Ladders & Seasons?

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Auudam.2971

Auudam.2971

Just got back to GW after a while away. But i remember some talking and CDI about ladders and seasons, like areans and so on. Is there any news at all regarding this or are we still out in the dark??

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

They haven’t even started working on it.

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Auudam.2971

Auudam.2971

That’s sad to hear, i’m pretty sure a plattform like that would bring some new and fresh spirit to the game, especially now that GW is also growing in Asia.

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Hopefully sooner than later. I’d take ladders and seasons over new games modes, but that’s just me.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Yes. There was an idea regarding PvP roadmap, for April 15 Feature Pack, to remove ranks and add ladders within long PvP seasons, with special rewards for each season. But this idea was officially abandoned on December-2-2013 because customers (aka players) requested it multiple times on forums.

UPDATE: Due to overwhelming player response, we have decided to keep ranks in PvP. We will be looking at rebalancing later tiers to make them more achievable. Because we will be keeping the rank system, at this time we are no longer planning to move rank finishers to ladders, create alternate rank finishers, or award special legacy titles. Thank you to all the players who provided their feedback and came out in favor of keeping ranks.
OFFICIAL SOURCE: Player vs. Player Rewards Roadmap

Personally I liked the idea of removing ranks and creating seasons, but I did not scream about it on forums simply because I liked it.

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Yes. There was an idea regarding PvP roadmap, for April 15 Feature Pack, to remove ranks and add ladders within long PvP seasons, with special rewards for each season. But this idea was officially abandoned on December-2-2013 because customers (aka players) requested it multiple times on forums.

UPDATE: Due to overwhelming player response, we have decided to keep ranks in PvP. We will be looking at rebalancing later tiers to make them more achievable. Because we will be keeping the rank system, at this time we are no longer planning to move rank finishers to ladders, create alternate rank finishers, or award special legacy titles. Thank you to all the players who provided their feedback and came out in favor of keeping ranks.
OFFICIAL SOURCE: Player vs. Player Rewards Roadmap

Personally I liked the idea of removing ranks and creating seasons, but I did not scream about it on forums simply because I liked it.

There is something fundamentally wrong with your post, and it’s saying that ladders have been abandoned because ranks and finishers won’t be in it.

There is nothing to suggest that is the case. Don’t try and convince people that the entire project was abandoned and tossed because there’s a post saying that Ranks were separated. You can’t possibly know that!

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

There is something fundamentally wrong with your post, and it’s saying that ladders have been abandoned because ranks and finishers won’t be in it.

There is nothing to suggest that is the case. Don’t try and convince people that the entire project was abandoned and tossed because there’s a post saying that Ranks were separated. You can’t possibly know that!

It is 9 months since that post. I am not trying to convince anyone anything. Feel free to still hope for seasons and ladder rewards. I prefer to be skeptic after 9 months and remain with my initial reply that “this idea was officially abandoned on December-2-2013 because customers (aka players) requested it multiple times on forums”.

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

there was a talk between helseth and whatshisname about introducing ladder rewards and whatnot that’s supposed to be happening "soon" which was actually re-upped around july 2013.

sometimes, i really would like to know, what the pvp department is forced to do besides improving pvp, because the amount of things that are supposedly worked on since nearly 2 years are ever increasing, while NOTHING actually happened, except for really really unimportant things like downgrading ranks, removing glory, etc. pp.

sometimes i get the feeling, anet wants this game to be played by babies, the way they dumb it down is unintelligible in more than one way.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

It is 9 months since that post. I am not trying to convince anyone anything. Feel free to still hope for seasons and ladder rewards. I prefer to be skeptic after 9 months and remain with my initial reply that “this idea was officially abandoned on December-2-2013 because customers (aka players) requested it multiple times on forums”.

I was skeptic about anything money-related happening with GW2 for the longest time and after two years it finally happens. I bet it will still happen, just not when we were hoping for.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I remain with my initial reply that “this idea was officially abandoned on December-2-2013 because customers (aka players) requested it multiple times on forums”.

I think if you just added “My theory is that…” in front of that reply, I wouldn’t be writing this. Lol. Who are you to say anything’s been officially abandoned?

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Easier to adjust excisting systems, than it is to develop new systems.

They want to do this, but dont have the resources.

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

I definitely think they’re still working on it, but I’ve noticed a trend with the development schedule where they sort of shift the focus of the game to smaller and easier to accomplish projects when the community outcries for them which pushes the larger projects back.

When you take a look back when FP1 was being pushed out they seemed to be championing ladders and seasons as their next grand goal. With this new feature pack coming out, one would have thought that the team’s next big goal (which many of us thought would be the ladders/seasons) would have been ready for this patch. But when you look at the trends of the forum (which seems to be their main feedback inlet) over the past few months, I personally have noticed a lack of posts asking for ladders (granted this is probably from them saying they were working on it, but still a lack of posts relating to it nonetheless) and an increase of posts asking for unique rewards and complaints about model sizing. The implementation of new armor and fixing the models seemed to be much easier goals to accomplish from a development standpoint so my guess is that they switched gears to them to finish those which also would in the long run give them more time to build a better ladder system.

Take a look at developer activity as well (and feel free to correct me on this part if I am wrong). Grouch brought Branden Gee on to RU a few weeks back who was credited as the main person behind the Asuran fix, and the implementation of a new reward track/armor skin seems like an extremely minor task for the actual pvp team. We have not, however, heard word from people like Evan Lesh who are also programmers about what they are working on, which in my mind, seems to hint that those and other PvP team oriented programmers are still at work on a ladder system for future release, as based on the last word we heard from them, that was still their main development goal. Whether or not that has changed or not is yet to be seen, but I still feel it’s coming but these other smaller projects have pushed it back slightly.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Carbonize.1530

Carbonize.1530

Thanks for the feedback. This definitely hits on the rising themes we’ve seen coming from the community.

Creating a sense of progression through the different PvP types is definitely something we want. Hotjoin is not structured enough for new players, while team and solo arena are too daunting.

Open spectating of rated matches requires a lot of back-end work to make it scale to any number of viewers and support delays to prevent abuse. It is also less of a priority than leagues and seasons. Especially since we still have authorized shoutcasters and streamers.

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

Thanks for the feedback. This definitely hits on the rising themes we’ve seen coming from the community.

Creating a sense of progression through the different PvP types is definitely something we want. Hotjoin is not structured enough for new players, while team and solo arena are too daunting.

Open spectating of rated matches requires a lot of back-end work to make it scale to any number of viewers and support delays to prevent abuse. It is also less of a priority than leagues and seasons. Especially since we still have authorized shoutcasters and streamers.

Based on that quote I would assume he is working on it even further.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

tanztante.6532

it would seem so.

good to know that the pvp team didn’t get pulled off for some living story stuff

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

They should introduce ladder reset every 2 months or something…like it was in gw1, there are ppl out there that can play 1-2 matches/week and sitting top ladder just because it’s totally broken and if you have many matches you won’t move from your position no matter if you win or loose. Resets would force ppl to keep playing if they want to stay where they are now pushing those who’re just exploting it out

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

Ladders & Seasons?

in PvP

tanztante.6532

that’s actually a pretty nice idea.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]