Kratoast's Vanilla 1v1 Tournament

in PvP

Posted by: xKratos.4758

xKratos.4758

I KNOW LOT OF PEOPLE WILL WAIT TILL LAST MINUTE TO SIGN UP BUT PLEASE SIGN UP ASAP SO I CAN MAKE A MORE BALANCE BRACKET

Please allocate about 3 hours minimum if you are signing up for this tournament

The Tournament will be hosted on Twitch.tv/xkratosz around 5 Central, depend on the number of sign-ups I may stream the Outter brackets instead of just the Top 8 – The quality will be a little bad since I cannot find anyone free to host the tournament but it will still be watchable.

There will be some changes to the rules (Ex. Necros are allow to use Plague, Definition of 1 minion only does not include the Elite Minion)

START SIGNING UP NOW MAXIMUM SPOTS ARE 48 SINCE THERE ARE ONLY 2 ADMIN
Signup will be close On 4:00 CST ON SATURDAY 27TH
Players will be whispered by Admins to show up to designated arenas.

There will be giveaways for viewers on stream – Sponsored by twitch.tv/JoinJess

Viewers Giveaways Include
400 Gems (JoinJess will buy what you want)
Bloodstone Skins and Other Skins
100g
And mores

After taking more inputs from people I decide to change the rules set and ban list slightly. This will be the main post that will contain all the information of this tournament that will happen on: August 27th

I have lot of gems from winning AG and idk what to do with them so I am giving back to the community (LUL). This tournament is host in NA but EUs feels free to make a F2P account or transfer over and play if you want. A battlefly website will be posted here soon.

Rules
Only these amulets are allow: Viper, Zerker, Marauder, Destroyer, Assassin, Seeker, Sinister, Rampager and Carrion
If a duel last longer than 3 mins both players will be put on zerker amulet
NO REVS IT A VANILLA TOURNAMENT. So don’t ask me if Rev without the Elite is allow, that cancer Came with HoT and is NOT Vanilla

Prizes
1st: 800 gems (I will buy anything from gem store for you with my gems as long as it under 800) & 300g + Bloodstone GS Skin
2nd: 200g + Plasma Sword Skin
3rd: 69g69s69c + A Pack of 3x Finishers

Format
All Duels before Round of 8 will be BO3. Players may tweak their builds as they see fit between each set.
Round of 8 and Semis will be BO5
Finals will be BO7

https://battlefy.com/non-hot-1v1s/end-of-summer-vanilla-1v1-tournament/57b3d2f6b84759200cfb12eb/info

Courtesy of Caspian

As the tourney go on if the moderators perceive some thing as AIDS it will be ban on the spot.

Casters and Dank Guests Casters
Jeff and Kralle From NL
Aerodynamique
Kenya
The Legendary Autistic Forever Second Best Ranger NA (Kappa), The One and Only: THROWNY

Maps

Vote for what map you want the duels to happen here:

https://strawpoll.de/fdfc54f

Info’s on Battlefly website will be update soon. There will be some minor build bans added so keep eyes on that

[AZN] Kratoast – twitch.tv/xkratosz
I host dank memes 244p tournament MingLee

(edited by xKratos.4758)

in PvP

Posted by: MrWhisper.4306

MrWhisper.4306

This mesmer bans is almost everything except normal power mes lol. Rip

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

So if my opponent plays necro, I just run away for 3 minutes and enjoy the free win afterwards?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

So if my opponent plays necro, I just run away for 3 minutes and enjoy the free win afterwards?

Its all fun and shiet until nec deletes you with spinal shivers proc

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: moobs.5862

moobs.5862

what’s wrong with condi mes and condi engi

NL m0bz

in PvP

xKratos.4758

This mesmer bans is almost everything except normal power mes lol. Rip

You are right after reconsideration I allow Condi Mes HOWEVER Not allow inspiration if you run condi mes

in PvP

xKratos.4758

what’s wrong with condi mes and condi engi

I allowed condi mes and Condi with some restriction after reconsideration and more inputs from people

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

So what are the rules on build/class/ trait swapping and such?
Is it best of three? Double elimination?
Legacy of foefire mid node?
Boundaries of kiting?
Life force starting percentage?
Distance of starting competitors?
Downstate is a victory or stomping?

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

xKratos.4758

So what are the rules on build/class/ trait swapping and such?
Is it best of three? Double elimination?
Legacy of foefire mid node?
Boundaries of kiting?
Life force starting percentage?
Distance of starting competitors?
Downstate is a victory or stomping?

There a strawpoll for maps voting. Format will be announce after the signup website is up.

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

Some of these bans are excessive. They were part of core gw2 and you are banning them. Not like ranger taunt is OP by any means now that it isn’t unblocker/unevadable… that’s just one example…… And for mesmer are you saying that you can only play condi mesmer if you are wielding a scepter? how dumb is that?

Delpfine Drake

in PvP

Posted by: JediSange.1645

JediSange.1645

This is a nice idea, but a really bad rule set. You clearly are just banning what your opinions are on the vanilla meta. Need more people to take initiative like this though to liven up the scene.

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Some of these bans are excessive. They were part of core gw2 and you are banning them. Not like ranger taunt is OP by any means now that it isn’t unblocker/unevadable… that’s just one example…… And for mesmer are you saying that you can only play condi mesmer if you are wielding a scepter? how dumb is that?

I originally ban condi mes however after some more inputs i decide to let it in. Also, Scepter cuz Dank memes breh. You can still run sword torch on other set if you wanna do the kitten stealth burst 4Head

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

HoT pets / Moa / Adrenal Health allowed?

Seems legit

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Warrior will be extremely strong because of adrenal health.
Ranger can be strong with stealth trapper.
Condition mesmer will still be very strong against any non-condition build without inspiration.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Seems legit

You cannot use HoT pet without druids spec-in and as I said VANILLA mean Not HoT related specs. I can’t ban addrenal Because it a minor trait banning it mean banning the whole traitline that is mandatory for warrior And Moa mes is ban thanks for reminding me It just so natatural to assume Moa is ban in 1v1 I forgot to add it

in PvP

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

As the tourney go on if the moderators perceive some thing as AIDS it will be ban on the spot.

Great initiative, ridiculous ruleset, especially this ^
So I manage to theory craft some build that will work good for me only to have it arbitrarily banned by a subjective view of some mod?
Sorry m8 but this is a total joke, just give the gems to one of your eSpurts buddies and be done with it xD

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

in PvP

xKratos.4758

So I manage to theory craft some build that will work good for me only to have it arbitrarily banned by a subjective view of some mod?
Sorry m8 but this is a total joke, just give the gems to one of your eSpurts buddies and be done with it xD

This is in place as a measurement for potential AIDS brain-dead builds that may not be on the radar. Let me use an hypothetical situation for you to understand:
Let say I run a HoT 1v1 tournament back when Bunker mes was OP BUT no one discovered Bunker Mesmer exist and YOU somehow the godlike espurts player who theory crafted it, and we all know how aids that was. This rule is in place just in case we will most likely not ban anything you theory craft breh

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

Seems legit

You cannot use HoT pet without druids spec-in and as I said VANILLA mean Not HoT related specs. I can’t ban addrenal Because it a minor trait banning it mean banning the whole traitline that is mandatory for warrior And Moa mes is ban thanks for reminding me It just so natatural to assume Moa is ban in 1v1 I forgot to add it

HoT pets are available for everyone, not just HoT owners……..

Delpfine Drake

in PvP

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

This is in place as a measurement for potential AIDS brain-dead builds that may not be on the radar. Let me use an hypothetical situation for you to understand:
Let say I run a HoT 1v1 tournament back when Bunker mes was OP BUT no one discovered Bunker Mesmer exist and YOU somehow the godlike espurts player who theory crafted it, and we all know how aids that was. This rule is in place just in case we will most likely not ban anything you theory craft breh

Still, banning something while the tournament is ongoing based on what someone may precieve as AIDS is wrong IMO, make up the rules beforehand and live with the outcome, if by the tourney date someone managed to come up with an undiscoverable build and wins with it he should get the win no matter what.

Just my 2 cents.

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Seems legit

HoT pets are available for everyone, not just HoT owners……..

Oh I didn’t know that. But whatever I already put in the post HoT pets are all ban

in PvP

Posted by: JediSange.1645

JediSange.1645

Yeahhhh. I imagine this is going to get no traction with the wishy-washy rules lol. “Yeah but, I can ban something if I say it’s ban worthy”

What you deem as ban worthy is completely subjective and, frankly, you don’t have any credentials to be an authority on the matter.

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Yeahhhh. I imagine this is going to get no traction with the wishy-washy rules lol. “Yeah but, I can ban something if I say it’s ban worthy”

What you deem as ban worthy is completely subjective and, frankly, you don’t have any credentials to be an authority on the matter.

I am a well known player at high tier but I dont expect a random like you to understand, it’s fine. Also, Jeff from NL one of the team that qualify for WTS LAN will be casting this tournament with me and it will be stream on either Marvin or Gamewithstorm channel. There will also be dank guests casters like Aerodynamique, Kralle, Kenya etc. All of whom are Pro Leauge or ex-Pro league players. Those are the one who will decide what build is cancer and what is not. The rules are what I compile of the players at high tier said they should be, not only my opinions or personal views. And I’ll take those players opinions over yours anyday.

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Added Format, Casters Sections and Other Misc Infos

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Sound like fun, maybe i will have time to watch. Thanks for making it

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Ban whatever you don’t like on the spot? No thanks. Good luck have fun.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Added sign up link. Updated prizes

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Ban whatever you don’t like on the spot? No thanks. Good luck have fun.

It a voting decisions by the people who are pick as moderators. It will not be decide by one person. Also, this is in place because if by some chance a random find a build that allow them to beat let say Toker in a mirror thief 1v1 when they in fact do not possess the skills then yes that cancer build will be ban.

in PvP

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I find it hilarious that there is not a single ban for Eles. Talk about how celestial amu carried the class for years. But I might pick up my hanged shoes and suit up my scepter. Hopefully I don’t get rekt by P/P thieves and medi guardians ????

in PvP

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If HoT pets for Ranger are not allowed, you may as well just ban Ranger completely as the vanilla pets are useless, there is a reason why none of them are ever used. The HoT pets are a big part of the reason Rangers can actually be semi-competitive now.

in PvP

Posted by: moobs.5862

moobs.5862

I think you’ve forgotten how bad non hot is. I know guardian is like -60% effectiveness without DH. I’d probably lose a 1v1 to a bristle back tbh

NL m0bz

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I think you’ve forgotten how bad non hot is. I know guardian is like -60% effectiveness without DH. I’d probably lose a 1v1 to a bristle back tbh

I thought that pet was banned for this tournament…

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

xKratos.4758

I thought that pet was banned for this tournament…

All HoT Pets are ban. What moobz meant is that if I don’t ban HoT Pets everyone would roll ranger and let the rev dog and purple hippo do the works while they spam dodges on sword dagger and kite all match

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

rev dog and purple hippo. i like this guy

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I think you’re going to turn a lot of people off with those rules.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

So on the 3 minute zerker switch, doesn’t that heavily favor power builds?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

xKratos.4758

It slightly does but not that big of a gap between power necro and other power class for example. However without this rules some duels may last up to 10 mins.

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Yes I realize some people want to play their AIDS builds like triple mantra Face roll Mesmer for example or using hot pet for ez wins while picking all defensive traits possible on vanilla ranger etc. The rules are in place to put certain classes mechanics that are clearly overpower compare to other classes thus give the lesser skills player the edge as long as they roll a certain specs. The rules are put together by my experience as well as high tier players inputs so if someone get turn off well suck for them they missing out on a chance for 500g and 800 gems while playing something fun instead of AIDS rank queue

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Yes I realize some people want to play their AIDS builds like triple mantra Face roll Mesmer for example or using hot pet for ez wins while picking all defensive traits possible on vanilla ranger etc. The rules are in place to put certain classes mechanics that are clearly overpower compare to other classes thus give the lesser skills player the edge as long as they roll a certain specs. The rules are put together by my experience as well as high tier players inputs so if someone get turn off well suck for them they missing out on a chance for 500g and 800 gems while playing something fun instead of AIDS rank queue

Seems unnecessarily hostile even if it’s not directed at me.

It’s your tourney, I have no problem with making the rules “only zerk amulets on condi builds” or whatever you want to do. Your restrictions are just overly harsh IMO and I think you’re going to lose half your viewership based on that. I was interesting in watching it, but with the harsh rules I have lost interest.

Most other tourney’s just use the “zerk amulets only and don’t blatantly troll” rule or something and do fine. Zerk and no HoT stuff would be how I’d do it, but I’m not running this or putting up the prize.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

It slightly does but not that big of a gap between power necro and other power class for example. However without this rules some duels may last up to 10 mins.

How so? There is a huge difference between a power build using a zerker amulet and a condi build using a zerker amulet. The condi build will hit like a wet noodle while still being glassy. That’s an automatic win for the power build in any power vs conditions match that goes over 3 min.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Liam.6987

Liam.6987

i cant wait for it, already have my post about corrupt admins ready

hahameisnerd

in PvP

Posted by: LokreN.7698

LokreN.7698

Looking forward to you putting my name up.

I will be one of the moderators for this tournament. If you have any questions, send me a private message and I’ll talk to you in game about it.

(edited by LokreN.7698)

in PvP

Posted by: Liam.6987

Liam.6987

Looking forward to you putting my name up.

I will be one of the moderators for this tournament. If you have any questions, send me a private message and I’ll talk to you in game about it.

thats a tryhard reply tbh

hahameisnerd

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

1v1 me, dank memes only.

While some bans seem…excessive and it certainly favours some particular classes known for being prime 1v1 server heroes pre-HoT, it’s OP’s tournament and his rules, so nothing to argue about. Might watch.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

xKratos.4758

How so? There is a huge difference between a power build using a zerker amulet and a condi build using a zerker amulet. The condi build will hit like a wet noodle while still being glassy. That’s an automatic win for the power build in any power vs conditions match that goes over 3 min.

You are allow to Swap builds in between sets. So even if you force to go on zerker after the first set you are allow to Swap to a power build.

in PvP

xKratos.4758

Seems unnecessarily hostile even if it’s not directed at me.

It’s your tourney, I have no problem with making the rules “only zerk amulets on condi builds” or whatever you want to do. Your restrictions are just overly harsh IMO and I think you’re going to lose half your viewership based on that. I was interesting in watching it, but with the harsh rules I have lost interest.

Most other tourney’s just use the “zerk amulets only and don’t blatantly troll” rule or something and do fine. Zerk and no HoT stuff would be how I’d do it, but I’m not running this or putting up the prize.

The rules are partly in place to increase viewership. No one’s want to see 2 bunker guard going at it or triple mantra Mesmer faceroll keyboards to victory with stealth bursts. As I said I am just trying to minimize the cancers and make it more fun to watch.

in PvP

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

What is a “stacking rune”?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Oh man, look at all these people that can’t play their afk builds~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

You are allow to Swap builds in between sets. So even if you force to go on zerker after the first set you are allow to Swap to a power build.

I know that. What I am talking about is the rule that after a match goes on past 3 minutes, both players must change to zerker amulet with no build changes.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Forum bug fix

Gate of Madness

in PvP

xKratos.4758

I know that. What I am talking about is the rule that after a match goes on past 3 minutes, both players must change to zerker amulet with no build changes.

Ah Sorry I should be more clear. This applied for each separate set. For example IF You were 1v1 someone for your first set of bo3 and it go over 3 mins. You will be asked to Swap to zerker. However, on the next set you can go and use another build that is not zerker just not that same build that you stalemate with. So you can make adjustments b4 you are ask to Swap to zerker.