Ladder points - a question

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Person: 38w-34l with 46 ladder points
Buddy: 46w – 21l with 45 ladder points

Is this data suggesting that person is a better player than buddy?

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Again: The ladder has nothing to do with ‘who is a better player’.

With the given data (number of wins, losses and ladder points) we have no option to see who the better player is. There are too many possibilities how you ended up with the specific number of ladder points.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Again: The ladder has nothing to do with ‘who is a better player’.

With the given data (number of wins, losses and ladder points) we have no option to see who the better player is. There are too many possibilities how you ended up with the specific number of ladder points.

If buddy gets the same number of points through a better win percentage then it means that person is actually earning more points per match. This is how I came to the question.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

If buddy gets the same number of points through a better win percentage then it means that person is actually earning more points per match. This is how I came to the question.

It still does not mean he is a better player.

Here are some extreme examples:
Player 1 is a really good player but he only has a 50% win rate, since half of the time, he is loosing against Abjured (#1 guild NA).

Player 2 is not a good player with a mesmer, and has therefore very low mmr. Now he players shout-warri and can carry his team, and farm other low rated players, now he has a high win chance, till the mmr adjusts.

Without the MMR, we just don’t know where you stand.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

There is something to be said when top players were actually “Top” in the previous broken system. Now we have more grind. We Esports now.