Ladder PvP Rewards

Ladder PvP Rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Do you think that rewards are boring and cheap, low graded?
What reward would make you play pvp and compete for the rewards ?

1000 gold ?
1 legendary weapon of your choice ?
Full set of ascended armor ?
10 random Rare mini pets ?
5000 gems ?
5$ and 30 days arena token ?
50 random t9 mats ?
1 infinity black lion merchant ?
66 unidentified dyes ?
20 black lion keys ?
30 tokens for black lion weapon skins ?

Ladder PvP Rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

to give out big rewards the matchmaking and the leaderboards would have to be perfect, i guess the rewards are what they are because it’s still a test season.

having said that, i still feel like the rewards are a bit bad. at least give 1-5 full glorious hero armor, 6-10 5 pieces, 11-15 4 pieces, 16-20 3 pieces, 21-25 2 and 26-50 one piece.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Ladder PvP Rewards

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Is this a double question or a trick question. Either way I will answer both.

What would make me play PvP: Logging into the game. PvP is all I do.

What will make me compete for rewards: I guess technically I do every time I log in. If you are asking if I am going to quit my job and not sleep so I can win all the bacon…the answer is no. I will continue to play only as much as I do now, because anything more would be unhealthy.

EDIT: Probably already is unhealthy as much as I play when I am home.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

Ladder PvP Rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

The rewards should stay exclusive to PvP to draw more players in. If they really want to make more people try PvP its not the quality of the rewards its the quantity. Most people who don’t PvP would be intimidated by the rank they need to even just get the llama mini and therefore might not even bother. To those who think they don’t need more “noobs” in PvP the more of them queueing up means the more of them getting matched together and not in your games

Ladder PvP Rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

If they separate out solo- from team queue, then sure, go ahead and add some “better” rewards to these events. If you are going at it on your own, and are being matched with others who aren’t a full team either, well.. it kinda sucks when you get matched against a premade team. Especially when you are at the luck of the draw on your team being competent enough to win in the first place, not even taking the opposition potentially being premade into consideration. You can be the greatest PvP player known to man, contribute like a champion and be a carry towards victory. On your own in a bad team, you will not win that match regardless. The system does not care for that. The win matters more than how good you are as a individual.

I’m honestly not even interested in trying to “win” these prizes that they are advertising in their latest post. Not because I don’t want them, but because I don’t feel like I’ll have even remotely a chance when I prefer to solo queue and are as such not capable in any way to ensure that my team wins. I can contribute towards victory, of course, but that’s all I can do. “Just make a team” some might say, no, I prefer to solo queue. “That’s your problem” they may say, and sure enough, it is. And as such, I don’t care to try win anything because I prefer playing a certain way. And due to that way of playing, feel like.. there’s not even remotely a chance for me to get anything out of it. So why should I waste my time for eight weeks? I’ll stick with Unranked instead and just play for the fun of it.

If they made a proper solo queue, with everyone having to be solo, alone, and not with someone else.. then I would be more interested to hop into Ranked. At least everyone would be at luck’s mercy with their team. Or maybe they could work on making a system that actually grades you better, based on various factors. Did you capture a point? Was someone from your team on that point already and not engaged, are you wasting time there when you could rotate elsewhere? Did the person on the point rotate elsewhere, meaning you both did something right and potentially equally useful? Did you come to their rescue by being a +1? Are you at Home or Far? Did you engage and win in a 1vX situation? Did you maintain control of a point under the pressure of x targets until backup arrived? Did you bail after y amount of time with many skills on cooldown, preventing a pointless death when nobody from your team came? There’s hundreds of little things that makes a good player. If a system could grade them properly, and give ratings based on that for a leaderboard, I’d be far more interested in participating to try climb it.

I don’t need something valuable to win though. A Mini Llama is fine. As are Glorious Hero armor, though I think that should be reserved for the World Tournament players. I just don’t like the system if I’m honest, and how if you are solo, you are at a massive disadvantage. One player, can not ensure a win if the team they get randomly is terrible. A carry can make a decent team win. But not a terrible one. Like when the Daily makes it so that there’s 3 Rangers, Engineers, Guardians, Warriors, etc. on your team for horrendous comps. Yay for a Daily that promotes players to play on their alts who they are far less likely to be good at. Pretty much no multi class player is typically good at all the professions they play, they are good at one, and maybe decent at others.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

Ladder PvP Rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

If they separate out solo- from team queue, then sure, go ahead and add some “better” rewards to them. If you are going at it on your own, being matched with others who aren’t a full team either, it kinda sucks when you get matched against a premade team, especially when you are at the luck of the draw on your team being competent enough to win.

That is another good point, I only solo queue and its funny that the matches do seem a little out of your control. I have won matches where I have played terribly and lost matches where I was fighting 2 v 1 the whole match and winning the fights.