Kyhlo map vote for s6

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Posted by: Forsty.7968

Forsty.7968

I think it could be nice if Anet could consider adding old kyhlo vs new kyhlo as a vote along with the vote for solo/duo only. I dont know for other people but i never had any camera issues specifically in kyhlo. In my opinion the new version of the map is simply a dumbed down ugly version of the old, it removed the identity of the map and what i and i bet many others loved it for. Removing complexity from maps doesnt seem nice, all of the new maps and remakes of maps seem to be doing exactly that. I can see why you wouldnt want to add a vote if the camera thing is actually a huge issue for some but i cant imagine that.

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Totally agree on that one.

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Poison.4875

Phoebe Poison.4875

Khylo used to be THE favourite map of me, and the jumping puzzles around the clocktower were one of the reasons. Rest in peace.

Sadly I doubt ANet will just scrap something they’ve been working on and released, the best we can hope for is probably another rework in around 2 years (hi skyham).

The camera thing, I KINDA see where they were coming from, but it honestly seemed to be the biggest issue for certain people in control of the camera in tourneys and not the players themselves. The part about removing complexity though, i wholeheartedly agree on that, both changes together just dumbed down the map which is not a good thing.

-

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I just want to say I think that the clocktower roof needed to go. The amount of times I’ve seen someone LoS away to there and survive at 5%… I may just be grumpy, who knows.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Posted by: master.1607

master.1607

I love it. Great design and i have not any camera issues. There is no more teleport to roof or hide behind the window wall. Pure pvp ofcourse not for terrian slackers

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I love it. Great design and i have not any camera issues. There is no more teleport to roof or hide behind the window wall. Pure pvp ofcourse not for terrian slackers

There’s still ways to use the terrain, but it’s not as absurd as before

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

this isnt a democracy
start learning the map instead of complaining

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Forsty.7968

this isnt a democracy
start learning the map instead of complaining

Learning a dumbed down version of an old, more complex map? I mean sure i might as well learn to walk again, not like id need to. I think making big changes like this to maps that are already good with no transparency to the community about said is really bad. Why put work time to where its honestly not needed or wanted for that matter?

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Forsty.7968

Looking forward to anet changing every map to the eternal coliseum just with different side objectives? Those 2 pillars at the mid node straight out scream “Great design”. To me the rest of the changes of the map were pretty much on the same level as these things, although the side jumps do look nice, there was no reason to change them to simplify them other than catering to people like you who cant press two keys somewhat simultaneously consistently.

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Forsty.7968

I just want to say I think that the clocktower roof needed to go. The amount of times I’ve seen someone LoS away to there and survive at 5%… I may just be grumpy, who knows.

The only reasonable argument for removing the roof is the camera problem, and that is if it was an actual problem. Even that doesnt really reason with changing a big part of the map along with it. They couldve also just removed the camera issues and had some platforms like the ones existing up there.

(edited by Forsty.7968)

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

There really needs to be a vote. I hate the new version. I absolutely hate it. Clock tower used to be one of the best nodes in the game for kiting and LoS (the only ones with more are the sides on forest) which just adds another layer of skill to the map. Whatever you say about it not being real pvp, knowing the kiting spots gives you a HUGE advantage just as it should do. Now that I know all the kiting spots in the game (many of which I have never seen anyone else use), my survivability has increased so much and it makes surviving bad situations so much more interesting. This is why foefire mid is such a boring node and now clock tower has become just the same.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Don’t fix what is not broken, all i can say to Khylo :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

this isnt a democracy

with no transparency to the community

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Forsty.7968

this isnt a democracy

with no transparency to the community

Just saying, they could be digging themselves kitten by doing unwanted things, im asking for 1 vote and transparency in the future as to what theyre up to so they wont harm their own game more than they have. If the transparency to you means democracy im sorry for the people that have to deal with you.

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

Khylo used to be my favorite map. Yes I play thief, and yes I feel like thief had a serious advantage on that map. Just like Warrior, Engineer, Dragon Hunter, or any other “Team fighting” class has an advantage on Legacy of the Foefire where team fights win the match. Thief has its on niche and it’s not team fights, so of course it’s going to feel like a nerf when Khylo is so simple to rotate it’s basically dumbed down to the complexity of Legacy of the Foefire. I guess Temple of the Silent Storm is my new favorite map… until they remove the multi leveled areas from that map as well.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

Kyhlo map vote for s6

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

if transparency means democracy? what.
youre asking for a vote. anet isn’t going to hold a vote for every little change they make to the game.
I doubt the change had anything to do with camera issues. I think it was because classes with ports had a huge advantage with the roof up. there was no way to chase unless you were a thief or guard with ji. yes the treb was a counter to that, but using a treb to combat something that shouldn’t be there in the first place doesn’t make sense.
anywho gl with the new khylo.