Last arena match had 5 rangers.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

PLEASE remove the profession daily achievements. In combination with the low population queuing (even at peak hours) and the strain that puts on matchmaking, you get massive numbers of truly terrible players joining arenas for the daily and getting paired up with players way outside of their skill level. It’s not fun for anyone.

Edit: 3 of the rangers specifically told me that they were PvE players with little to no PvP experience who were simply there to finish the daily and leave. These dailies NEED to go (or at least be restricted to practice mode ONLY). That’s not even getting into the fact that these players with almost no experience are getting matched up with players like myself and Toker at 9:00 PM EST (theoretically right in the middle of the biggest NA primetime)

Attachments:

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

(edited by Errant Venture.9371)

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

Another match with 3 eles on one team at 10:20 EST. What’s the deal Justin? These aren’t “off-peak” hours. The other team had three thieves until two of them swapped. The profession-specific dailies are destroying matchmaking in the hours after reset now.

Attachments:

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

could be worse
just faces 3 premades in a row and then had 4v5… very exciting experience… very motivating

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

What’s the deal Justin?

Since there are so many people playing the same profession, they keep being held back, and held back, until finally we give up and stick them all in the same match.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

What’s the deal Justin?

Since there are so many people playing the same profession, they keep being held back, and held back, until finally we give up and stick them all in the same match.

That’s what I suspected. Can we please get an immediate pause on all profession-specific PvP dailies until a better solution can be arranged? I appreciate that they probably weren’t your idea, but they’re making arena matchmaking horrendous for the 3-4 hours after daily reset.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

(edited by Errant Venture.9371)

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

This should have been fixed the moment the bug fix patch came in.

I loved Unranked/Ranked PvP when the PvP update came in. This Daily patch made me go back to hotjoin.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I love it when the deciding factor in a match is: “Who has more clueless people on a class they don’t know how to play?”

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Least the rangers were spread out between 2 teams. Still better than my encounter.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Been noticing the same stocked up professions in team fights coinciding with the pvp dailies as well. Many are noticeably worse than normal getting that achiev points.

I would vote to get rid of these daily profession wins in a heartbeat.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Least the rangers were spread out between 2 teams. Still better than my encounter.

One of these things is not like the other…

Balanced fight though, other team has three thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: Dimglow.5489

Dimglow.5489

I am also not sure class stacking MMR hits are really helping very much. Right now it feels like if you’re playing the popular class of the night (due to dailies or whatever) you get a longer queue, and eventually you hit a threshold that overrides your class penalties and you get thrown into a game. This seems like a way to encourage people to play another class, but it is completely opaque to the average user. This is what happens to the average user:

- User A queues as class of the day, let’s say warrior. Others do this as well.
- User A experiences a lengthy queue. This widens their MMR band, meaning that when their game pops it is likely to be with players outside of their skill range.
- User A has a MMR penalty applied to try to prevent class stacking/etc.
- User A gets a match with the MMR penalty where they are clearly out of their league. This is exacerbated by the fact that this player is probably not a good warrior. They’re just here for daily, and may not have played this class since the last daily.
- Users B through J play a game with User A. They are of a natively higher MMR playing classes they are not rusty with.
- User A is likely to get stomped. So is their team.
- User A requeues to complete their daily, as they failed, perpetuating the problem as the queue becomes more saturated with this class, until eventually games are 50-60% of this class.
- User A eventually wins and moves on.
- User B through J are frustrated because they’re playing games with players not of their skill bracket in games that are not reflective of the current meta because a high % of players are playing a single class at any given time on rotation.

There are three problems. One is that there is a daily incentive for playing a class, which overrides any/all penalties for playing that class in the queue. Two is that any/all information on how popular a class is in the queue, and how that will impact a player’s experience is completely invisible. Three is that the players do not go away. Between 1 and 2 there is no reason to swap class. You will follow your goal through the matches no matter what. A 1 minute queue difference is negligible while alt tabbed.

So the queue MUST process these players. Since they don’t decide to drop out of the queue they must get put into games. But because they’re getting wide band MMR pops and being hit with MMR penalties they’re likely to get very bad games. The bad games that they then experience are likely to be bad game experiences for the other players. Or in a best case scenario both teams get players our of their depth, and it may be balanced, but it is still far from the current meta, and thus not reflective of true competitive GW2.

I don’t understand why the players are even held back or hit with a MMR penalty. If they’re going to get games put them in good games at the correct MMR skill level. If the three premises above are true then all players MUST be processed and put into a game. If that is true then they should be put into games with their skill depth without any queue time penalty. At the very least then they’ll have a better chance to get their business done and move on.

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

Another 5 ranger game at 5:30 EST Justin. Queue popped in 2 min and my team was wretched.

Attachments:

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: tronjeremy.5820

tronjeremy.5820

I like the daily to try out new classes. Its honestly one of the first times I’ve dusted off an ele or tried out another class. Its a good thing for the most part.

Best Teef NA – http://twitch.tv/tronjeremy_
S/D Condi Build Video – http://goo.gl/bYGs9n
Stronkhold Beta Gameplay – http://goo.gl/IMb8qb

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

One solution would be having these daily profession win achievement different for different individuals.

Ex. player A gets the achievement win as engi and war, while player B gets the achievement win as ele and ranger.

in PvP

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I also like the daily thing cause I finally started trying out something else in PvP. So no I don’t want them to disable it cause I started having fun with some other classes.
And I agree that the solution would be to randomize the daily. Each player gets their own set of two classes for daily.

in PvP

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

One solution would be having these daily profession win achievement different for different individuals.

Ex. player A gets the achievement win as engi and war, while player B gets the achievement win as ele and ranger.

+1

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Spoiling matches by playing incompetently a daily class is strongly conflicting with the philosophy of making majority pvp experience smootoh. For example you are required to queue from the hotm even if you could amuse yourself in pve in order to enable reliable match starts.

Feel free to enjoy any class you prefer. You hardly need a daily for that.

in PvP

Posted by: Northern.9057

Northern.9057

+1

Was going to post exactly this. If the PvP dailies (or at least the ‘win 1 game as xxx class’) dailies were randomized by account, it would eliminate this problem entirely. I like that the dailies make me play classes I might not normally in PvP, but it’s discouraging to see games stacked with the same two classes constantly. Particularly right after the dailies reset.

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

I don’t even know why people don’t use hotjoin 4 it. Last time I checked , you could also do it via hotjoin without putting your team at a disadvantage.

Retired GW2 Player

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Just make the dailies into “Win a game with a Light Class”, “Win a game with a Heavy Class”, and “Win a game with a Medium Class”. It is currently causing serious profession balance issues every day to have them the way they are.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Thief day is the worst though. Its like a freaking Predator movie.
People just appear out of nowhere behind you and freaking mob you. It’s almost funny.

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

What’s the deal Justin?

well whose fault is that? maybe whoever had the genius idea of class specific pvp dailies?

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t even know why people don’t use hotjoin 4 it. Last time I checked , you could also do it via hotjoin without putting your team at a disadvantage.

Same. I do the Dailies in Hotjoin. With the prevalence of uneven matches there, it’s extremely easy to get the daily profession win by volunteering for Autobalance whenever it pops up.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Only make dailies in non ranked arena… that way 5 rangers vs 5 rangers would be a fun pew pew match.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I can beat that. See picture; 7 engineers, one team was all engineers and only 2 of those engis on the 5 engi team are in a party so that is almost all matchmaking’s doing.

One of them was me, and yes I did it because of the daily.

Attachments:

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

I can beat that. See picture; 7 engineers, one team was all engineers and only 2 of those engis on the 5 engi team are in a party so that is almost all matchmaking’s doing.

One of them was me, and yes I did it because of the daily.

ty based engi daily

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Just think of it as a blessing. Whenever a class is in the daily, just play the hard counter

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in PvP

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

It’s so senseless to punish ppl who relog to another profession pre-match.

You (Justin ODell) even stated in another thread that you do not yet have enabled profession bleeding.

I know many of us do have a main profession, and play best with it, but its so much worse to have profession stacking in a “solo-q”-team than perhaps have someone “exploiting” his low-profession ranking.

Either disable the profession specific ranking or change it, so the win or loss will be added to the profession a player queued with, and not the one he is playing on once the match finishes.