Kyhlo, Trebuchet, lets talk.

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

One of the reasons why GW2 has a hard time becoming an eSPORT is because this final tournament map is a joke. A pathetic joke because:

1.) You kill the enemy treb.
2.) Its a slap in the wrist and they don’t care because..
3.) Repair kit is immediately available after Treb gets destroyed. Don’t know what ANET was doing when they were aiming to become an eSport when people do get carried by this pathetic map. Seriously this map is just as bad as Raid in the Capricorn.
4.) Two Mesmers swap portal around the Treb game breaks the map, easily.
5.) You can’t simply pep rally your friends to resort to broken tactics due to a number of reasons (Pride, having fun, having a rewarding feeling that doesn’t rely on underhanded tactics). No one likes preachers, get it ANET? Not all of us like having Mesmers on our team comps but this map makes Mesmers too necessary. The other maps don’t have to have a Mesmer but this one has to, so lets keep it faithful to the two other maps because those two other maps before Kyhlo have more strategy involved that is more fair than Kyhlo’s mechanics.

Problem?

TL;DR No strategy due to Trebuchet. Two Mesmers (Hell even one Mesmer is enough) game break the map.

ANET, listen to me. If you care about being an eSport then give this map strategy based on:

1.) A reason to get good at protecting the Trebuchet and..
2.) Getting rewarded for taking down the enemy Trebuchet because..
3.) Repair kits are supposed to have a re-spawn timer considering the Trebuchet is a game changing mechanism and that we, players, your customers, have to make plays around it.
4.) And last but not the least, make the players do most of the work and not rely on pathetic underhanded tactics such as using Two Mesmers to abuse Kyhlo’s mechanics.

/End-rant

Not like I care if I get shunned or praised for this post anyways, I just want a clean competitive match like Legacy of Foefire or Forest of Niflhel not feel cheated on whenever I win or lose.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

(edited by Schwahrheit.4203)

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

Where do you play?? Most teams realized long time ago, TREB is important but only in some part of game and therefore they dont camp it, event they rarely use portal to repair it.

In fact i see more and more teams running without treb or using treb only for 2-3 suprise shots and then ignore it again..

portal mesmers are no longer an issue.. its still the elementalist who can simply destroy treb too fast without any problems.. and you canĀ“t send 2 people back to make sure your treb is fine.. if you do so.. you loosing points

in PvP

Posted by: Seragi.5910

Seragi.5910

I think what he is trying to say is that the treb mechanic in general is a game changing advantage…. i dont want to have to man/ send 1-2 people to kill the treb. This map is suppose to be who can cap the point better… not who can defend thier treb better

in PvP

Seragi.5910

easy fix, killing treb = 25 pts. repair kit on cd like svanir/chieftan respawn. simple but not completely devastating change

in PvP

Aragiel.6132

I think what he is trying to say is that the treb mechanic in general is a game changing advantage…. i dont want to have to man/ send 1-2 people to kill the treb. This map is suppose to be who can cap the point better… not who can defend thier treb better

it is .. but if you focus too much on your treb.. you will lose anyway.. one ele will not make you fire and then you lost too much of time. And if you defend with two guys? well then you left your teammates fighting 5v3 on battelfield.. even with treb support they will be quite able to hold two points and therefore you loosing game

in PvP

Seragi.5910

that exactly my point, shouldnt have to manage whether or not to man treb… whether or not to attack treb. you leave a guy at treb to long u lose out on nodes but if u dont handle the treb you get owned at the nodes as well

in PvP

Aragiel.6132

that exactly my point, shouldnt have to manage whether or not to man treb… whether or not to attack treb. you leave a guy at treb to long u lose out on nodes but if u dont handle the treb you get owned at the nodes as well

but thats part of strategy and your team overview.. normally you can get 1-2 supprisive shot but thats it.. and these are normally easily to be dodged..

do you play in paid tournaments? because there is really hudge difference between paid and free tournaments in terms of treb usage

in PvP

Seragi.5910

I havent bothered, I dont put in enough time nor do I have a team dedicated enough to attempt paid tourny. I can assume the gameplay is light years different then free tourny

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Paids are actually legit play2win. You won’t get banned if you abuse something broken, therefore FIX what is broken.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Seragi.5910

I wasnt speaking as much to the mes portal thing because arena net already said they were nerfing that if they havent already.. im not sure I dont play mes. I just dont like the treb so much in round 3… just frustrating I guess when you pugging and you lack the communication required for that map