regrets of Sini.6083

tPvP gets attention proportional to participation. Start asking for measures that would broaden participation. Like ladder matchmaking, like appearance transfer into tPvP character, like deathmatch, like the end of “paid” anything.

Just whole “paid tournament” deal is face-palm worthy. Imagine if dungeons were made this way – every time you wipe you get to pay more gems or grind gold to buy gems. Think anyone would participate?

Kitten this event!

in PvP

Posted by: Fed.8594

Fed.8594

tPvP gets attention proportional to participation.

I disagree, it isn’t that lack of participation is causing Anet to focus less resources to PvP, it’s that less focused Arena resources from launch have led to lack of participation.

Examples would include the time taken to bug fix pvp issues to things like new content for PvPers and the free transfer mechanism (which was kept in place for pve reasons but had a huge detrimental effect on WvW)

Kitten this event!

in PvP

Rythgar.2896

tPvP gets attention proportional to participation.

I disagree, it isn’t that lack of participation is causing Anet to focus less resources to PvP, it’s that less focused Arena resources from launch have led to lack of participation.

Examples would include the time taken to bug fix pvp issues to things like new content for PvPers and the free transfer mechanism (which was kept in place for pve reasons but had a huge detrimental effect on WvW)

Have to agree with this. ArenaNet only have themselves to blame for the decrease in the PvP communities size. And they are gonna need to do a ton more than that last patch to get back on track.

Kitten this event!

in PvP

Posted by: Seeinred.4651

Seeinred.4651

The game like every other game has issues pvp and pve. QQing because we didnt get an apology for cause of lag during a 3 day event is ridiculous (your example). I am aware of the lag and D/Cing in pvp along with wvw crap going on it pisses me off too but this is a NON-subscription game and after only 3 months, a free expansion/upgrade isnt that kitten bad. Deal with the kitten in stride post your concerns but don’t act like a neglected step child when they seem to be a little focused on pve for 3 days.

Conspiracy Thëory- sPvP
Seeinred -Wv3
Dragonbrand sPvP/Wv3 ~Mesmer

Kitten this event!

in PvP

Rythgar.2896

The game like every other game has issues pvp and pve. QQing because we didnt get an apology for cause of lag during a 3 day event is ridiculous (your example). I am aware of the lag and D/Cing in pvp along with wvw crap going on it pisses me off too but this is a NON-subscription game and after only 3 months, a free expansion/upgrade isnt that kitten bad. Deal with the kitten in stride post your concerns but don’t act like a neglected step child when they seem to be a little focused on pve for 3 days.

Hm, I never did ask for an apology. I think you kinda misread my post, about everything with it from the sounds of it.
What I requested was more than one reply per week from ArenaNet. So, I did not request an apology or excuse, just a reply to acknowledge the problem at hand.

And to use the excuse that it’s a sub-free game doesn’t really work. Because I can tell you that they’ve earned a lot more from the micro transactions than any subs they could have had.

And since when is making a post about the lack of communication from the developers of a game being “a neglected step child”? And where do you get the whole “a little focused on PvE for three days” from? You have been around the forums/game the last 3 months right?

Kitten me, get your kitten information right before you go off kittening people that wants to kitten about a kitten game!

(edited by Rythgar.2896)

Kitten this event!

in PvP

Posted by: Seeinred.4651

Seeinred.4651

Hm, I never did ask for an apology. I think you kinda misread my post, about everything with it from the sounds of it.
What I requested was more than one reply per week from ArenaNet. So, I did not request an apology or excuse, just a reply to acknowledge the problem at hand.

And to use the excuse that it’s a sub-free game doesn’t really work. Because I can tell you that they’ve earned a lot more from the micro transactions than any subs they could have had.

And since when is making a post about the lack of communication from the developers of a game being “a neglected step child”? And where do you get the whole “a little focused on PvE for three days” from? You have been around the forums/game the last 3 months right?

Kitten me, get your kitten information right before you go off kittening people that wants to kitten about a kitten game!

Not meant to be a direct stab at you my sweet kitten:P

Going off the posts Title “Kitten this event” which IS a 3 day event and the example used for pvp issues was lag related there werent any other issues addressed here, so why the remark bout past 3 months of forum debates? My comment is twords the post and its title not the whole cluster kitten of problems since release

Conspiracy Thëory- sPvP
Seeinred -Wv3
Dragonbrand sPvP/Wv3 ~Mesmer