Lack of competitive PvP content.

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

?

Nothing is happening. Nobody is playing. Radio silence from Arena Net.

What is happening? Say something, do something…

Even the AG’s are gone now. What’s the deal?

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Posted by: Nos.9803

Nos.9803

Soon™

www.Twitch.tv/Noscoc

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

If you only play pvp in gw 2 right now there is no reason to even login right now…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Hannibal.6294

Hannibal.6294

Its sad really, now that AGs are dead and nothing has been said about upcoming events and absolutely 0 word on when the next season will be, there is literally 0 reason to pvp right now,

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

You’d be better off leaving for the time being. There’s no use being unhappy waiting for some magical content to appear out of nowhere.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Time for everyone to jump off the Spvp scene and onto WvW scene, time to make WvW roaming great again! /jk. I don’t get what people are going on about new competative content? Everyone wants the same boring game of ye’old conquest game type with a new map, and nothing else for the competative aspect of Spvp. If you try to suggest adding or making another game mode for ranked it’s shot down and argued that it would shrink/divide the player population. Really though I’m curious to wonder what people expect for new PVP content(aside from balance changes)

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

Time for everyone to jump off the Spvp scene and onto WvW scene, time to make WvW roaming great again! /jk. I don’t get what people are going on about new competative content? Everyone wants the same boring game of ye’old conquest game type with a new map, and nothing else for the competative aspect of Spvp. If you try to suggest adding or making another game mode for ranked it’s shot down and argued that it would shrink/divide the player population. Really though I’m curious to wonder what people expect for new PVP content(aside from balance changes)

we literally just want season 5

Darek.1836

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

If by “we” you mean “paid ESL teams”, I suspect you’re right.

Just guessing, I’d say ANET is dedicating most of it’s resources to the next expac right now. That and Living World season 3.

Also, they are likely being very careful to test the next season’s system. We need a good, successful season.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Season’s should never go down or not for more than a week at most. The current season should be extended until the next season is ready to go.

As for other competitive esports support from anet. It is a bad idea. The pvp in this game is such a mess and looks like such a mess that promoting such tournaments is actually negative publicity. People will be put off getting into the game when they see what a mess it is.

The solution is to promote in-game competitive pvp content and to let the esports thing, which has hurt the game so much, die. An esports scene should be self sustaining at this point. Anet tried to give it a kick start but its not going anywhere at this point.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymouse.4760

Anonymouse.4760

true true very true

Katsumi

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

We got 2 new pvp maps – already bored of them?

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

i myself never understood why the in game functionality of the ranked season had to go down for such a period of time…. i dont see whats the harm with letting players get pips ( hey for some of us it feels good)

if your counter argument is to say we want the time to get to a certain division to be limited by a certain amount of time thats fine.. all you have to do is during the “offseason” make all divisions just repeat themselves like legendary does

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

We got 2 new pvp maps – already bored of them?

You can’t be serious. Some of us would like a way to gauge our skill level and have competitive matches. Not this garbage. No map is truly new anyway I have played all the new maps about 100+ each I only pvp about 5-10 hours a week.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

real question is : why are u still playing this game rar lul

im 100% sure next season is gonna be as boring and bad as the last ones, anyway gl with this ded game.

in PvP

Posted by: Thane.9421

Thane.9421

There absolutely needs to be a competitive scene outside of ESL on this game (the status of which is currently questionable, anyway.) Otherwise, ESL just stagnates, and everyone just stops giving a kitten .

This last couple months, I literally watched several new teams form and start scrimming regularly and entering AG just because of ToL – it really doesn’t take that much to invigorate the pvp community, we just need something to work towards. With AG ending and a ranked season incoming where teams literally won’t even be allowed to queue together ranked, it’s not looking great.

Time to step up Anet, pvp isn’t fueled by a handful of teams getting a big payout, it’s driven by competition your players can actually participate in.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

not just competitive content, it´s been 4 years and q time aswell as matchmakin still suck

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

There absolutely needs to be a competitive scene outside of ESL on this game (the status of which is currently questionable, anyway.) Otherwise, ESL just stagnates, and everyone just stops giving a kitten .

This last couple months, I literally watched several new teams form and start scrimming regularly and entering AG just because of ToL – it really doesn’t take that much to invigorate the pvp community, we just need something to work towards. With AG ending and a ranked season incoming where teams literally won’t even be allowed to queue together ranked, it’s not looking great.

Time to step up Anet, pvp isn’t fueled by a handful of teams getting a big payout, it’s driven by competition your players can actually participate in.

This. ^^^ I would add that there needs to be something PvE players can reasonably participate in.

With the stacked matches of s2 and s3, PvE players should have been in favored matches at least some of the time if there MMR was set high enough coming in.

I don’t know why that didn’t work out. I suspect it was at least partly experienced players farming on free accounts. Another big factor, imo, was teams on voice.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

This. ^^^ I would add that there needs to be something PvE players can reasonably participate in.

With the stacked matches of s2 and s3, PvE players should have been in favored matches at least some of the time if there MMR was set high enough coming in.

I don’t know why that didn’t work out. I suspect it was at least partly experienced players farming on free accounts. Another big factor, imo, was teams on voice.

\

Yeah solo queue needs to be fixed with Season 5.

Season 2 was basically just get your MMR high enough and then win every game for the rest of the season. Season 3 was reasonably close to 50/50 matchmaking but basically came down to who had the most kittened players. If you want to understand the feeling imagine going into unranked and being able to consistently 1v2 the enemy team but still losing. Not fun….

The skill gap in queues is actually WAY OUT OF HAND! So out of hand that it’s a problem that should have been fixed in a matter of a couple of weeks, not ignore for months.

However, I’m confident arena net is aware of the problems with the previous seasons and I ask that you keep this thread on topic. We already know what needs to happen in season 5, we just need to know when it’s coming.

Ded gaem for the meanwhile

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Unless the balance is going to be comparable to overwatch, mobas, or a fighting game, the game will always come back to where we are now regardless of the additional content, which often the community gets bored of quickly anyways.

If the view-ability is not as intuitive as with other competitive games, the whole “esports” ad campaign will fail no matter how much money you throw at it.

I’m glad A-net is taking their time, but it’s not the first time they’ve been hush hush only to then have everyone disappointed with what followed.

Till then log in once a week, then go off and play something better lol.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

And here I was thinking PvP content was PvP’ing.

Oh wait it’s 2016 people need to get spoonfed content 24/7.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They should implement open world dueling. If it works well in other games I don’t see why GW2 can’t do it.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

In STO, another NCsoft family game, there is a specific “Ushan” (dueling) area. ( It’s a national park on Andoria ) It’s limited open world dueling, people who want it go there, if they don’t, not.

This seems to work fairly well.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

In STO, another NCsoft family game, there is a specific “Ushan” (dueling) area. ( It’s a national park on Andoria ) It’s limited open world dueling, people who want it go there, if they don’t, not.

This seems to work fairly well.

In ESO you can now duel anywhere and it works perfectly. You can disable the feature if you do not like it. I had a blast just dueling others in the new players area. The game has a level scaling system that balances the gameplay to a certain extent.

Considering that the battle system is what Guild Wars 2 does best, it’s a real shame that they aren’t promoting it with duels, open world team fights and GvG.

I don’t think dueling should be restricted to zones like guild halls. I think we saw how little success that has had.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

We have dueling. It’s called 1v1 hotjoin arenas.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

We have dueling. It’s called 1v1 hotjoin arenas.

You cant compare that. It’s with set gear and the environment is very limited.

Open world dueling is really something on another level. In ESO you can duel on a bridge, or in a tavern, on a ship, in a house, in the middle of a crowded city, on the roof of a building, in the forest, in a waterfall ledge, on a mountain top, in a dungeon, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I just want cool pvp weapon and armour skins. Yeah, yeah, I know it will gosh cause pve players to infest our games our something stupid.

Whatever, I just want moar stuff!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in PvP

Posted by: Thane.9421

Thane.9421

To clarify my original point, I don’t think Anet needs to add more PvP content in the sense that we need some more shiny rewards or new maps or a new game mode. We need more tournaments and better leaderboards. More open, inclusive tournaments that encourage new teams to form and try to get themselves known. Leaderboards that take actual work to climb and give a decent reflection of player skill.

All competitive players need is something to actually compete for besides scrims or trolling unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Monolith.3246

Monolith.3246

i agree

in PvP

Posted by: sexuallegend.2153

sexuallegend.2153

What needs is simple: better players. All these people whining about the game mechanisms don’t even take full advantage of what currently exists in the PVP landscape. The only thing I need is Ranked to open up again. As you can see in Episode 1 of my show (linked below), I have made an absolute joke of unranked so far. This must change for the sake of my countless victims.

Shadow, the Legend Myth
(Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One Of The Avengers)
Best Player Episode 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpC1yIGFB0