Lacking Build Variety Needs Addressing

in PvP

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

I know you, as in ArenaNet, have usage metrics for all the various traits and utilities. Surely there is a huge number of outliers in both directions that need addressing?

Of course, the bugs come first (and there are a lot of them…), but among those that work, there are just so many traits and utilities that see little-to-no use among the general population, and some that see extraordinarily high levels of use amongst tPvP players in particular.

I’m absolutely certain some of the upward outliers are going to be nerfed (don’t disappoint me, AN!), but I’m still concerned about the state of the much-less-used abilities. Please, please don’t forget about them. I want to see all sorts of builds being used in tPvP, not this current junk where the only thing you see is bunkers, mesmers, and thieves with very particular builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

I’m really hoping that there will be new viable builds for each profession with this next patch. There are many traits and utilities that are worthless on many classes, choosing major traits or a skill should be tough decisions rather than picking the only good one in the group.

in PvP

Posted by: Coffeebot.3921

Coffeebot.3921

After the patch, there will certainly be new and more popular builds (FotM) but the problem is the “meta” of s/t PvP, or more to the point the tPvP meta is leaking into sPvP and making more games be a case of bunker builds to win rather than varied ‘fun’ builds to play.

A crappy way of saying: I play a thief and enjoy a bursty high damage + low survival build, but I keep losing to bunker builds, so I feel the need to run a bunker build just to win.

Fornicate like you’ve never fornicated before.
I am anti-censorship, for it doesn’t make sense to pander to a minority.

in PvP

Posted by: merry.3247

merry.3247

lol after this patch nothing is going to happen, it will be the same bad spvp content like at the release, chill bro

in PvP

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

I would hope not. I would hope AN isn’t going to just sit back and take it while their player concurrency numbers continue to plummet. There’s no way that is acceptable, for players or for AN (and certainly not NCSoft…).