Lack of balance driving players away

in PvP

Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

Gw2 is absolutely amazing I’ve enjoyed countless hours on it,and even continue to throughout even these sickening days.
Guild wars 2 has a lot going for it,the potential is has is through the roof,the problem is the management.
Months of months of disgusting specs and pigeon holing entire teams into certain amulets/gear is terrible.
Balance should be towards the top of your priority not last
This game has serious potential
Time to work towards it.

(edited by JEFFARR.8163)

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Not only lack of balance: the mists are now a prison restraining you from fun while you wait in queue. For most people, that’s unacceptable.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

It’s just not a priority for them. Why? Because there is not direct cash from it. That’s why almost all their resources go towards HoT and the Gem Store.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

the average pvper (theif) does play like they are lobotomised tho, so idk if it’s all balance

(it’s absolutely in part due to bugs + balance)

(fix pulls anet. come one this is stupid)

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Reasons I’ve not bothered PvPing in about a month now:

- hot join gone; sometimes I just wanna jump straight in
- premades premades premades premades that’s all I ever get matches up with…. And this is in UN-RANKED
- Ridiculous D/D ele taking on more than 2 players at once is grossly imbalanced
- new maps are basically PvE orientated or incorporate such gameplay style
- no new runes/sigils added to list of build diversity

I really just want solo queue. So sick of being matches up against premades and the horribly long queue times.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I’m playing almost exclusively in full premades and it’s not so bad >:)

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Balance is merely another drop…

You have to see it like this; you too can pick up the OP specs and do well on it, and if you are competitively minded, you might complain but always try to win, no matter what the cost – so slow balancing does little to keep people away, aside from shifting what is overpowering from one role to another

From this previous part, you can already take a thing out and see what is actually wrong. You have no reason to try your utmost best, unless you are like ESL quality – and even then most people do not bother considering that the few playing in there are leagues ahead, while you may struggle to place yourself.
A league system might be the answer, but considering it is mostly about seaons, I doubt it…

Other subjects that are complained about are a lack of Solo Que and staying in HotM to que up. These things together with the slow balance and progression just make it a drag to try and do your best within a game…

Balance is important, granted, but most people flock to what the pros do anyway. You will see complaints about other subjects in a few weeks. That, and the expansion is comming soon™, so without a competitive infrastructure there is no reason to try to balance what we got now if it won’t attract old and new players

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Just like they waited for the Trait Revamp to fix a lot of things that were complained about in the traits, they are probably also waiting for HoT to fix or before fixing any further thing.

HoT is going to be a major balance swing, don’t forget that so easily. Same with the players, most people are just waiting for HoT to land and are training up for the new league system.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Anet trys to balance using self-interested views from the forum rather than being more objective, that is why after a balance patch things just get worse. There are blatant changes that need to be made that focuses PvP on player skill rather than passive or op effects, but they don’t have the courage to make these changes because of the outrage from people who will lose their advantage over others. Anet’s response is to even things out by giving everyone OPness which unbalances things even more.

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

i do agree on the balance area and that it is driving the playerbase away ^^
(i know it is the reason i don’t play gw2 much, took a long break and will soonish fully stop playing it at all)

a suggestion for fixing this would be a TTK system.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/PVP-basic-game-design-TTK-time-to-kill/page/2#post5486987

when that is said i think one of the major issue’s of gw2 in its core is also that they tried to arbitrarily amp up the difficulty with weapon switching, fields/finisher combo’s and downing system.
these are all adding things which could be added in a much better way without the “clutter” and the “false difficulty” of using/learning it.
they are there because they wanted it to be “hard to master” for their esport.
what they didnt understand is that arbitrary difficulty amping does the direct opposite to the esport scene, it drives it away…

it is like badly designed camera, interfaces or controls. these things should not be a difficulty challenge, and when they are they cheapens the experience.
equally the arbitrary amping of difficulty that gw2 have done with weapon switching, fields/finishers and downing system is only hurting the enjoyment of the gameplay and the feeling of being skillfull, rather than learning to deal with badly designed concepts…

(edited by Nyx.6532)

in PvP

Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

:(
Such sadness
More openess
Very careless
Such balanceless

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

They need to bring back solo q. Yes I know this makes things worse for premades but at the end of the day, more people are solo q than premade.

They could even do a Solo Q, Fastest Match, and Premade. If you click “fastest match” and you’re solo, you have the risk of fighting a premade. League of Legends right now is probably the most successful pvp game out and if they did half the stuff anet does, it wouldn’t even exist because nobody would play it.

in PvP

Posted by: Jahran.8456

Jahran.8456

They need to bring back solo q.

I totally agree. It’s a simple fix. It won’t cost anything in development and can have a big impact on PvP. There should be an option to do PvP without being slaughtered by premades. Not fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

The pvp community is by far most loyal player base and the players log more hours than any other community in this game,and since guildwars2 pvp is the best thing this game has going for it.
Please don’t neglect balancing your game.
This game is outstanding
If only the devs would live up to the potential

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

They just don’t care bout pvp

We all already know it since like…uhm…more than 2 years ago pretty much

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

They don’t care too much about pvp coz you know, we don’t buy stuff.

It’s their fault for not creating monetization opportunities from PvPers. It’s also their fault for not having regular balance updates coz that repels competitive players. Plus, there are no meaningful incentives to make people want to stick around.

If they got their ducks lined up early on, I’m sure they would have figured out a way to make money of off Pvpers which in turn allows them to further invest into improving it.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Reasons I’ve not bothered PvPing in about a month now:

- hot join gone; sometimes I just wanna jump straight in
- premades premades premades premades that’s all I ever get matches up with…. And this is in UN-RANKED
- Ridiculous D/D ele taking on more than 2 players at once is grossly imbalanced
- new maps are basically PvE orientated or incorporate such gameplay style
- no new runes/sigils added to list of build diversity

I really just want solo queue. So sick of being matches up against premades and the horribly long queue times.

Hotjoin isn’t gone though.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis